Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:woo I scored a FREE Sideshow gift card today from Boba Fett right here on the Freaks Board! I picked up three much needed Sideshow stands for my custom figures! I'm so happy! :)

Sticks - Great photos!

IMG_3313.jpg

I was wondering when you were going to start shooting the Hot Toys Apes... now I got my new wallpaper for my computer. :naughty

I love your stuff... you are quite the photographer. :D

:woo I scored a FREE Sideshow gift card today from Boba Fett right here on the Freaks Board! I picked up three much needed Sideshow stands for my custom figures! I'm so happy! :)

Was it a gift card from SDCC?

I just wanted to let you guys know that I got a few gift cards again from SDCC. If it looks like I'm not going to use them I'll offer them up to my Ape brethren sometime soon in the future... but way before they expire, which will be at the end of the year.

It has been some slim pickings in the gift card eligibility list. :banghead:banghead:banghead

Was it a gift card from SDCC?

PZ - I only know that it was a gift card for $15 and it really helped me out.

BTW - I’ve been working on the President of the Assembly today. I’ve made a pattern for his respected robe. Maybe if I get this garment finished, I’ll actually want to paint the Tribunal’s furnishings.

Last edited:
Angel I need to find my notes for the President's hieroglyphics. I was going to photograph them and show them to you to make sure they were accurate...but you know how I get so easily distracted. I remember that the patterns were repeated throughout.

Have you decided on how to create the hieroglyphs? I was thinking of hammering down the hieroglyph patterns on wet leather. I know of someone that has the ability to add the details with a laser on leather...but it wasn't as high of a relief as I want. Perhaps I should contact the guy again and ask for a sample...and then I will wet the leather and hammer it down and see if that creates the effect I want...I am sure I would have to go back and paint over the leather to get everything to be the same color.

PZ - I only know that it was a gift card for $15 and it helped me out!

If the code that you entered starts with "CC9-SDCC" then it is from Comic Con. Considering that it was for $15, it probably wasn't because gift cards handed out at the Con started at $20.

The reason I ask this is because you can't use two gift cards from the same event. So if you had used a SDCC card for your stand purchase, you couldn't use mine. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

If the code that you entered starts with "CC9-SDCC" then it is from Comic Con. Considering that it was for $15, it probably wasn't because gift cards handed out at the Con started at $20.

The reason I ask this is because you can't use two gift cards from the same event. So if you had used a SDCC card for your stand purchase, you couldn't use mine. :monkey2 :monkey2:monkey2

Boba Fett hooked me up with 14A-O897A-M7276UGQ for those stands I needed.

Angel, I am so embarassed to see your pattern for El Presidente. Mine would totally suck and I wouldn't use a ruler. One of my favorite scenes from the movie is when the camera pans up to see the three orangutans looking down from the top of the stadium.

Angel I need to find my notes for the President's hieroglyphics. I was going to photograph them and show them to you to make sure they were accurate...but you know how I get so easily distracted. I remember that the patterns were repeated throughout.

I hope you can locate your notes Jess. I'd like to take a peak at them. You're right, they do repeat throughout. In fact, there's the shoulder glyph piece, glyph #1 - 8 each are needed, glyph #2 - 4 each are needed, and glyph #3 [which is a "mirror image" of glyph #2] 4 each are needed.

Have you decided on how to create the hieroglyphs?
Thin plastic, like a credit card. I'm going to hand sculpt the artwork on them using Apoxie Sculpt or Super Sculpey. The good news is: I only have to create 4 glyphs. I'll just make a mold of the others that are needed. :)

Angel, I am so embarassed to see your pattern for El Presidente. Mine would totally suck and I wouldn't use a ruler. One of my favorite scenes from the movie is when the camera pans up to see the three orangutans looking down from the top of the stadium.

Maybe your pattern would suck, but we all know your final product would kick ass!

I'm watching POTA right now. The astronauts are jumping out of the Icarus into dead lake and swimming the life raft. After seeing enaud's raft, I can't believe someone hasn't made that bugger yet. I think it'll be fun and easy.

I hope you can locate your notes Jess. I'd like to take a peak at them. You're right, they do repeat throughout. In fact, there's the shoulder glyph piece, glyph #1 - 8 each are needed, glyph #2 - 4 each are needed, and glyph #3 [which is a "mirror image" of glyph #2] 4 each are needed.

Thin plastic, like a credit card. I'm going to hand sculpt the artwork on them using Apoxie Sculpt or Super Sculpey. The good news is: I only have to create 4 glyphs. I'll just make a mold of the others that are needed. :)

WOW! I just thought of another freaking fantastic idea! I'm going to use balsa wood to cut out the squares...slap super sculpey on the squares...and then create a negative (dent in the hieroglyphs!! using my clay sculpting tools that has a ball on one end)....and then bake....and then....here's the cool part!! I can stamp out the hieroglyphs (dust the negatives first with talcum powder for easy release) with a fresh batch of super sculpey!! Thank you for your idea, Angel!!! This has always stumped me...but I think this is how I'm going to do it!

:banana:banana:banana

Now you're catching on! :D I'm not making an expensive mold either.

Mold making stuff is expensive...

But the thing that stumped me was creating the raised hieroglyph...I didn't want to sculpt that down (it's what I did for the shield, and boy that sucked a lot of time!!)...and then trying to figure out a way to make the hieroglyph pattern in clay with a uniform thickness...but I'll try a test patch tonight and see if it works. :maul

I really love my new head sculpt from Ada! The tone and facial expression are great. $35.00 total including sculpt, painted, and shipped. :D

Back