Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just DON'T preorder it on Ebay.
Use Kghobby, Onesixthkit or Giantoy instead. These are very reliable companies.
Oh yes, most definitely won't be pre ordering of eBay any more. Not saying that a lot of the sellers are deceptive but they most definitely lack so me communication skills. Especially when something is in or out of stock.

Hi. Sorry for late reply. I can’t enter this forum for the last few days.

I bought this figure stand on eBay. It’s really cool!

I used “Hot toys Kerberos panzer cop” head and modified body. :)

View attachment 527941View attachment 527942

I adjusted the lens a little. I feel little improved.

21FD2645-E7CE-4BE9-A61B-C2948C83C409.jpeg

One of my biggest issues with superhero, or videogame movies is miscast. Often times, I am even forgiving on changing some storyline, such as in a comicbook where it may be a good read, but translating it to movie wont be as exciting.
So as long as the core of the characters are there, I'm good. But the casting has to be spot on.
Like I can look at that actor and say, yup, that's Leon.

Leon is my favorite character in Resident Evil, and I this director doesnt get it.
He can be a good actor, but if you cant see the character, it aint gonna work.

I was ok with the previous Resident Evil movie, because I just look at it as an extension of the videogame.
But the biggest pitch for this new Resident Evil is that its gonna be more like the videogames.

I was watching info on youtube about this new movie and apparently, the studio making this is the exact same people responsible for the previous Resident Evil movies.
I guess they know they can only squeeze so much out of the Alice storyline, so now they are rebooting it, per se, but only so that they can make more of the same Resident Evil movie, just not following the Alice Arch, and with all new casting. Sigh.

No way am I gonna see this in the theater.

I've seen Crawl with Kaya (Claire) and thought she did pretty good in that movie. Even looks a lot like Claire. Robbie Amell as Chris, yeah sure, I can see that work. Same for Lily Gao as Ada. But Avan Jogia as Leon? Nope, just nope. Hannah as Jill, I'm not so sure...it could work. But she seems like an odd choice for Jill. Is Jill going to have a British accent now? lol
Would be interesting to see what would happen if the Vicious Brothers (Grave Encounters) got a shot at RE though. :unsure:

Last edited:
I've seen Crawl with Kaya (Claire) and thought she did pretty good in that movie. Even looks a lot like Claire. Robbie Amell as Chris, yeah sure, I can see that work. Same for Lily Gao as Ada. But Avan Jogia as Leon? Nope, just nope. Hannah as Jill, I'm not so sure...it could work. But she seems like an odd choice for Jill. Is Jill going to have a British accent now? lol
Would be interesting to see what would happen if the Vicious Brothers (Grave Encounters) got a shot at RE though. :unsure:
can't they just use deepfake technology to alter the actors face so they look closer to source?

btw how people find the casting for Cowboy Bebop lol.

To be completely honest this doesn't look bad in my opinion what is really going to sell me is the first trailer that comes out maybe even the second and it should be soon seeing as this movie is releasing at the end of November I'm a huge fan of the games and want to see what they can offer us with this, even if some characters don't look identical to the in game character models which isn't a problem to me. We will just have to wait and see

I've been wondering if there's a way to fade teh color on clothing by putting it under UV light for extended periods of time. I think the Ekuaz hunk's webgear is nearly perfect, but I wonder if I could fade the olive drab to be more yellow if I stuck it under a heat lamp or something.

I've been wondering if there's a way to fade teh color on clothing by putting it under UV light for extended periods of time. I think the Ekuaz hunk's webgear is nearly perfect, but I wonder if I could fade the olive drab to be more yellow if I stuck it under a heat lamp or something.
you could use foodgrade hydroperoxide 5% gel based people use to bleach their hair. rub it on and observe the fade and wash it off when satisfied. when you overdo it just touch up with some dye or paint.

UV or sunlight may deteriorate the materials, even if they are fabric i have seen them deteriorate under display.

I think other mediums, like books, film remakes, etc, you could argue that an actor or actress will sell the role, even though they don't 100% look like the character they're made to be or dressed like them. Weird example, but I totally get Anne Rice being mad about Tom Cruise playing Lestat when he was originally cast, because on paper he doesn't seem to work. But he did such a good job in playing a role of a hedonistic vampire that he became that character, it didn't really matter his description isn't quite like the character in the book, because the movie defines the 'look' if the actor impresses with the role. But for video games I think this doesn't work because they're a strong visual medium that the players spend a lot of time with. We spend hours with and as the characters, most of the time just looking at their back. What characters look like and how they're dressed is like 90% of the time we spend with them, and what makes them familiar to us. So if you give me something else, but write the character such that I want to connect with them, it won't be Resident Evil still, just something else which is RE like...

I'm also a little disappointed to see the argument that movies are better at creating '3d' characters, which isn't true. With video games we again get a lot of time to spend with the characters, players connect with them, just in a different way. When we play Leon/Claire running away from the tyrant, we connect with them in a different way to just watching it passively on TV. The fact that movies have historically made what is considered 'deeper' and more realistic characters is probably more due to the ages and production styles between the mediums, not anything inherent between them.

Also it's Resident Evil, not some deep thought provoking game. It's fun, it's creepy and it's action based. I almost don't really care if the characters are '3d' if they don't feel like resident evil characters. I want to see the characters the games have endeared me to on the big screen. For RE, I want the ultimate giant cosplay that could only be achieved with Hollywood level $$$. Instead we get some cheap go between, that feels like poor cosplay that can't be assed to really get it right.

I look forward to more people who grew up with video games making films/TV in the future, because it's apparent that people currently employed in these fields just still don't get it and can't translate it.

I think other mediums, like books, film remakes, etc, you could argue that an actor or actress will sell the role, even though they don't 100% look like the character they're made to be or dressed like them. Weird example, but I totally get Anne Rice being mad about Tom Cruise playing Lestat when he was originally cast, because on paper he doesn't seem to work. But he did such a good job in playing a role of a hedonistic vampire that he became that character, it didn't really matter his description isn't quite like the character in the book, because the movie defines the 'look' if the actor impresses with the role. But for video games I think this doesn't work because they're a strong visual medium that the players spend a lot of time with. We spend hours with and as the characters, most of the time just looking at their back. What characters look like and how they're dressed is like 90% of the time we spend with them, and what makes them familiar to us. So if you give me something else, but write the character such that I want to connect with them, it won't be Resident Evil still, just something else which is RE like...

I'm also a little disappointed to see the argument that movies are better at creating '3d' characters, which isn't true. With video games we again get a lot of time to spend with the characters, players connect with them, just in a different way. When we play Leon/Claire running away from the tyrant, we connect with them in a different way to just watching it passively on TV. The fact that movies have historically made what is considered 'deeper' and more realistic characters is probably more due to the ages and production styles between the mediums, not anything inherent between them.

Also it's Resident Evil, not some deep thought provoking game. It's fun, it's creepy and it's action based. I almost don't really care if the characters are '3d' if they don't feel like resident evil characters. I want to see the characters the games have endeared me to on the big screen. For RE, I want the ultimate giant cosplay that could only be achieved with Hollywood level $$$. Instead we get some cheap go between, that feels like poor cosplay that can't be assed to really get it right.

I look forward to more people who grew up with video games making films/TV in the future, because it's apparent that people currently employed in these fields just still don't get it and can't translate it.
Yeah I totally understand that and agree with you I'm still intrigued and a little excited to see what's to come from this movie hopefully they get everything else right

Back