Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For me, NIN was the low-point of this episode (and possibly the most boring of the Roadhouse scenes). Really, this was my least favorite of The Return. Hopefully it will prove essential down the road.

I wonder if Showtime had any idea what went out last night. That was the most bat**** thing I've ever seen.

With Nine Inch Nails.

NIN at the Roadhouse is ridiculous....a band of their caliber would never play there. But it was stupid and fun as a long time NIN fan I enjoyed it, right down to their goofy intro from the emcee.

Still of all the musical closing numbers, the first episode was the best. (Chromatics' "Shadow") cause they had the look and dream-pop sound that we associated with the Roadhouse with Julee Cruse.

Gonna be strange when Eddie Vedder does his....again, we'll just suspend disbelief and accept that Eddie is playing a dive bar in a small town in Washington instead of a few hours west in Seattle.

Of all the things to suspend disbelief over and I'm talking about the music.

There was a fly/frog thing that hatched from an egg and crawled into a sleeping girl's mouth in the 50s. And that wasn't even close to the most disturbing thing in the episode. Jeez that was.....David Lynch.

I feel better about it this morning. Thinking of how it ties into The Secret History. It will be significant in the overall mythos of the show. Plus it was nice to have Frank Silva featured so prominently.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

Oh and I think Sharonville Van Etten has been my favorite Roadhouse act with the Chromatics a close #2.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

I love this revival, I love how much fun Lynch and the cast are having and I love the frustrated "I can't make any sense out of this" comments. If you came expecting typical character arcs, a 3 act structure and everything making "sense" you set yourself up for disappointment and have no one to blame but yourself. Of course most will still bellyache and place "blame" on Lynch for being interested in things they aren't and showing things they didn't want to see.

90 seconds. :lol

Well, that's uh. That's slightly better.

YEP! He has 18 hours to tell the story.

Yeah, I know. Dunno if it'll continue in a 4th Season. I've heard some rumors about that.

I love this revival, I love how much fun Lynch and the cast are having and I love the frustrated "I can't make any sense out of this" comments. If you came expecting typical character arcs, a 3 act structure and everything making "sense" you set yourself up for disappointment and have no one to blame but yourself. Of course most will still bellyache and place "blame" on Lynch for being interested in things they aren't and showing things they didn't want to see.

t.You got LYNCH'ED

"The chef made a strawberry dessert. I don't like strawberries. Therefore, the dessert and chef must both be terrible. Furthermore, those that do like the chef's strawberry dessert are snobs, hipsters and whatever other dissmissive I can think of." :duh

Loving this series so far! The only issue I have is that we have to wait 2 weeks for the next episode!

"The chef made a strawberry dessert. I don't like strawberries. Therefore, the dessert and chef must both be terrible. Furthermore, those that do like the chef's strawberry dessert are snobs, hipsters and whatever other dissmissive I can think of." :duh

Basically every thread at SSF. :lol

This is the kind of episode every series has at least once during their 5+ seasons. 1 episode that gives the characters a break and explaining unanswered questions fans have been dying to know.
There is never a good enough answer to the paranormal things so in my opinion it's always a risky move to go that route. Me personally don't know what to feel about it, the old show and FWWM+the Missing Pieces gives an idea and was good enough for me really. This episode kinda killed that suspense.
I expected this thing with evil spirits to be about native american tribes and their Animal Spirits(The owls are not what they seem/Bob) after the Log Lady talked to Hawk and said Coop's disappearence had something to do with his heritage. Would have liked that better than what we got served yesterday. I would be ok with the atomic bomb thing, but what followed just seemed too much at once.

This is the kind of episode every series has at least once during their 5+ seasons. 1 episode that gives the characters a break and explaining unanswered questions fans have been dying to know.
There is never a good enough answer to the paranormal things so in my opinion it's always a risky move to go that route. Me personally don't know what to feel about it, the old show and FWWM+the Missing Pieces gives an idea and was good enough for me really. This episode kinda killed that suspense.
I expected this thing with evil spirits to be about native american tribes and their Animal Spirits(The owls are not what they seem/Bob) after the Log Lady talked to Hawk and said Coop's disappearence had something to do with his heritage. Would have liked that better than what we got served yesterday. I would be ok with the atomic bomb thing, but what followed just seemed too much at once.

I don't think it negated the native Americans stuff at all. It just added to it... I think.... :dunno:lol

Back