Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh! I didn't know that!

Yeah.I was suprised when they 1st came out.kind of a bummer if you ask me.The helmets have a socket inside of them where the ball on the neckpost fits into.With that,for example,the SDCC exclusive Han & Luke...you have to pop the head off & stick a helmet on to make the figures look as if they are wearing them.

I was about to put these on eBay as “one big lot of ape heads." Please note that 2 of them have been customized and that they have open mouths with teeth. Does anyone want all of these? If so, please send me a PM. Just make me a realistic offer and give yourself a big discount; I’m willing to get rid of them cheap. I also really want to sell them as a group.

I'd love to help out with those for sure! Don't know that I could offer much now though or what you might be looking for. :(

Regarding these ape heads for sale: For $25, I'll ship all of them for free. Is that fair? Anyone interested?

NOTE: Two of them have been modified and now have open mouths with teeth.

Last edited:
Hello all...

I need your help, I know this doesn't belong here, but we apes must stick together. I came across a 1/6th Lou Costello sculpt which I've been searching for years for. The sculptor, however, is not offering a Bud Abbott. Can anyone come up with a 1/6th sculpt that will pass for Abbott.

I know I-man and Angel are especially good at this type of thing with their early efforts to find a head sculpt that would pass for Pete and Alan.

Thanks in advance for any ideas you can come up with...

Sorry Jungle, I've long wanted to add Bud & Lou to my collection. I have one that fellows generic sculpts. Not bad. I am holding off on Lou though, until Bud is available too.

I know I-man and Angel are especially good at this type of thing with their early efforts to find a head sculpt that would pass for Pete and Alan.

Sorry, I have no idea where to locate a look alike for him Jungle. I thought for sure Ironman would have an answer for you.

In fact, give credit to Ironman for locating the "Burke and Virdon" look-a-likes. He really knows what he's looking for, and he supplied me all the details for "Virdon" while supplying me two actual "Burke" look a like heads. Thanks I-man. :D

Last edited:
I forgot to tell you guys that yesterday, at Target, I saw this cheap $5.00 stuffed animal that had the same hair as the Hot Toys apes, except that it was grey and not black...so that type of fake fur can be found...just where?

You can use real hair but you'd have to create plugs and hair them up that way...OR you could probably pull off all that fake fur on the Hot Toys, and then coat it with liquid latex, and then punch the hair. That would take forever, but I'm sure the results would be fabulous.

Hey guys! My first ever Mego-sized sculpt. Background chimp begins:
dsc01791k.jpg

Next to Dr. Zaius for sizing purposes:
dsc01795.jpg

OK...he's not perfect, but that gives him character:
dsc01798up.jpg

I found some hair for the gorilla costumes...going to need to sew up the spandex hoods so I can glue down the gorilla appliances...paint it...(thank goodness gorilla painting is easy I think!) and then hair it up. At least I finally have the hair now.

Last edited:
You can use real hair but you'd have to create plugs and hair them up that way...OR you could probably pull off all that fake fur on the Hot Toys, and then coat it with liquid latex, and then punch the hair. That would take forever, but I'm sure the results would be fabulous.

Ok thanks. Maybe I'm gonna try something with my Hasbro gorilla I already shaved. For the moment I'm not close enough with someone I could ask his hair for an ape.

Jessica, Wonderful sculpt. How will you smooth it down? You have come so very far! Your Bruce Lee sculpt was very cool too. :joy

Here is the General, very disgruntled that the wagon is still dirty. :monkey4
IMG_3489.jpg

Last edited:
Back