SDCC 2011

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the best thing to do is, if you are wanting to go to a popular panel, sit thru the panel or two before it. Bring some snacks and drinks. Room is air conditioned, which is nice

Bring a sweatshirt or a jacket if you'll be there for awhile though. It gets cold in there!

There's a Ralph's a couple blocks from the convention center. Go there to load up on water and snacks. PB&J FTW!

:lol

Yeah id like to catch some movies, but being that its my first time at SDCC i kind of want to be able to just walk the floor, cant say when I'll do this again and I can always catch the movies once they release. We'll see I guess just playing it by ear.

My first year I hung out in the exhibit hall the whole time talking to artists. I was also spoiled that year because I got hooked up with an exhibitor badge.

I always drive in. It's only about a 6 hr drive (or less if you're lead footed) from Phoenix. Plus I don't have to pay extra for bags and I can get all the collectibles I can afford and fit them all in.

Well, I sat through the panels for 2012, Zombieland, Extract, and a couple others.

When I forced myself to sit through panels in the past I had some enjoyable experiences learning about new movies or shows I dont even know about. Thats cool thing about the Con...I go expecting one thing but learn about alot of other cool stuff in the process.

Bring a sweatshirt or a jacket if you'll be there for awhile though. It gets cold in there!

There's a Ralph's a couple blocks from the convention center. Go there to load up on water and snacks. PB&J FTW!

:lol

Yup that Ralph's is a good spot to load up. There are also free shuttles that depart every 15 minutes from the front of the convention center if you don't feel like walking.

:google

I don't know if I like anything enough to wait 4 or 5 hours for it.
The panels are worth it- that's why we do it! :lecture

But not every day. At least not me. Generally pick the day with the most panels I want to see and the other days do whatever else I want to do. And like others have written, sitting through the panels beforehand is very entertaining and often has huge surprises.

The panels are worth it- that's why we do it! :lecture.

I'm sure they are, especially if you're passing the time with some fellow Freaks. I went to most of the panels at Star Wars Celebration V by myself and it wasn't as fun. I'm sure I won't have that problem at SDCC. :lol

Announcement about the Freak Forum meet/greet will be posted this weekend. Many will be disappointed, some will be excited.

I'm sorry that it has to be so exclusive this year -but circumstances have forced us to make changes.

Dave

Announcement about the Freak Forum meet/greet will be posted this weekend. Many will be disappointed, some will be excited.

I'm sorry that it has to be so exclusive this year -but circumstances have forced us to make changes.

Dave

Why? What'd Bodie do now?

Back