Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VERY NICE PHOTO, Sticks!!!!

The Bruce Lee was not my sculpt, just my paints...but who knows? Maybe someday I'll be that good!!

I'm going to smooth down the sculpt and clean it up with a brush and some alcohol.

Thanks guys.

TCM I just tucked his hair in.

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3508_2.jpg

Last edited:
Stickman - I like the blur of the gorilla in the background. It adds a certain something to these pictures. I'm partial to the very last one, that's his coolest stance.

I have to stop making these custom-made gorilla heads. I currently have 3 heads now with no bodies and no gorilla clothes.:slap

I’m on the hunt for some Sideshow gorillas. I know it's hard to part with these items, but if anyone is up for some trading, please send me a PM. :angelsmil

Now that would have been a cool idea!!

They don't care. The argument would be if full figures didn't sell well, why would accessory sets?
Strangely, I don't see any of the people who are able to "score" the SS free stuff, getting any POTA items, but I did see some that got Indy. Guess the apes sold better overall than someof the other lines that got all the hoopla!

Here is a picture of a potential Lou Costello even though they say that He passes for a John Goodman!:confused:

It reads as follows. Figure: NYPD Beat Cop (21st Century Toys)
Lookalike: John Goodman (Actor; Raising Arizona, The Big Lebowski, Fallen)
Probability: High. A figure so politically incorrect that its quantities were limited to 2000.

Here is the link! https://www.famousfigures.com/celebs/celeb9.html

Hi JJ! I just realized that you were looking for a Bud Abbott! You should still check out the lookalike link that I just posted. I would also post a close up pic of him here.:D

Thanks for the try, Kfog... I tried that website and it was of no help. I did find this figure which was as close as I could get.

I still don't think it is useable.

Here's another Mego scale chimp. I was attempting Cornelius...but since he doesn't look like him, he can be relegated to be another background chimp. I have about 8 more male chimp sculpts to go...and tons more gorillas and orangutans. I started him last night and finished him tonight.

dsc01806f.jpg

Last edited:
I wish I could help you JJ.
Nice job as always Jessica.

The General made an unexpected inspection of Ironman's gorilla unit outside Ape City tonight!
IMG_3476.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

This Gorilla, whose name shall remain anonymous was caught having a smoke while on watch. He even went as far as to say, "We haven't heard from Ironman in weeks." :naughty:lol

Kfog, yeah that 21st Century beat cop was supposed to be John Goodman, not Costello. That other Costello sculpt has the most potential thus far.

Jungle, that sculpt, while not 100% accurate to Bud could pass if outfitted properly and with a good repaint. I'd still wait for a real one.

Sticks, nice shots. I really like the smoke effect. However, nothing unexpected happens in my garrison. :monkey5

Back