SDCC 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's dedication. This will be my first SDCC and I'm sure as hell not going to waist time in lines to see something I can see online 5 minutes after its shown.

If you could convince about 50,000 more people to think that way, that would be fantastic.

Different strokes for different folks but first of all, they don't show everything on the internet, especially footage. A couple of years ago we saw a good deal of footage of Lizard from ASM, and it was probably 7-8 months later that anyone got to even see what he looked like. We got to see the Age of Ultron promo last year, that wasn't shown again until the IM3 DVD came out.

Hall H is more than just sitting in a room, listening to people talk about movies. It's an experience. To watch the video of Tom Hiddleston's surprise appearance as Loki last year doesn't even begin to do justice to being in that room with 6,000 screaming people and to see him instantly silence the crowd with one finger.

We go to a lot of comic conventions. All of the other cons have artists, and toys. Not one other convention in the world has what you get in Hall H at SDCC. For us, SDCC is Hall H and then everything else. So we will be in there all day Thurs/Fri/Sat come hell or high water.

But that's just me.

I can see if of that's one of the main reason you are going but like in my case I want to see as much as possible and I'll probably need my sleep in between so camping out overnight in line just doesn't do it for me... and it sounds like even if I wanted to go to Hall H I wouldn't make it anyway so I won't worry about it. :)

I can see if of that's one of the main reason you are going but like in my case I want to see as much as possible and I'll probably need my sleep in between so camping out overnight in line just doesn't do it for me... and it sounds like even if I wanted to go to Hall H I wouldn't make it anyway so I won't worry about it. :)

It would be worth it to be in Hall H this year. The problem is you're going to have to give up Saturday. That will be the cost of doing business. I can assure you for me when I get in line at midnight I will get in the room just fine. Anything else is I think a little silly.

Oh and you can monitor this page to find out what the current list of exclusives looks like. Some of these things you can simply walk up and buy, others....not so much.

https://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/exclusives-2014/

Again, back to personal preference, three years ago I tried to get a $50 Hasbro exclusive, a pack of three figures. But to get a Hasbro exclusive, you first have to go all the way upstairs to get a ticket. I got there at 5am (and was probably 75th in line) and at 8am they came out and told us that half of their exclusives were already gone. So I ran down, got in the Hall H line at about 8:20, and never got into Hall H after waiting in line until about 3pm.

That exclusive basically cost me my whole Saturday. Won't be doing that again.

If you want an idea of how popular an exclusive might be, or how hard to get, just go on Ebay right now and see how much they're selling for. People will pre-sell them before SDCC. If they aren't able to get the item, they refund your $.

For example, there is a Jabba the Hutt 6" figure set that will sell for $65, it's currently going for $200+ on Ebay.

Nuts.

The exclusives and how much of a pain they are to get is nuts. I don't bother anymore unless it's what Weta is doing at this point.

If I were going I think the only exclusive I'd try to get would be the Shag '66 Batman print. I'm not even sure how it's going to be available to purchase but I saw one on eBay that said it was exclusive to SDCC. Sucks that this is yet another year I didn't get tickets.

Oh and you can monitor this page to find out what the current list of exclusives looks like. Some of these things you can simply walk up and buy, others....not so much.

https://crazy4comiccon.wordpress.com/exclusives-2014/

Again, back to personal preference, three years ago I tried to get a $50 Hasbro exclusive, a pack of three figures. But to get a Hasbro exclusive, you first have to go all the way upstairs to get a ticket. I got there at 5am (and was probably 75th in line) and at 8am they came out and told us that half of their exclusives were already gone. So I ran down, got in the Hall H line at about 8:20, and never got into Hall H after waiting in line until about 3pm.

That exclusive basically cost me my whole Saturday. Won't be doing that again.

If you want an idea of how popular an exclusive might be, or how hard to get, just go on Ebay right now and see how much they're selling for. People will pre-sell them before SDCC. If they aren't able to get the item, they refund your $.

For example, there is a Jabba the Hutt 6" figure set that will sell for $65, it's currently going for $200+ on Ebay.

Nuts.

^^^Agreed. I used to waste days trying to get exclusives, then I would go home and people would ask 'What did you see?' or 'See any actors?'..then I would pause and think of how much time I wasted in line for a toy.

No more...the last 3 years I have made it my mission to get into Hall H...which I have successfully. And the next few years with all those Mega Blockbuster movies it a super priority to go. Im just worry that I will eventually add Friday. I don't want to give up two days. But will see.

Yeah, I used to waste so much time tracking down exclusives for me and for others. It's why the last few years I help 1-2 close friends and even then it has to be something I can easily snag. The exclusives have just gotten to be too much of a problem. Assuming there is a Hobbit panel this will be only the third time I've done the Hall H thing. I've done ballroom 20 once and caught panels like our TORn panel or when SS had one in some of the other rooms. Since those are panels that really mean something to me. Mostly, I like to walk the con floor take pictures and talk with folks who I've made contacts with and become friends with over the years.

All my best posts are getting deleted. Anyways, wooooo Comic Con!
Can't wait to see all the exclusives.

Just ordered the Shag print. I gotta have it and I'd rather not have to pay after market prices. Thanks for the heads up!

Hi All!

I believe some folks were wondering about the annual Sideshow party at SDCC! I just wanted to confirm it will be happening on the normal night (Friday) during the con with more details to be posted soon!

-SideshowAlex

I am surprised it's never been moved to Saturday, when all the major panels are done, and Sunday really dosen't offer much.

All I know is, a couple of years ago I got in line at 8am and didn't get in. And it's going to be much crazier this year, especially if there is a Star Wars panel on Saturday. The way I look at it, if I'm going to get in line at 4am, I might as well get there at midnight. And if I'm going to get in line at midnight, I might as well get in line at 8pm, and so on. I'd rather not just be in the room, I'd rather be closer to the front.

That said, my plan as mentioned earlier was to get in line earlier, then wander over to the SSC party for a bit, then get back in line. It all depends on who I am in line with, and how willing they are to let me go for awhile.

I don't need to be at the SSC party for four hours or anything.

If there's a SW panel, you're better of getting in line as soon as the con closes that night, if you want a good seat (same could be said of AoU). Crazy as it may sound.

^^^Agreed. I used to waste days trying to get exclusives, then I would go home and people would ask 'What did you see?' or 'See any actors?'..then I would pause and think of how much time I wasted in line for a toy.

No more...the last 3 years I have made it my mission to get into Hall H...which I have successfully. And the next few years with all those Mega Blockbuster movies it a super priority to go. Im just worry that I will eventually add Friday. I don't want to give up two days. But will see.

20th Century Fox moved to Friday and has a 3 hour slot.

No Dr. Who this year, so Sunday has a chance to pick up something else really big too.

I don't really bother with exclusive stuff either. Most of it doesn't interest me. I mean, I might pick up one or two things like last year I got a Coulson Lives shirt and that was kind of cool. I also like to do cast signings for shows I like. That's always fun. But I have and will never deal with that hasbro/matty BS stuff.

If there's a SW panel, you're better of getting in line as soon as the con closes that night, if you want a good seat (same could be said of AoU). Crazy as it may sound.

I'm a SW fan, but not big enough to wait in line for hours. However, I'm a huge Marvel (and to a lesser extent DC) fan, and will happily wait a long time to get good seats for Saturday in HH. My current plan is to leave HH Friday afternoon/evening and head straight for the line for Saturday.

Back