Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you end up making simple molds and casts of those....or did you go all out and resculpt each freaking one????

I custom made all 3 of the square glyphs on his coat. Once those were hardened, I just pressed them into some clay and carefully removed them. There you have it, simple molds.

Eeep....gotta run and pick up some yarn from my girlfriend's house. I promised to make booties to be donated to the knitting group I used to belong to...then I have to run errands and buy earthquake supplies for my 3 kids...hopefully swing by the fabric shop if I have time...and if they're still open, I have to buy wefts of hair for the gorilla costumes for my Planet of the APes fans in the house.)

Ta-ta for now. :peace

This is exciting to hear Ironman. I'm really glad you're getting so involved with everything. Keep it going! :angelsmil

KFog - Where are you?

Hi Angel!:angelsmil Hey, could you get me a close up of the conquest apes armbands? I noticed that when looking at them sideways, that they were more of a symbol, than an X. I plan to make a tool and do it this way! I thought that yours was fine though! I plan on making the symbol thinner and the "l" part more curved toward the side of the circle. I have sent my own pictures, but need a couple from you because they are better. The closest one pictured on film is on Lisa, right before McDonald takes caesar from the control room when Breck is trying to track him down. Much appreciated and Thanks, Kent.

Sticks - Check out this gorilla grodd head that is being used over at OSW. This one is mine and he's not quite done yet. He’s pretty neat. He's got really scary teeth, but he's not what we all grew up loving as kids.

Nice Angel, I love those teeth. He looks very vicious.

Shompdog, that is the scene I was going for.
Poor Taylor. :rip

Hi Angel!:angelsmil Hey, could you get me a close up of the conquest apes armbands? I noticed that when looking at them sideways, that they were more of a symbol, than an X. I plan to make a tool and do it this way! I thought that yours was fine though! I plan on making the symbol thinner and the "l" part more curved toward the side of the circle. I have sent my own pictures, but need a couple from you because they are better. The closest one pictured on film is on Lisa, right before McDonald takes caesar from the control room when Breck is trying to track him down. Much appreciated and Thanks, Kent.

Here you go KFog - It looked more like the letters "DC" than an "X" to me.

Nice Angel, I love those teeth. He looks very vicious.

Scary :mummy

Last edited:
Thanks, he's definitely unique. (Thanks to Aly over at OSW for sharing.)

What do you think of the glyphs so far? Use your imagination…

To my eye... I think your glyphs look a tad too thick, otherwise they are spectacular!

I like the gorilla in the background waiting for his turn in Angels beauty parlor. Looks like Bugs has another manicure customer as soon as the "Canned Monster's" nails are dry...

Thanks JJ,

Of course they’re too thick now. While making them, I had always planned on sanding them down on the front and backside. In fact, all of the symbols are actually pretty coarse in texture right now, but they'll all be much smoother after some sanding. They won’t ever be as thin as I’d really like. I'll tell you, having the President of the Assembly will be very cool to me. The entire Tribunal revolves around this guy!

Sticks - Check out this gorilla grodd head that is being used over at OSW. This one is mine and he's not quite done yet. He’s pretty neat. He's got really scary teeth, but he's not what we all grew up loving as kids.

Hey Angel! How about the Gorilla depicted on one of the curtis POTA magazines that looks like this sculpt?

:D

Thanks JJ,

Of course they’re too thick now. While making them, I had always planned on sanding them down on the front and backside. In fact, all of the symbols are actually pretty coarse in texture right now, but they'll all be much smoother after some sanding. They won’t ever be as thin as I’d really like. I'll tell you, having the President of the Assembly will be very cool to me. The entire Tribunal revolves around this guy!

I think that they look fantastic!:monkey5:monkey5:monkey5

That is a great job of hairing Grodd up into a 70's style ape!!
What do you think of the glyphs so far? Use your imagination…

The glyphs look fantastic! He will certainly be an ape to envy!

I was about to put these on eBay as “one big lot of ape heads." Please note that 2 of them have been customized and that they have open mouths with teeth. Does anyone want all of these? If so, please send me a PM. Just make me a realistic offer and give yourself a big discount; I’m willing to get rid of them cheap. I also really want to sell them as a group.

Edited: For $25, I'll ship all of them to you for free. Is that fair?

Last edited:
I bought a Bionicles...it had 4 ball joints in there for sale...$6.00. I want to try it out with something...not sure. Maybe Link? Don't know...the neck is exposed so I have to think about it.

That's funny Jess...I bought myself a bionicle set today as well to tinker with.I saw the $6 sets but opted for a larger $10 one due to amount of pieces..55 total I think.Of those 55 there was about 12 ball joints total that could be used.Granted that some pieces are larger & will need to be cut down.I'll donate the leftover pieces to my nephews' lego pile.

I don't get it either. Maybe he modified it but he didn't show how flexible the modified figure now is.

I clearly understood the human soldier that we all looked at a couple days ago. That joint allowed him to look straight up and/or was really great for a human sniper looking into the scope of rifle.

This one confuses me. I don't see any advantage. :confused:

I was merely pointing out how the guy utilized a piece of bionicle to mount a head onto a stormtrooper body not so much as to add to the articulation.....Since bionicle lego has been brought up a time or two lately.
As far as significance(& advantage)the sideshow stormtroopers do not have a headsculpt beneath their helmets.

Last edited:
Back