Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's another Mego scale chimp. I was attempting Cornelius...but since he doesn't look like him, he can be relegated to be another background chimp. I have about 8 more male chimp sculpts to go...and tons more gorillas and orangutans. I started him last night and finished him tonight.
Boy are you moving fast on these sculpts now. 24 hours turnaround? You'll have that amphitheatre filled in no time at all! :ccheerlea:ccheerlea:ccheerlea

I know, I was just bustin"
Jess are you going to make all new Mego outfits for all those apes as well?

Yes because I hate the Mego outfits. It's so not accurate.

Angel--I can't believe it's so fast to sculpt these apes...I should have started small to begin with. I was starting 1:6 until I can get better so that I can shrink them down--but that is an added expense of buying mold stuff, shrinking type casts...and luck. So...even though I have a ton of apes to do, I can crank one in about two days max...so it's not that crazy of an idea.

Yes because I hate the Mego outfits. It's so not accurate.

Angel--I can't believe it's so fast to sculpt these apes...I should have started small to begin with. I was starting 1:6 until I can get better so that I can shrink them down--but that is an added expense of buying mold stuff, shrinking type casts...and luck. So...even though I have a ton of apes to do, I can crank one in about two days max...so it's not that crazy of an idea.

Will you be trying any outfits in the 1:6 range?
So, you're not shrinking sculpts, but will these see life in 1:6 at all? Be a shame to not have them visit the real Planet of the Apes.

I have to breathe life into my Cornelius 1:6 sculpt...and I have to have the three orangutans at the tribunal...don't know about the other soldier apes. I look at the old sculpts and I think they're ugly.

All I know is that, once I get back on my feet, you and Angel better be ready to crank out those custom sculpts!! I may just stick with painting apes!! LOL
Redid a few of the hasbro versions. It covered the makeup effect they did on Zira, but both she and Cornelius need some detail. Attar looks better IMO. Orangutans still presenting some difficulty.

I have been thinking a lot about this rehairing...if I wasn't a fan of real hair, I would probably rehair the Hot Toys apes, simply because I don't really like their fuzzy hair...it's fussy and doesn't look natural...and when you comb it back it looks even more unnatural. I'm going to try punching hair in latex...just to see how it would look. What I will do is sculpt the head shape, cover it with latex and then punch in hair...start from the bottom and work my way up. I'm sure it's a crazy idea but I'd like to see it done...once the hair is done, pop on the Hot Toys face and see how it looks.

Any shots of the HT Gorillas driving Angel's wagon forthcoming? :naughty

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3508_2.jpg

Now that is what I'm talking about!!! :monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

Any word on those four remaining cards in the Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes? I'm itching to complete the set. :eek:

Any word on those four remaining cards in the Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes? I'm itching to complete the set. :eek:

No word yet. When is the next big con? I know Dragoncon was Labor Day weekend, but I don't think any new cards were announced for that event.

Complete? I'm hoping I'll be able to score the first 5 somewhere down the line. :banghead

Well, I have a couple of extra singles of Dr. Milo, Chief Marcus and Stewart you are welcome to.

I was only able to snag a complete set of cards and Landon dog tags for my son and I. My son wears his dog tags to school with him every day. :D

Speaking of trading cards, do any of you collect the original POTA trading cards? I have a few doubles on hand and do not have a complete set. I'd love to swap off some of my doubles with someone else here who has some doubles.

Well, I have a couple of extra singles of Dr. Milo, Chief Marcus and Stewart you are welcome to.

There you go Ironman...

Jessica will probably be the 1st to hear about this considering she bought hers in that package deal. Be sure to clue us in Jessica when you do hear something about the new Conspiracy cards.

All I know is that, once I get back on my feet, you and Angel better be ready to crank out those custom sculpts!! I may just stick with painting apes!! LOL

I think I'm about sculpted out Ironman. Did you know the only four ape heads that I really look forward to making someday might be: a better version of Julius, perhaps a better version of Virgil, Aldo, and the TV version of Dr. Zaius. After that, I think I may be really done.

Back