ROBOTECH Adaptation Set Up at Warner Bros

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I hope in this case the place the emphasis on the right characters, all these movies are an effort to capture the a part of the billion or more dollars that Transformers made. Despite them being some of the worst acted movies.

Robotech is made up to 3 separate Anime so the could make 3 separate movies from it linking it to one big saga.

Kill the singing and the whole confusing proto culture thing and you can develop a great movie with transforming mecha galore.

When you hear some of them ***** about silly things that don't affect anything, it does make you wish rape upon their childhoods.

Oh and death threats. Extra rape for the death threaters.

I loved this show too. :cool:

Chances are, we're better off sticking with the cartoon box set. :lol

When they decide to murder Battle Of The Planets next.. then I'll be mad.

Well I am not going to knock it until I see it but I think the studio will considering making something decent out of considering the movie will be heavy in CG.

They will undoubtably screw this up. I don't understand why Hollywood just can't leave stuff like this alone. Yes, they will rape my childhood, just like they did with that crap GI Joe movie. It really makes me sick. If anybody should make an adaptation, it should be from its own homeland (Japan). Look what Hollywood did to Godzilla. Now they're going after Akira and Robotech/Macross?

Big fan of Macross. If they somehow make a kick-*** movie adaption - :yess: If it looks like it a steaming pile of crap:slap - won't see it. Pretty simple.:dunno

Either way I've got the Macross Saga on DVD to fall back on.

They will undoubtably screw this up. I don't understand why Hollywood just can't leave stuff like this alone. Yes, they will rape my childhood, just like they did with that crap GI Joe movie. It really makes me sick. If anybody should make an adaptation, it should be from its own homeland (Japan). Look what Hollywood did to Godzilla. Now they're going after Akira and Robotech/Macross?

The fact they are using Robotech as the starting point instead of Macross means it's already screwed up.

For those who don't know Robotech used footage from The Super Dimension Fortress Macross and some stuff cut in from two other series - Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and Genesis Climber MOSPEADA. It's heavily recut and re-written from it's Macross source.

This is a bit like someone creating a TV series called Star Battles from a mashup of footage from Star Trek, Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica, and it's all dubbed over and new stories are being told. I always try to get Robotech fans to go watch the real shows.

Harmony Gold own Robotech and are the US rights holders of SDF Macross. They only have those rights within the US. If WB wants to release this overseas (and if they drop $150m you can be certain they do) they can't use any designs from the original show.

If WB wants to do the US a favor they could buy out Harmony Gold and allow the free import of 30+ years of cool toys and spin off videos to finally reach the US.

They are using Robotech because they want the a bigger source material if the break it up in to 3 movies then they can use the different anime as sequels.

I still don't understand the whole licensing thing the bigwest , tatsunoko , harmony gold love triangle, but something needs to give the mechanize potential could huge.

I just hope by the don't go with the Shadow chronicles version and in fact its a remake of the original macross saga.

I honestly don't mind a remake. Robotech has been out of relevance for a long time, so a reboot sounds like a good idea.

You're not going to get classic Macross designs in the new Robotech film. WB wouldn't be able to distribute the film outside the US if they violate international copyright. Harmony Gold and Robotech only have rights to use Macross properties within the United States. There will need to be a lot of re-inventing to make this film legal to distribute overseas.

Any merchandise from this film is going to be something new.

Back