IMCMPLX - God Complex 1/6 figure line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bangkok_wolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
E9zP_pVVEAogYk7.jpg

With the latest announcement of the figure "Anubis : Djed" from the series and no active thread found on it, I decided to create one dedicated to God Complex figures.

What is God Complex ?
A concept designed and created by Bryan Lie in 2011. God Complex started off as a design collection re-imagining the traditional gods of old and putting them in a contemporary setting and issues. It later became a premium figure line and American comic book series.

In 2018 God Complex went back into Bryan's personal intellectual property and is currently rebooted into his own journey of artistic exploration under the nom de plume, IMCMPLX
Source : About | God Complex
Creator IG : IMCMPLX (@bryanlieart) • Instagram photos and videos

Some of the newer releases at the date/time of this post
Screen Shot 2565-08-24 at 00.12.56.png

Screen Shot 2565-08-24 at 00.13.24.png

Screen Shot 2565-08-24 at 00.14.01.png

Screen Shot 2565-08-24 at 00.15.20.png

Anyone here collects them ? I have always been interested since the first figure announcement in 2011 (original "Hermes") but with the rarity and limited income I had, I though it would be better to just forget about it. So here I am 11 years later excited with my first PO.

Last edited:
I don't collect them, but I follow the art on Instagram. I really dig the style, and the figures do look pretty cool. I'd love it if there were an art book.

I don't collect them, but I follow the art on Instagram. I really dig the style, and the figures do look pretty cool. I'd love it if there were an art book.
I bet he have thought about it, you can reinforce the idea on his IG posts.

I remember reading the comic, which stopped abruptly. Where are these even available?
I just learnt that there were comics on it, hope I can find and read it online.
The figures can be PO from the creator site here >> IMCMPLX

I just learnt that there were comics on it, hope I can find and read it online.
The figures can be PO from the creator site here >> IMCMPLX
The comic's just 5 issues or so.

Thanks for the link. Too expensive for what they are, especially when I factor taxes and all that, but cool nontheless.

These were great figures. Had the first three I think, but I had to prioriize and sold them. They were reasonably priced at the time; a little more than 3A product, but a lot less re-use.

Was able to buy Inari : GYOUKOU about a month ago from local group, but wasn't able to unbox and play around with it until yesterday.
The stock body was not very sturdy (torso was pretty bad) so replaced it with an old HT truetype. Still pretty satisfied with the result and the purchase.

1007341.jpg

Was able to buy Inari : GYOUKOU about a month ago from local group, but wasn't able to unbox and play around with it until yesterday.
The stock body was not very sturdy (torso was pretty bad) so replaced it with an old HT truetype. Still pretty satisfied with the result and the purchase.

View attachment 635145
how is it compared to the original release?

how is it compared to the original release?
Hard to say as I do not (and didn't) own the original - so I can only say it is exactly what you would think of when it comes to custom/handmade figure.
  • Paint - not crisp as they are hand painted (head/helmet, hands, shoes).
  • Cloth/Fabric - Clean and well tailored (at least on the outer side).
  • Articulation / Body - HT TrueType knockoff but with different joints and pegs. Wrist pegs doesn't fit molded hands very well (either too tight or too loose).
  • Accessories - extremely limited 3 pairs of hands with sword and sheath (with no stand).
  • Shelf presence - Exceptional, as they are so different in design.
Same could be said for Anubis which I recently got.

Back