Resident Evil Customs Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The thing is, the director took just one aspect into account and going with it. True, you can have someone look the part and not act the part, so
he just rather get someone who can act even thought he doesnt look the part.

But what about just really looking hard in finding someone who can really look the part, and also nail that role? I'm sure there are dozens of people out there who are struggling to get a the part, but just never got the chance.

I really dont have a lot of confidence right now in this movie.
Hoping I'm wrong when we see the trailer.
But the fact that its supposed to be released Nov, and they're just now showing first images of the film, I feel like this is just another extention of the previous Resident Evil movies, and not the Resident Evil game.

Those movie screen shots are atrocious. Horrible casting for Leon and Jill.... I mean damn lol. Wesker doesn't look much like Wesker but he sure the hell makes a better Wesker than the actor they got for the Netflix Series.....

Yeah, I usually buy and watch EVERYTHING Resident Evil but this just looks awful. I'll never watch the Netflix series but I might stream this movie for ***** and giggles but I will not give it a cent of my money.

WTF is Brad doing at the mansion and where the hell is Barry? Looks so cheap. I will say the actor playing Chris makes a decent Chris visually and the actress playing Claire doesn't make a great Claire but passable.

Resident Evil 2 remake was so good, it felt like a movie, so i don't need this ****.

Eh....

Attachments

• R.a02ca3b93eecbfa135accbc605c69467.gif
    R.a02ca3b93eecbfa135accbc605c69467.gif
    1.3 MB · Views: 83
You know, I agree with many of the comments here about the movie. Videogame adaptions have always been difficult for the movie industry to get a real handle on. Either way-underfunded, or the funding they do get is used ineffectively, or bad costumes, bad set design, lighting, bad editing, directing choices....etc, etc. In the end, fans are left disappointed and underwhelmed. And it can affect us as collectors, because if it doesn't do well, collectible companies can think that because the movie doesn't do well, the whole franchise 'might' be tainted, so then they stop releasing product.
I know this movie includes both RE1 and RE2, but what movie credits music do you think they'll go with? Moonlight Sonata from RE1 when opening the piano-activated secret door, or some Anderson-esc rock music? With these adaptions I know what I would what and what I'm likely to get.
The world of RE is a painful, decaying, dimly-lit struggle to survive on little ammo. I hope one day we'll have a director and production company that has the vision to do it the justice it deserves.

I'm not too concerned if the costumes don't look exact. Jill's costume in RE1 looks more Japanese than US Rescue/Police to me, so put them in more real-world uniforms. But get cast that look and act somewhat like the videogame equivalents. Get Javier Bodet in a Resident Evil movie as Lisa Trevor who can pull off the characteristics of the character. Once you lose the connection you've lost the illusion.

In the meantime...maybe HBO's Last of Us may break the mold.

Last edited:
The thing is, the director took just one aspect into account and going with it. True, you can have someone look the part and not act the part, so

But what about just really looking hard in finding someone who can really look the part, and also nail that role? I'm sure there are dozens of people out there who are struggling to get a the part, but just never got the chance.

But the fact that its supposed to be released Nov, and they're just now showing first images of the film, I feel like this is just another extention of the previous Resident Evil movies, and not the Resident Evil game.
This issue is they didn't even try. Leon's Actor could've been clean shaved and had his hair dyed. Wesker's actor could've grown his hair out, thrown on glasses and had some light makeup to again get the blonde look, they didn't even do the bare minimum. The current screenshots look like that crappy doom movie that came out recently, there's no way it'll be good.

They will then blame how poorly it did on biggoted fans, or say that "people jsut don't want video game movies" or at least ones that are "close ot the game" as far as out of touch executives are concerned. Then they write the movie off on their taxes and make money anyway. It's a lose lose for everybody but the hollywood types, nothing more to it.

Reading the article tells me everything I need to know about this movie and I'm tired of people saying video game characters being adapted to live action don't need to resemble their iconic designs, what makes a character iconic isn't just how they act, but how they look and dress as well.

Those stills from the movie look worse than actual cosplayers, extremely low effort production and costume design, all these recent live adaptions of games seem like they're trying to make a quick buck riding the successful wave of video games in the past years without actually knowing what makes said video games successful and why they're beloved by many, hopefully these money hungry suits can realize once and for all that video game adaptions just don't work when this and other movies such as Uncharted tank.

I also have no big hopes for the Ghost of Tsushima movie or the Last of Us TV show, those games are perfect to me, and they're basically already cinematic expiriences on their own with the added interaction with the actual medium, these movies will never capture what the player feels exploring these world and stories as these characters in my opinion.

I hope that isn't true. This could be on e of those things where it sucks hard ass or a surprise hit. I think the casting of Leon is weird to. Dude is the most iconic RE protag and you make him look pretty much unrecognizable. I don't care that the guy isn't white but atleast give him blonde hair and shave the beard. Hollywood seems to be idiots when it comes to Video game adaptions.

Sonic the hedgehog is the ONLY video game movie to say we ****** up and changed it the great design we got and that movie made bank. There is nothing wrong with characters looking how they should.

or they could have just hired the people who actually did the characters for the game. since they both have the look and acts like the characters.

I hope that isn't true. This could be on e of those things where it sucks hard ass or a surprise hit. I think the casting of Leon is weird to. Dude is the most iconic RE protag and you make him look pretty much unrecognizable. I don't care that the guy isn't white but atleast give him blonde hair and shave the beard. Hollywood seems to be idiots when it comes to Video game adaptions.

Sonic the hedgehog is the ONLY video game movie to say we ****** up and changed it the great design we got and that movie made bank. There is nothing wrong with characters looking how they should.
the whole thing about directing is to make the movie stand out from the original works. if the movie looks just like the game, the director will be seen as someone who is good at copying instead of being capable of making a movie.

the whole thing about directing is to make the movie stand out from the original works. if the movie looks just like the game, the director will be seen as someone who is good at copying instead of being capable of making a movie.
That’s stupid. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard from u yet. So I guess change Batman to look unrecognizable because it would be copying an original work? No. You can adapt something and put a spin on it and make it close to the source while adding your own fkavor. It works wonders for years in many comic film movies and sonic.
That’s not a thing in directing and it’s silly that you even think that 😂.

It’s just called i wanna do it my way and **** the source material lol.

now I’m not mad at the casting at all. Still wanna see this but that’s definitely not a thing in directing… like at all

That’s stupid. That’s the dumbest thing I’ve heard from u yet. So I guess change Batman to look unrecognizable because it would be copying an original work? No. You can adapt something and put a spin on it and make it close to the source while adding your own fkavor. It works wonders for years in many comic film movies and sonic.
That’s not a thing in directing and it’s silly that you even think that 😂.

It’s just called i wanna do it my way and **** the source material lol.

now I’m not mad at the casting at all. Still wanna see this but that’s definitely not a thing in directing… like at all
who owns the batman comic and who does the movie?

for video games most of the time the original IP holder is totally different from the one making the movie and usually game companies has little to no say on how the movie companies want to make their version of the movie as they paid big money for the rights.

thus it gives movie companies and directors much more freedom to do whatever they want with their movie. this is why most games to movie deviates alot from the original works. especially when it's a eastern IP this gives the western movie makers more urge to westernize their works even more.

it isn't difficult to maintain the original style and cast for something like resident evil where you don't require super high tech CGI like cyberpunk movies, so you just saying the directors and casting are just that bad that the movie couldn't even follow the original arts? they don't pay millions for incompetent people who can't even follow simple styles and like i said the original actors for the game are there if they wanted someone who can both look and act like the characters.

who owns the batman comic and who does the movie?

for video games most of the time the original IP holder is totally different from the one making the movie and usually game companies has little to no say on how the movie companies want to make their version of the movie as they paid big money for the rights.

thus it gives movie companies and directors much more freedom to do whatever they want with their movie. this is why most games to movie deviates alot from the original works. especially when it's a eastern IP this gives the western movie makers more urge to westernize their works even more.

it isn't difficult to maintain the original style and cast for something like resident evil where you don't require super high tech CGI like cyberpunk movies, so you just saying the directors and casting are just that bad that the movie couldn't even follow the original arts? they don't pay millions for incompetent people who can't even follow simple styles and like i said the original actors for the game are there if they wanted someone who can both look and act like the characters.
The original actors for video games don’t look like the characters they are voiced and computer modified to look like the characters they portray.
Again there is no excuse 😐

what the hell do u mean who owns the Batman comic and who owns the movie? It doesn’t matter who owns the movie it matters keeping close to the source material. Many Batman films did that. Nolan is a great example. He took a character like the joker and put his own spin on it while still making the character look accurate to the source material.

again there is no excuse. They just don’t want to stick to the source material which is fine but don’t say dumb bs like a director has to do it so he doesn’t seem like he’s copying. That is the absolute stupidest thing I’ve heard.

half the directors out that remake a make it shot for shot cause they wanted it to be close to the original

and these guys literally said they wanted to be more like the games. Your argument carries literally no weight whatsoever.
Also game companies. Definitely have a say on what goes down . They cancel the movie if they don’t like it. Sega told paramount they didn’t like the sonic design along with the fans. Look what happened.

gosh what a silly counter argument to say. U never fail to amaze me

Last edited:
"Leon is a hungover rookie cop... recently shot his partner in training by mistake..." What is the source for this text? I really hope this is false info because it's not even Leon in spirit. Leon is a well meaning, clean cut guy in RE2, rolling into complete disaster unprepared and surviving it. You root for him because he's so damn new and innocent and in the worst first day ever, it's a fantastic set up. He's in out of his depth, but not because he's hung over and reckless, just new and doing his best :/ Leon isn't turning up to his new job hung over. I'm curious about how they expain this 'shooting his partner by mistake', because that's going to be a tough sell too. This isn't even just a case of 'not looking like Leon', or an interpretation of Leon with some changes; it just full on isn't Leon if this text is true :/

nobody complained that the LOTR trilogy was too much like the books.

"Leon is a hungover rookie cop... recently shot his partner in training by mistake..." What is the source for this text? I really hope this is false info because it's not even Leon in spirit. Leon is a well meaning, clean cut guy in RE2, rolling into complete disaster unprepared and surviving it. You root for him because he's so damn new and innocent and in the worst first day ever, it's a fantastic set up. He's in out of his depth, but not because he's hung over and reckless, just new and doing his best :/ Leon isn't turning up to his new job hung over. I'm curious about how they expain this 'shooting his partner by mistake', because that's going to be a tough sell too. This isn't even just a case of 'not looking like Leon', or an interpretation of Leon with some changes; it just full on isn't Leon if this text is true :/
Alright, so you're right and wrong, in the original RE2 he's only late to work as he's hung over because his girlfriend broke up with him. I think it was in the og playing manual, but you're right about him being mostly innocent and clean cut. I prefer how remake handled his characterization honestly, but the movie Leon is basically the worst aspects of Kevin Ryman without any of the redeeming factors.

A drunk cop that ND's into a partner is not somebody who stays on the force.

The description of Leon is horrible.

The original version he was drunk but only because him and his girlfriend had a terrible break up. He wasn't a piece of **** drunk who drank on the job and shot his partner by accident. Now they're making Leon a total creep piece of ****. Who wants to root for this a-hole who not only is a drunk but shoots his partner and gets away with it because of his daddy.

Give us a Leon who looks NOTHING like him in a cheap Halloween RPD outfit, don't even bother to make him shave or get the hair right, then change everything about the character and make him a total piece of ****. Are they trying to fail?

Plus having Chris part of the city outbreak is another departure that is horrible. I wasn't pissed off at this movie before but hearing what they're doing to Leon.... yeah, **** this film.

Attachments

• wtf3.gif
    wtf3.gif
    2 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
With this whole new average guys looking characters in the movie, you know what most dissapointing thing is???...... Its not interesting enough to make me do a custom figure of it.... and hell it certainly not gonna make any company to do the figure from it.... Just cross finger hope they make the B.O.W looks good.....

With this whole new average guys looking characters in the movie, you know what most dissapointing thing is???...... Its not interesting enough to make me do a custom figure of it.... and hell it certainly not gonna make any company to do the figure from it.... Just cross finger hope they make the B.O.W looks good.....

Exactly

Chris looks decent, I'd take a figure of him. Maybe... Wesker or Claire but from a third party only... I don't want the studio getting a cent of my money.

from wiki:
"A popular cadet at the police academy, Leon was admired by his trainers, and graduated among the top 10%. As such, he was one of around a dozen police officers recruited into the Raccoon City Police Department after Mayor Devlin Harris' August 25 press conference.[2][3]

Hearing about the recent killings, Leon wanted to be a part of the investigation. While he understood Police Chief Irons was a "prick", he expected that his well-written police reports would earn his appraisal and be put on the case".

Now we get a slacker Leon who...LMAO...accidentally shoots his training partner, and had to be bailed by his big shot dad, hence why he ends up in SH!TH0LE town.
Geez, it took me 5 seconds to look up his history to get an idea. Does this studio even take the time to get to know these characters?

Back