Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty bummed HT isn't doing anything (well, yet) for the 50th anniversary. I'm openly campaigning them to do more with every shot I post! Love these figures!

The-Lawgiver-1200.jpg

Profile-in-power-1000.jpg

In case anyone's interested. Super 7's ReAction 3.75" Planet of the Apes figures were shown at NYTF. MonstersinMotion and BBTS have the first wave of six figures up for PO. I'm not really into this size figure, but I does make me wonder what would have happened to the NECA line if their first wave would have included these same characters. I know I would have been more inclined to get involved had it included Taylor and Nova. Oh well... guess we'll never know.

Wow, I'm not really into this scale either, but I will bite because it's the classic Apes line. I love how many figures are in the works. Neca's handling of the license still frustrates me, so I won't go there.

Pretty bummed HT isn't doing anything (well, yet) for the 50th anniversary. I'm openly campaigning them to do more with every shot I post! Love these figures!

View attachment 402406

View attachment 402407

beautiful pictures Comatoast.

Here's my current opened POTA Figures. I would love for HT's to revisit the line. I feel that they have come a long way on their sculpts since doing the gorillas.

26cfb2bcdd3c2ab297358625a3b9d2cd.jpg

IMG_1828.jpg

I wonder if Phicen would ever do a Nova.

a897ca872525e93b8b133e7060e81f3b.jpg

Last edited:
On the fence about these ReAction figures... not sure if I'm buy them or not. I dig the packaging though.

Although, for the next wave, I think it's funny that they made the Lawgiver statue posable!

On the fence about these ReAction figures... not sure if I'm buy them or not. I dig the packaging though.

Although, for the next wave, I think it's funny that they made the Lawgiver statue posable!

Oddly, the packaging may be the only reason I might get these. Aside from the fairly poor illustration of Charlton Heston, all the others look pretty good.

Well, I flew down to California this weekend to attend Monsterpalooza. The Making Apes documentary had a table and a panel at the event. I wanted to meet both Lou Wagner (Lucius from the first film) and to watch his transformation to Old Lucius at the hands of original Planet of the Apes makeup artist Tom Burman. It was a dream come true! I stood there for nearly three hours watching the process.

IMG_6708.jpg

Afterward he signed autographs in the makeup. Both my son and I had him sign our carded Medicom Lucius figures.

IMG_6725.jpg

That moment even got posted on the Making Apes Facebook page.

IMG_6790.jpg

It was a GREAT weekend that I'll never forget.

IMG_6723[1].jpg

Great times! Did you happen to take any pics of Lou without the make-up? I remember him appearing on Lost in Space as a non chimp and wonder how he has aged.

Ooops! I was so taken by the transformation that I never did take a BEFORE picture. However, if you Google Lou Wagner Monsterpalooza you can see pics of his appearance last year.

Thanks Proto! I just did... He still has a full head of hair. I guess he was wearing a bald cap for the make-up demo.

Wish I still had a full head of hair.

And he still sounds the same. I told him that he had one of my favorite lines in the film was one of his. I started saying "Dr. Zaius this is inexcusable... why must knowledge stand still..." And he finished the line "What about the future?" in the Ape makeup.

It gave me chills.

I've recently bought a Sideshow 12" Astronaut Taylor figure from the Planet of the Apes series and need some information about the contents.

The pistol that comes with the figure has a hole in the grip, which I assume should have a magazine. Am I correct and is there a picture available of what it should look like?

Thanks in advance.

I've recently bought a Sideshow 12" Astronaut Taylor figure from the Planet of the Apes series and need some information about the contents.

The pistol that comes with the figure has a hole in the grip, which I assume should have a magazine. Am I correct and is there a picture available of what it should look like?

Thanks in advance.
Mines in storage at the moment, but from what I can remember, yes it should have a magazine. I remember it was very loose and a little bugger for falling out.

I'll never understand why Sideshows version had the bearded Taylor as the super rare limited edition, and the clean shaven one as the regular release.. Hasbro knew that bearded was the default look... both sizes Hasbro made had the face fungus.

And Sideshow NEVER made the Taylor everyone wanted... a bearded Taylor in primitive clothing. The way he looked for the majority of the movie! You had to kit bash two of their offerings to obtain the look.

I always wondered if their planned Taylor PF sported that look. We will never know.

It has been announced that WETA Workshop is the next company to take a shot at making Planet of the Apes merchandise.

IMG_7154.JPG

Looks like the first planned offerings are going to be unveiled at SDCC this summer!

IMG_7152.JPG

IMG_7153.JPG

Well my fellow Ape brethren... is this exciting news?

I've also started a thread about this subject in the Statues Forum section of the Freak Board.

Back