Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread - SPOILERS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Robert Rodriguez's PREDATORS Movie Thread

Yes, i agree.. no need to spoil for everyone who does not want to read the script..

Re: the new predators movie!

I've read the script and I think it's quite good actually.

Some parts of it are pretty cheesy, but I like the characters and the story.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I would rate it 8 out of 10.

Thats actually what i was hoping for,
Spoiler Spoiler:

Re: the new predators movie!

Well those 3 super black predators should probably be an experiment gone wrong by some scientist preds or something.
then they probably are dumped on that jungle planet.

But i've read the script.
the
Spoiler Spoiler:

I don't know if i have to find this cool or bad.. i guess bad i mean.. Predator is my favourite movie.. Well what i would find cool
Spoiler Spoiler:
:D:D

Yeah, seriously...that was a totally asshat move to post that info here.

THINK before you post spoiler info dumbass. :rolleyes:

asshat.jpg

Well heres hoping thats not a final script or else that ^^^^ing stupid tool just spoiled it for me.

Nice work

Rodriguez already spoiled it for all of us by coming up with this piece of ???? script. What? Predators aren't badass enough? We need super black Preds? Gay!

And I had heard about the Arnold ending, and that is also GAY!

"You killed all my friends and war buddies, and then I killed you. I think I'll join up with your race now and command a ship." Der....

Rodriguez already spoiled it for all of us by coming up with this piece of ???? script. What? Predators aren't badass enough? We need super black Preds? Gay!

And I had heard about the Arnold ending, and that is also GAY!

"You killed all my friends and war buddies, and then I killed you. I think I'll join up with your race now and command a ship." Der....

What he said......So far I dont like anything about this movie, even
though nothing is officially set in stone I can pic a S^^T movie
a mile away.
Unfortunately this is going to be another AVP-R= Epic failer and let down. Just my 2 cents.:D

As an Alien fan...I can't wait for this one.

It's gonna be a great movie. :joy

It's about time they fooked up the Preds like they have the Alien in the last few movies. :rotfl

Last edited:
As an Alien fan...I can't wait for this one.

It's about time they fooked up the Preds like they have the Alien in the last few movies. :rotfl

As bad-ass the Preds are suppose to be they always die in the end. WTF?? Black Predators...and Arnold coming out???

Perhaps this new film will follow in the tradition of "Abbot and Costello meet Frankenstein" and "Godzilla's Revenge".... a whole new way to look at your favorite monsters.

:D

At this point, prequels and remakes should be left alone.
All they can do is hurt the classics. Same goes for my thoughts on the Alien prequel. The mystery is one of the main aspects that draws people in. I would have preferred a Predator movie that takes place in the IRAQ war or something. Seeing the troops kicking butt (and vice verse), and Predators dying from IEDs would be all sorts of cool.

Same goes for ALIEN 0.0. The discovery of the ALIEN home world as a sequel seems more intriguing. All they can do now is mess things up with prequels.

2c:blah

I'd say 80-90% of remakes DO NOT surpass the original.

I remeber when I was a kid i read a Predator comic that totally blew my mind. I don't remember the title, but i vividly recall the plot. It starred 2 Predators ... a Evil Predator and a Good/Policeman Predator. The evil Predator was very similar to the Predator from Predator 2. It took place in a city, and the Evil Predator was making serious mess, killing anyone who seemed to be a worthy challenge (very similar to Predator 2). The Predator Elders on the home planet found out what was going on so they sent a "Good/Policeman" Predator to stop the Evil-doing Predator. I remeber it being a captivating orignal story with great battle. it was a completely different Predator story because this time, we have yet to see a new dimension of the Predators and their world...a "Good" and "Bad" Predator fighting each other. A type of justice system for the Predators...not just mindless killers that roam the universe in search of a worth adversary/trophy. (I love when sequels develop the existing plot...like in AVP-R where the Predator sees what's going on earth, he gets his gear, jumps in the ship and OFF TO SAVE THE DAY ! ! !) I would love to see this idea turned into a Full-Feature, big-budget film. If done correctly...it would be a home run.

I no longer own the comic,it was destroyed by my younger brother (kid was a terror)...if anyone recalls this story, please shoot me some details.

:)

Why can't they make the movie just involving Predators or with very little human interaction???

Why can't they make the movie just involving Predators or with very little human interaction???

Because then you'd have to have them having dialogue and speaking English and other languages, or subtitles. The humans are in these stories to give viewers something to follow along, it's a plot device, what makes the recent entries into the Alien and Predator fanchises weak is that the people are treated as just that and aren't developed into anyone you care about. Ripley and the marines were written so you'd care about what happens to them, Dutch and his men were done so you'd care about them. What weakens the sequels is that from A3 and P2 through to AVPR, the humans are presented less and less like someone worth caring about and the less you give a damn about the people who occupy 80% of the screen time, the worse the movie's going to feel. You watch the AVP's and you don't root for anyone, you just wait for everyone to get killed and see more action, but the action and death scenes are such small elements to the overall film.

Because then you'd have to have them having dialogue and speaking English and other languages, or subtitles. The humans are in these stories to give viewers something to follow along, it's a plot device, what makes the recent entries into the Alien and Predator fanchises weak is that the people are treated as just that and aren't developed into anyone you care about. Ripley and the marines were written so you'd care about what happens to them, Dutch and his men were done so you'd care about them. What weakens the sequels is that from A3 and P2 through to AVPR, the humans are presented less and less like someone worth caring about and the less you give a damn about the people who occupy 80% of the screen time, the worse the movie's going to feel. You watch the AVP's and you don't root for anyone, you just wait for everyone to get killed and see more action, but the action and death scenes are such small elements to the overall film.

You make great points until you included PREDATOR 2 in the "humans are presented less and less like someone worth caring about and the less you give a damn about the people"

I was truly saddened when Bill Paxton's character was killed in the subway. His character was very similar to his HUDSON role in aliens...a character fans could relate to. His comic relief was priceless ... goofy pick-up lines, one-liners and overal screen presence and charisma made it tough for me to watch meet his doom...which was much worse in P2 than ALIENS.

A3-AVP-R I completley agree. The characters were food for the beasts...nothing more nothing less ... but Bill Paxton's character was different...he was a typical guy that went to work did his job, and fun while doing it.

attachment.php

Funny piece of trivia... BILL PAXTON & LANCE HENDRIKSEN are the only actors that have been assaulted On-Screen by an ALIEN, PREDATOR & TERMINATOR...(my 3 favotire sci-fi monsters)

Well, I list P2 because there was a mix of people you care about and ones you really didn't, I feel like you really invest in pretty much everyone in P1, Alien and Aliens, but in P2, Harrigan and his team you do, but the drug guys, which were weird and worthless, were expendable but got a fair share of screen time, and no one in Keyes' team was worth saving and they occupied a bit too, it was better than A3 and AVPs, but still, I think it was a start to the trend.

Fans speak up about wanting more of the creatures, but unfortunately these filmmakers take that too literal and pour all the effort into wild footage of the creatures and pour little into the humans thinking no one will care, but you kind of have to. The most bizarre is AVPR where they actually mimicked many scenes from the original films just with new people and creatures, that was the most bizarre, they worked in the other films because they were first, no one wants them repeated. McG even did a bit of it in Terminator Salvation.

sounds like Bad Blood.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator:_Bad_Blood

because that's a terrible idea.

bad Blood, that's it.

being we're talking about characters in Predator 2 ... here are PRICELESS clips of gary Buset. These clips can be found on the Predator 2 DVD in the special features.

VERY FUNNY STUFF....fast forward to:

2:16-3:10 - talk about getting into character
3:19 - 3:40 - the smile kills me everytime
4:28 - END
- it's really an onion...not an oreo LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/BF63d5SubYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/BF63d5SubYU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back