Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aw...I have to finish up my market scene one of these days!!

Look at how bad my first attempts at sculpting are. Woof woof.
IMG_4993.jpg

Aw...I have to finish up my market scene one of these days!!

Look at how bad my first attempts at sculpting are. Woof woof.
IMG_4993.jpg

The muzzle is the only thing that needs fixing. Crack that part off and make a new one. Or you could sand off his lips, fill his mouth with apoxie and then create a new mouth and lips.

Angel, I'd say very sturdy. It's tough to support things when it's wet and when you're going against gravity. When I re-do ape city it's what I plan to use. :)

I want to give ape city a raw look. I was using this as a kind of reference picture. I would just slop the edges a little.

homestove.jpg

I have these huge sheets of Foam Core 1/4 or 1/2" thick and and I want to make a fly wall to take some pictures. If you look at this stove and imagine the ove door as the front door of an ape's house, using the rest of the foam core to act as the house after it gets textured and shaped. Does that make sense?

I can cut holes for windows and add depth with flower beds, etc.

Last edited:
OMG Sticks! I want that for my Zira and Cornelius!!

Angel you have to sign into your yuku account. Aren't you a member of the Forum of the APes? The thread you want is located in the Dr. Zaius Headquarters, found stickied on top, title is "Behind the Scenes Shots" or something like that.

I think so...I think soon after he starts getting pelted with rubber rocks....

That shot was never used in the finished film. That part of the escape along with shots of Taylor in the water were left on the cutting room floor.

Angel, I'd say very sturdy. It's tough to support things when it's wet and when you're going against gravity. When I re-do ape city it's what I plan to use. :)

I want to give ape city a raw look. I was using this as a kind of reference picture. I would just slop the edges a little.

homestove.jpg

Very cool picture. Jessica just found her dream home! :woo

Again, I plan on using the paper mache for the robe of Lady Liberty, just to bulk it up. Once it dries, I plan on putting Bondo over it for a tougher outer shell.

How did you make it Stickman? Was it flour, water and newspaper? Anything else? What ratio would I use? Any helpful hints? Do I have to wait to apply extra thick layers just to allow for drying? I'm only guessing here, I've never done paper mache.

homestove.jpg

I have these huge sheets of Foam Core 1/4 or 1/2" thick and and I want to make a fly wall to take some pictures. If you look at this stove and imagine the ove door as the front door of an ape's house, using the rest of the foam core to act as the house after it gets textured and shaped. Does that make sense?

I LOVE IT!!

OMG Sticks! I want that for my Zira and Cornelius!!

Angel you have to sign into your yuku account. Aren't you a member of the Forum of the APes? The thread you want is located in the Dr. Zaius Headquarters, found stickied on top, title is "Behind the Scenes Shots" or something like that.

Jessica - I had to apply for membership. I guess I have to wait for a admin person to clear me. What is so important that I need top secret clearance at that Forum?

homestove.jpg

It makes sense to me Stickman! When are you going to start this project?

Angel,

Just like pancake batter, so don't eat it.

2 parts flour, 1 part water.

If you use newspaper, pre soak it. That should help. But not too much. You don't want the paper to turn to mush while you're working it.

It makes sense to me Stickman! When are you going to start this project?

Excellent. Just as soon as I get comfortable with the set up.

So I can go either 4' high x 3' long... :horror Or

4' long x 3' high..... :)

It's 1/2" thick and is very tough to cut through. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of putting the door Center and a couple of tree planters or flower bed on the right. The second story window will be off center on the left side. I will hopefully make this part have the bubbled out effect.

Last edited:
Did you use newspaper on Ape City? If I use newspaper, how long does one pre-soak it for? Are you talking about one quick dunk so that it's completely wet?

No, not on ape city, I had a secret ingredient. :naughty

I didn't think color mattered so I figured you would be using newspaper. Whatever paper you use make sure it's wet but not soggy. If the paper is too dry the mache won't bond or adhere. You'll do fine.

Last edited:
Excellent. Just as soon as I get comfortable with the set up.

So I can go either 4' high x 3' long... :horror Or

4' long x 3' high..... :)

It's 1/2" thick and is very tough to cut through. Any suggestions?

I'm thinking of putting the door Center and a couple of tree planters or flower bed on the right. The second story window will be off center on the left side. I will hopefully make this part have the bubbled out effect.

Did you say it’s rigid foam? I would think you should use something like this keyhole saw.

Last edited:
Back