Save the Planet of the Apes!!! - PIX ADDED!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8343.jpg
8344.jpg
8347.jpg
8352.jpg

Looks like they are teasing us with a possible Zira (maybe Corneiius) figure! Not sure which... leaning toward Zira.

And they've added a couple more accessories as well.

With those two heads, I'm considering buying two... is that crazy or what?

Might as well buy 2 if you want to support this one, I know there's some big fans but this will probably be a quieter release. The whole package looks pretty good. I love that they included so many hands since he's so unique.

Looks like Cornelius from that profile. As much as I don’t like this scale, I’ll support the line. Hopefully they do right by us fans, and not stop at just one or two figures.

I PO'd this immediately! It looks GREAT. Hope to see Cornelius go up too and let's hope the line gets enough support for more. Zira! Ursus! Gorilla Soldiers!
At this scale it would be cool to see some gorillas on horseback too.

Since the thread is wonderfully active again.... I'd like to take advantage of the community spirit if I may....
In order to not go stir crazy while social distancing, I'm spending some time building a diorama. I've looked absolutely everywhere, and I can't find a printable picture of the 'Beneath' ape army flag. (The purple one with the inverted B and Z on it). If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be eternally greatful!

Since the thread is wonderfully active again.... I'd like to take advantage of the community spirit if I may....
In order to not go stir crazy while social distancing, I'm spending some time building a diorama. I've looked absolutely everywhere, and I can't find a printable picture of the 'Beneath' ape army flag. (The purple one with the inverted B and Z on it). If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be eternally greatful!

Would it be possible just to re-create it in Photoshop using modified letters? (That actually almost seems easier to me, as I couldn't find any scans or images either.)

Would it be possible just to re-create it in Photoshop using modified letters? (That actually almost seems easier to me, as I couldn't find any scans or images either.)

That’s what I would suggest, as well. I did multiple searches and couldn’t find anything no matter what I searched for. Perhaps, you could find one of the comic books and see if they have drawings of it.

s737619424575262359_p349_i7_w600.jpeg

This is the best picture I could find of that flag... certainly not a printable image.

Looks like Cornelius from that profile. As much as I don?t like this scale, I?ll support the line. Hopefully they do right by us fans, and not stop at just one or two figures.

I thought that too... the muzzle is too big to be a female muzzle but it looks like it has no hair under the chin like Zira. Also from the picture of the back, the head of hair is oval shaped which doesn't incorporate Zira's sweeping curl in the back.

8347 (2).jpg

But the costume does not appear to be a male chimp tunic. The leather area in front that displays the Ape glyph is square to match Zira's costume. ANd the sleeves look to be tapering down like Zira's costume. Cornelius's tunic has tailored sleeves.

8344 (2).jpg

All that I can surmise that in their haste to take the Zaius pictures, they used a Cornelius head on a Zira body. Does that mean we are getting both of them? Perhaps in a two pack?

Thanks all for your responses! And I think you're right, I'll try to recreate the flag myself. When it's done, I'll happily post it in here, so that anyone else who wants it can use it...

Thanks all for your responses! And I think you're right, I'll try to recreate the flag myself. When it's done, I'll happily post it in here, so that anyone else who wants it can use it...

That would be cool. I’m sure we’d all appreciate that — particularly if Mezco follows through on this line.

A Cornelius/Zira 2-pack would be awesome.

Not for me:rotfl that would cost WAAAYYY to much since I only would want Cornelius. I love POTA, grew up with the movies and TV shows when I was a kid. Got all the Neca figures and this line is exciting, but expensive. For me, I would only get one figure to represent the line. Ultimately I hope that it would be Ursus or Aldo, but if the line only lasted to Cornelius, I would get him.

I do find it a little odd Mezco would start the One:12 line with Dr. Zaius.

I figure it is because if they started out with Cornelius, many people would just get him and stop there. With doing Zaius first (and seeing how beautiful he is) it gets people more hooked into buying more because if they buy Zaius, they have somewhat committed themselves to getting more of the line to be completists. I could be wrong though:lol:lol

Not for me:rotfl that would cost WAAAYYY to much since I only would want Cornelius. I love POTA, grew up with the movies and TV shows when I was a kid. Got all the Neca figures and this line is exciting, but expensive. For me, I would only get one figure to represent the line. Ultimately I hope that it would be Ursus or Aldo, but if the line only lasted to Cornelius, I would get him.

True, it is expensive. But why would you only want Cornelius? Cornelius without Zira is like peanut butter without jelly, Bud without Lou, Leon without Mathilde ... you get the idea.

Back