Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. Hey PZ, I agree. I love that shot as a screen saver.

Angel did you make molds form your tribunal scene? I can't wait till you get that painted. I'm itching to revisit Ape City, but I want to make it more practical and compact-able then last time. Any suggestions? I was think more in the lines of fly walls, maybe of a Front house.

IM, I know your good at this, where can I find those old stills Angel posted on this thread of Ape City. Those were great reference shots. Cheers Angel, and Jessica for all those wonderful shots.

But the thing that stumped me was creating the raised hieroglyph...I didn't want to sculpt that down (it's what I did for the shield, and boy that sucked a lot of time!!)...and then trying to figure out a way to make the hieroglyph pattern in clay with a uniform thickness...but I'll try a test patch tonight and see if it works. :maul

Jessica - That's why I'm using the "credit card plastic" for uniformity of thickness and + strength.

I really love my new head sculpt from Ada! The tone and facial expression are great. $35.00 total including sculpt, painted, and shipped. :D

Kfog - Wow! Wow! Wow! Ada did a GREAT job alright on Brent! I'm tempted to buy one, but Brent just isn't a priority in my little piggy bank.

Angel did you make molds form your tribunal scene?

There's no reason to make any molds for the Tribunal scene.

I really love my new head sculpt from Ada! The tone and facial expression are great. $35.00 total including sculpt, painted, and shipped. :D

One suggestion KFog - "Dirty up" Brent's body with some paints. Use a dry brush method to kill the shine of his plastic body and to closer resemble the color of his facial flesh. It doesn't have to be exact.

Last edited:
One suggestion KFog - "Dirty up" Brent's body with some paints. Use a dry brush method to kill the shine of his plastic body and to closer resemble the color of his fave. It doesn't have to be exact.

Or extra fine sandpaper.

Sticks, I have these photos for you:

apesvillage3.jpg

apetown.jpg

city01a.jpg

city02.jpg

city03.jpg

city04.jpg

city05.jpg

city06.jpg

city07.jpg

city08.jpg

Ahh, Yes thank you Jessica. I want to make just an outdoor scene, maybe include a door, window, and flower bed.

Angel, how much do those chairs you made weigh?

I'd say the chair's about a pound.
The scene with the gorillas on horseback always reminds me of what the Magnificent Seven would be with a simian cast. I want to try it with the Ht's once I find enough steeds.

Back