Showtime- Twin Peaks (2016)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. This was easily the best episode and way more like the old stuff. Much less of Lynch's unnecessary bloated scenes and much more story.

This is definitely what I had hoped the season would have been.

So what on earth is Sarah Palmer?

Really enjoyed this episode with the pieces starting to come together.

So poor James just ended up as some security guard at the Great Northern whilst Bobby ended up as a cop.

Can't believe Dougie' s wife is actually Dianne's half sister, it's starting to connect now. So I guess Dianne never actually saw what Dougie looked like.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Spoilers for tonight's ep, obviously.

Spoiler Spoiler:

If there was ever an episode made of random out-takes, last night's was it. Every single scene would have worked better spliced into other episodes. Except the Audrey stuff - ALL of it should just be removed completely and binned.

There was no coherence. There were some good scenes, but they would have been so much better along with supporting material instead of being sequenced in a random mess.

Spoilers for tonight's ep, obviously.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Finally poor old Ed could be with Norma... poor bugger having to put up with Nadine all those years

This Dougie nonsense has gone on far, far, far too long. I don't think Coop is gonna wake up til episode 18.

Well, I was close.

Really damn good seeing Special Agent Dale Cooper appearing in Twin Peaks again. Sure wish it had been in episode 2 or 3 and not the penultimate episode.

I guess "The Return" was about Dale coming back....not the show coming back to the airwaves.

A lot of the weirdness makes sense, but there sure is a lot that's gonna be left unanswered. I'll read "Final Dossier" for sure but no way are they gonna be able to make all of it fit.

Seems fans' theories about Audrey's situation as well as who fathered her nasty kid were correct, or at least mostly correct.

I hope we see more of Green Glove guy. He wasn't in it this week.

And what about Red, the gangster played by Balthazar Getty who stole Shelley away from Bobby? He's been in what, two scenes? I thought he was gonna be more important.

And I'm assuming characters like Itchy Armpit Meth-head, Crying Meth-head on the Phone Lady, Charlene Yi screaming on the floor of Roadhouse, Michael Cera Brando, Amanda Sefried and her really weird looking meth-head boyfriend who may or may not have shot himself last weekend, etc etc etc are all throwaway characters that don't matter at all. Just there for the sake of weirdness? I don't know.

Remember when Sarah Palmer ripped her face off and a monster lived inside? Kinda would like to know the deal with that. Guessing it's related to the bug thing going into the girl in episode eight.

Sometimes an editor is a good thing.

The Mitchum Brothers have grown on me though....I like them now. I don't like the Fusco brothers though (the detectives.)

It all ends next week. I sure hope it's a really strong ending like the original series, but I fear it will be just as frustrating and maddening and be left wide open.

So far I've liked Episode Eight (Gotta Light?) for it's wall to wall, out and out, sheer Lynch insanity, and Episode 9 the week after that with all the Briggs stuff that seems like Frost was in charge.

My favorite hour by far was Episode 14 which was a perfect marriage of Frost's ideas and Lynch's style.

Episode 15 was pretty good for the Log Lady and Phillip Jeffries stuff, and this week's episode was good cause Dale Cooper finally woke the **** up.

And hey....Eddie Vedder finally showed up too!

My favorite music numbers were his and NIN's and the Chromatics in the first ep.

Really looking forward to seeing where this is all going. Seven days from now it'll either kinda make sense or we'll all be more frustrated than ever.

(Also looking forward to dedicated fans editing all the Gordon Cole/Albert vs the Woodsmen/Bad Coop stuff into a coherent story.)

You also forgot Ashley judds husband who shows up with her freaking at him and that's the last we ever see of him. Plus no explanation of the buzzing sound in his office.

The latest episode was pretty good. People calling it the best show on tv though are exaggerating a bit lol.

Great to see Cooper finally back and the reveal about Dianne was interesting too. Loved the Meechum brothers, they are just a lot of fun.

Audrey waking up in some white room, fan theories were correct about that one.

I'm gonna do a full rewatch of 1-16 before the last episodes air.

Not really looking forward to sitting through all that Dougie stuff again but I want to see it from the beginning and see if I missed anything the first time around.

I'm curious to see what gets tied up and/or connected in the last two hours. And if there isn't going to be another season, figure out approximately how long a proper edit of this season should be (6 hours? 10, 12?)

I agree that is likely. But how did she get from being in a coma to in the wood? :lol

I have no idea :lol

Maybe Dopplecoop put her there after he did his deed? Although I've started thinking differently since last weeks episode. Cause the same humming sound was heard in Coops hospital room and it led Bushnell out so Coop could awake and talk to Mike. So maybe it's not related to Audrey at all.

I'm going to officially retract a lot of the bad stuff I said before.

I started watching from the first episode again in a rapid succession rewatch to get ready for the finale.

I thought it would be more boring and tedious to get through (OK, the sweeping the floor scene was still stupid) but I'm on episode 11 now and it's been a much more enjoyable experience to watch this thing as a whole instead of in maddening little one week installments. If this was released all at once like a Netflix show I think it would have got a lot better reception.

Back