SDCC Exclusive options/wants

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who do you want to be a SDCC Exclusive this year?

• Total voters
Noob here as well. I don't get it. If I can buy the figure on the Sideshow website like any other figure, how is this a Comic Con exclusive? What does to have to do with Comic Con at all?

Adding: This was my first post. Yay me!

Last edited:
Noob here as well. I don't get it. If I can buy the figure on the Sideshow website like any other figure, how is this a Comic Con exclusive? What does to have to do with Comic Con at all?

Comic Con exclusives are figures made by Hot Toys that are featured at the big conventions first. You can buy them there physically at the Hot Toys booth, and then SSC, as the Hot Toys official distributor over here, gets a small stock for people who couldn't make the convention. They usually do a figure that they figure won't sell as well to a mass market release, so its made in smaller quantities and once they're gone, they're gone.

So if you have the fortune of attending either the big Asian convention of the SDCC/NYCC whichever one gets the figure first, you get one in hand, at the convention guaranteed. If you order one online, you've gotta be quick about it.

Comic Con exclusives are figures made by Hot Toys that are featured at the big conventions first. You can buy them there physically at the Hot Toys booth, and then SSC, as the Hot Toys official distributor over here, gets a small stock for people who couldn't make the convention. They usually do a figure that they figure won't sell as well to a mass market release, so its made in smaller quantities and once they're gone, they're gone.

So if you have the fortune of attending either the big Asian convention of the SDCC/NYCC whichever one gets the figure first, you get one in hand, at the convention guaranteed. If you order one online, you've gotta be quick about it.

Do they usually sell out fast? I know the Jim Gordon figure went pretty quickly, but the SDCC ex Captain America is still for sale, and it's been a while.

Do they usually sell out fast? I know the Jim Gordon figure went pretty quickly, but the SDCC ex Captain America is still for sale, and it's been a while.

My theory behind why Cap is still there is because we had a TFA Cap already, and the Avengers Cap was on its way. Rescue Cap is amazing, don't get me wrong, but Jim Gordon hadn't been done before, so thats why I think he sold out as fast as he did. (Also Rescue Cap was a $50 increase over TFA Cap price)

If we get another unmade character, say Ra's Al Ghul, or Robin Blake from the Nolan Batman films, then those will sell out within a day or two. But say we get Earth Clothing Thor, I would expect it to stick around longer than the other figures, just because we've had two Thor's already at saturation.

Last edited:

Well, hello there! :wave

and....

:welcome

why is golden age cap wanted? looks boring IMO
hottoysusocaumtb250ylk.jpg

It was supposed to be included with the Rescue version, but HT decided to break it off and make more money that way. I have no interest in it, just doesn't fit with anything else I have. Maybe if they made the entire set of the goofy *** 1940's heroes to go with it, but otherwise that costume is *****, and if it runs anywhere near $210, I'll laugh.

You think THAT is boring? The most wanted on that list Banner. A guy in a button up shirt and slacks. Of all 10 options on that list Banner is by far the most boring looking character and the most wanted. Who knows? :dunno

Last edited:
Even though this is a very small sample size, and of only members of this board, I find it telling that X-MEN AND SPIDERMAN characters are 2 of the 3 least wanted.

I wonder if thats based on popularity of the film or that specific character?

Even though this is a very small sample size, and of only members of this board, I find it telling that X-MEN AND SPIDERMAN characters are 2 of the 3 least wanted.

I think it's based on our biased group in this section of the board. It seems like a lot of the newer members in this section were brought here because of Iron Man and the Avengers, which might be why there is such a skew in that direction.

I get the appeal for diehard fans and completests...
But I find this figure to be an easy pass. No interest whatsoever.

I'd be happy for this to be the SDCC Ex.

Channing Tatum headsculpt lol

The headsculpt is the problem with this figure. I would think about getting it (I probably still wouldn't) if it had a second headsculpt with him smirking, something more like the film. I think in the film he had two faces: a nervous face and a smirking/smiling face, nothing like what we have here.

I think it's based on our biased group in this section of the board. It seems like a lot of the newer members in this section were brought here because of Iron Man and the Avengers, which might be why there is such a skew in that direction.

Possible. Quickly glancing at which members voted for which, there are plenty of long standing members who voted for Banner.

There is another poll about what figure you are most excited about. Here are the current result for that.

Spiderman 15%
Wolverine 13%
Hulk 72%

And same here. Plenty of long standing members voted for Hulk.

We've been going to SDCC for 5-6 years now, but 2012 SDCC was the first year that I was collecting Hot Toys figures. So I can only speak for 2012.

In 2012, the "SDCC Exclusives" went on sale online before SDCC (I don't remember how far in advance, I just remember that they revealed the figures one by one on their FB page). However, you could NOT pick up anything at SDCC. Even though we live in San Diego and attended the show, our Rescue Cap had to be shipped to us. So the only thing "exclusive" about the figures was that they went up for sale just before SDCC. And the fact that my "exclusive" Rescue Cap is still available through the SSC website almost a year later for the same price certainly doesn't make me feel like he's exclusive at all.

But I'm sure the owners of the Gordon figures don't feel that way because he sold out rather quickly. Still, he was readily available to everyone, not just show goers.

Would like it to be Blake, but have a feelings it's going be Batman Returns - Batman.

This...

And there is no point expecting X-Men & Spider-Man figures as far as HT goes because they've proven to generally ignore those licenses.

If they guranteed a whole line-up of figures you can bet there'd be alot of interest, they are afterall the most iconic & consitently popular franchises of Marvels.

But when there's little to no figures or expectation of figures to come there's no point in getting hungry for them. People expect Thanos, Antman and Winter Soldier figures even though HT haven't even announced the licenses for them, because they know HT are likely to make them. With Spider-Man and X-Men and any other marvel licenses people know that there's a 90% chance they won't get made

Would you want Banner if there were little to no other Avenger figures? Say just iron Man and Nick Fury set for release. Most wouldn't bother i think, but since he's the last of the team people want him to complete the team. The results of the poll show that people want figures to complete lines that are almost finished, it's a completionist thing. Easier to want the last of many than the first of none.

.Spiderman 15%
Wolverine 13%
Hulk 72%

And same here. Plenty of long standing members voted for Hulk.

Wolverine and Spidey have been done before. Hulk is brand spanking new.

Last edited:
Back