Show Your Entire Batman Collection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally picked up this guy today!

DSCF1888.jpg

Great figure! I love the Year One style costume. Now I need to find the Joker for a decent price...

DC Direct's best figure.

Still want one....

Yeah, although I really want the Joker too. Can't find him for a decent price anywhere :(

Still, I'm working on customs from the Matt Wagner Dark Moon Rising books and this Bats fits right in perfectly.

I'm working on some customs from classic Batman stories.
I'm doing the Dark Moon Rising villains first.
Evilface worked me up a couple of awesome stand decals and I've started work on the Mad Monk...

DSCF1879.jpg

Cant wait to see what you do here, I LOVE the dark moon rising series. You mind if i ask what other stories you're gonna focus on? Or would you rather not say? I think Prey would be interesting, with the night scourge. Plus there's the Hugo Strange link from Dark Moon Rising. And The Man Who Laughs is also a great design i think.
Anywho, cant wait to see what you come up with. :clap

Thanks. The plan is to do Hugo Strange after the Mad Monk. Then a Man Who laughs Joker and possibly a Red Hood. Considering a Catwoman too.

Easy to get carried away!!!
I'm just keeping my eye out for bargains on the DC Direct Joker and Catwoman (classic).

I loved Wagner's take on the classic stories.

Last edited:
Yeah me too, they're some of my favourite stories. Love all the early career stuff with batman, and matt wagner had a great little "remake" of some classic stories.

Thanks for all the comments!

Is this a pumkin you made just for halloween or is it ceramic?
It's one of those craft pumpkins from Michael's. I'm not sure what it's made of, but it was pretty easy to carve, and then I just used sandpaper to smooth the edges. I wanted something I could keep and re-use every year. It was just going to be a Halloween thing but TLH is probably my favorite Batman story, so when I got the figures I thought it'd be cool to leave it out.

any reason why you chose mad hatter and catwoman? really neat set up.
It's just the figures that DC Direct put out. They're all really cool--I would've liked to see a Series 2 set though. I've got the Dark Victory set coming and those include Gordon, Scarecrow, Penguin, and Robin.

oh that's right. I was mixing the dark victory into the long halloween. although that is a cool figure, it sucks thats the only madhatter figure remotely in the 6 inch scale.

That is all kinds of awesome!

On a slightly less exciting note, I finally found this guy for a decent price:
DSCF1937.jpg

This:

batman13inch.jpg

Or this:

batman_justice_alex_ross.jpg

to go with this:

jk.13inch.jpg

Modern Batman (first one) every time. It will match the style better and is just a great figure. The Alex Ross Justice one looks to me like he's sucking on a lemon!

Oh and if anyone knows where I can get that Joker for a decent price...
Been looking for ages!

Back