Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking that you could sculpt it Jessica. I merely fake it. You're the real sculptor here!

Should I start my Lawgiver over from scratch or finish him up? That is what I am pondering at the moment....

I say pick a project - any project and just finish it. What is the last project you completed in full?

I was thinking that you could sculpt it Jessica. I merely fake it. You're the real sculptor here!

I say pick a project - any project and just finish it. What is the last project you completed in full?

Gee...I can't remember! I've got that Bruce Lee head finally painted, but it's part of another batch of heads and I can't send it out yet...:duh

:horror:horror:horror

Well, at least I got Snick's Taylor blanket out to him before my trip to Kenya. :banana

And tonight I'm going to work on Kfog's Taylor blanket and mail it out if I remember to bring it with me to the office. I found the material last night while looking for material to use for Link. :duh

And I have to start on my kid's costumes. Yikes. I better buy the hair today while on my lunchbreak.

How sad! I tried to upload Dave B's photoshopped picture of me to my bank so that I could design my own credit card...and they denied it. Boo hoo. I'm going to see if I have any fun pictures of just me in ape gear and see if that makes it. Stupid stuffed shirts at the bank denying my upload.

Ironman, I was wondering...are there any other girls that post over at OSW?

Last edited:
Angel, I was wondering if I would ever use this image I found...and now I find it appropriate since you are going to be working on your Lady Liberty!!

3667741653_8960ec3c49.jpg

How sad! I tried to upload Dave B's photoshopped picture of me to my bank so that I could design my own credit card...and they denied it. Boo hoo. I'm going to see if I have any fun pictures of just me in ape gear and see if that makes it. Stupid stuffed shirts at the bank denying my upload.

Ironman, I was wondering...are there any other girls that post over at OSW?

Good question. And now thinking about it I can't recall any off the top of my head. But that doesn't mean that behind a cool screen name isn't a ^^^^^in' lady!!

Jess, the general's helmet is going precisely nowhere-to busy with other projects, and still working out the details.You know how it goes...PS

I finished Kfog's Taylor blanket!! Whoot!! Kfog, when you receive it, you will probably have to add more wrinkles--it depends on how you want it on your figure---but I did add grunge with brown spray paint. It washed out with a flash, so I was rushing to take the photo with whatever light was left.

dsc01718t.jpg

Ironman/Jessica - Referring to Alyasha. Aren't those Gorilla Grodd heads normally really tiny? He must have enlarged the faces somehow. What do you guys think?

I have never seen these except when it was just mentioned by Ironman. Never knew they existed--plus they weren't POTA so I never took notice. But I do love what they add to the ape universe!! :banana

I finished Kfog's Taylor blanket!! Whoot!! Kfog, when you receive it, you will probably have to add more wrinkles--it depends on how you want it on your figure---but I did add grunge with brown spray paint. It washed out with a flash, so I was rushing to take the photo with whatever light was left.

dsc01718t.jpg

Hi Jess! The blanket looks great! Thankyou very much! I will PM you again with my address. You da bomb, Kent.
:peace

Finally got a little time to check in. Wow Jess your sculpts have come so far! Great job, and nice job on the Taylor smock.

Here is a quick pic of my Gorilla soldier giving watch over the room. I really like the HT gorillas, did I say that already?:rolleyes:

IMG_3227.jpg

I never got to take my lights out, I got distracted and had to abandon everything. :(

IMG_3226.jpg

This is Gorilla II, his Mane is still wild.

Sticks, I still think that a trim would be best for the gorillas...I would prefer to see their hair not so smoothed down like that...I want to see it layered, a little bit wild but not overly long.

I got to work on the shield for my Link. That was a lot of fun. Maybe tomorrow I can finish it up and then start up on his sword. I better remember to print photos for reference while I'm at the slavemines.

Your second picture makes me laugh. That's how I look when I get pissed.

Ironman/Jessica - Referring to Alyasha. Aren't those Gorilla Grodd heads normally really tiny? He must have enlarged the faces somehow. What do you guys think?

No, its not enlarged. The DC series of figures they come from are in the 6" scale range, but Grodd is an oversized character so his head isn't too far off. As you can see, the "mane" would still need to be customized though.

What do you think it would take......

to get Mike Ploog or Bob Larkin to do a bit a Ape Art for us? Think it would be possible? Would you be "in" for it?

Re: What do you think it would take......

to get Mike Ploog or Bob Larkin to do a bit a Ape Art for us? Think it would be possible? Would you be "in" for it?

I'm out. The type of ape art I love looks like the ones they used for the most recent apes trading cards. Drawings of screenshots. Not very imaginative, huh? But that's what I love.

Back