Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Ape stuff... here are a few of my most recent acquisitions....

DSCN3382 (2).jpg
DSCN3384 (2).jpg
DSCN3391 (2).jpg
DSCN3388 (2).jpg
DSCN3393 (2).jpg

Although these figurines are not for everyone, I LOVE them! Looking to add Zira soon.

Hells yes!

Given Mezco's frustratingly long production time, plus the fact that they don't really stick with licenses beyond one or two figures, what would they Launch with? Cornelius? Zaius? It would be an Apes line after all.... Quite selfishly, if they were to do it, I'd want them to Launch with Taylor. They're fantastic at likenesses, and if the line imploded we could still use him with the NECA line.

Congratulations PZ, how tall are they? I see that they are selling out at most places. Maybe some day I will be able to add them to my collection. I recently broke down and bought both Wave 1 & 2 of Super7's POTA classic line, and was able to purchase a Medicom 17 figure lot for a good price. Still need Astro Cornelius & milo, Lawgiver, and Aldo to complete the set.

If Mezco did visit the classic POTA universe with 1:12 options would any of you consider purchasing astronauts Burke or Virdon if likeness rights aren't given for Taylor, or Brent? I do have THE Warriors 4 pack on pre-order and wonder if Mezco would offer 3 Packs for POTA. The 3 orangutans in PZ's sig would work well as an offering. Zira, Cornelius, and Milo for the chimps. Patrolman, Hunter, and Soldier for Gorillas. Ursus, Urko, and Aldo for Generals. Jason, Nova, and Alex from the original comics? Also, any Mutants would be fun. Your thoughts?

Congratulations PZ, how tall are they? I see that they are selling out at most places. Maybe some day I will be able to add them to my collection. I recently broke down and bought both Wave 1 & 2 of Super7's POTA classic line, and was able to purchase a Medicom 17 figure lot for a good price. Still need Astro Cornelius & milo, Lawgiver, and Aldo to complete the set.

If Mezco did visit the classic POTA universe with 1:12 options would any of you consider purchasing astronauts Burke or Virdon if likeness rights aren't given for Taylor, or Brent? I do have THE Warriors 4 pack on pre-order and wonder if Mezco would offer 3 Packs for POTA. The 3 orangutans in PZ's sig would work well as an offering. Zira, Cornelius, and Milo for the chimps. Patrolman, Hunter, and Soldier for Gorillas. Ursus, Urko, and Aldo for Generals. Jason, Nova, and Alex from the original comics? Also, any Mutants would be fun. Your thoughts?

3Packs is an interesting idea. I’d rather they stick with just the first two movies.
So instead of Milo with Zira & Cornelius, I’d rather they did Lucius.
Taylor, Dodge & Landon (astronauts)
Taylor (tattered blanket), Brent & Nova (animal skins)
Julius, Hunt Leader, & Soldier
President of the Assembly, Zaius & Honorius
Minister, Maximus & Dr. Galen
General Ursus, and 2 different Soldiers
Mendez, Albina, & “N” (Don Pedro Colley) - Mutants
Random Male Chimp, Female Chimp & Chimp Child

The WETA Zaius and Cornelius Mini Epics are 6" tall. I'm hoping to add Zira soon to my collection.

I'm seriously tempted to get that WETA Ursus statue as well.

And as for any Mezco figures, like NECA before, I'd buy anything they would offer. But I think chances are pretty slim, unfortunately.

Nice to see you posting new pics, Sticks!

I see you purchased Scotty... are you keeping up with all of the QmX Trek releases?

Did the Enterprise crew use the slingshot effect to travel to future Earth...? Very cool.

HAHA, Thanks.

Nice to see you posting new pics, Sticks!

I see you purchased Scotty... are you keeping up with all of the QmX Trek releases?

Here is my current QMX line up. IMG_0337.jpg

I'm on the fence regarding Sulu, Uhura is a must buy for me.

Great pic, it reminds me of the Star Trek/PotA comics The Primate Directive.
That was a great crossover.

Speaking of crossovers my gorillas went crazy the other day when I shot Scotty.
IMG_0268.jpg

Also I was playing with some filters.

IMG_0203 copy.jpg

I wrote to Mezco and asked if they would ever consider doing a 1:12 Classic POTA line and they responded with "Anything is possible!"
Would anyone else be interested in POTA figures in 1:12 with real type clothing?
Hell yeah!! Any Mezco POTA's would be a day 1 pre-order with multiples, for sure!! Wish Mezco would give it a try.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Is that a custom Burke or a Mego?

Hi Sabastiane, it is a Mego Burke.

Hell yeah!! Any Mezco POTA's would be a day 1 pre-order with multiples, for sure!! Wish Mezco would give it a try.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I have my fingers crossed. They would look amazing riding the new 1:12 horses some companies are making.

Here's a small glimps of my ape population.

POTAcollectionIMG_0325 copy.jpg

Looks like the mega popular One:12 Collective figure series by Mezco is gonna drip it's toe in the original Planet of the Apes film franchise.

zaius.jpg

zaius2.jpg

This is TOTALLY unexpected! I thought that NECA was going to be the last word on any high quality figures from those films.

Pictures found on figures.com website.

Very cool. Thankfully, i have the Mego-style Taylor, so this will be welcome. Hopefully it isn’t going to be nothing but Apes, and they do more than just one or two figures.

Back