Re-Release Patient Zero SSC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh..this thread is going into interesting places and I like the dialogue going on. I'll play devil's advocate for a second here.

Its been established that even those who are die-hard seeking Patient Zero on the secondary market still wouldn't want a kind of re-release because they'd rather get the original right?

Some collectors have been marking the Bond Legacy Collection as the same thing, a re-release hidden in a different suit and such.

Those who want PZ kept in a singular release how would you answer those questions? Just a question...

Personally I've found the Dr. No Tuxedo Bond and looked at the Legacy Connery Bond and see how they are different so I'm not making that claim but I'm wondering how do you distinguish the difference between new offering of an existing character and just a re-release?

to tell the truth...i wouldn't mind having a re-released in a different version. This is just like for example, asking for a Luke Skywalker in different version, like ESB Luke. Hey, the more zombies the better :mummy

But even if he re-released as a variant, he still wouldn't be THE PZ. There would still be a gap in The Dead. :monkey3

pixletwin said:
But even if he re-released as a variant, he still wouldn't be THE PZ. There would still be a gap in The Dead. :monkey3

Right. That was my statement beginning this thread, make a variant to quench the thirst of those going after the character and it would allow the original PZ to stay intact and those of the completist mindset would still have their hunt....:confused:

Jedi_Mike said:
Right. That was my statement beginning this thread, make a variant to quench the thirst of those going after the character and it would allow the original PZ to stay intact and those of the completist mindset would still have their hunt....:confused:
I see... Well that would be interesting. I wouldn't be opposed to a variant being made. Don't know if I would buy it or not but I am all about everyone getting what they want within reason. :D

Jedi_Mike said:

But how would that help? You want a PZ to have the complete line. A varient would be just that, a varient.So you still wouldn't have the complete line.

I understand your argument but it doesn't make any sense. Even if they did a Patient Zero-A, he's still not the original Patient Zero. There are only 300 of that bad boy out there and he's become almost impossible to find. Just think how satisfying the day will be when you do finally find one.

He may not be "THE" Patient Zero but similar in a way. Its like saying I prefer the ROTJ Luke than the New Hope Luke, for example. This variant is not for the completist. Just for those that are looking for a similarity.

Actually I said that not having the Patient Zero character would leave a gap not necessarily the specific Patient Zero SDCC 2005 version. I think it would help because those who want the character would have it. I'd get it and it'd probably suffice me until the eBay pricing came down to more reasonable levels. Then again I'm also offering $370 for one at present time so I'm not the best example, but I was speaking more globally for those who just want the character and don't care about the version is all...

Darth Waller said:
How about Patient Zero Point One with a green shirt. Problem solved. :monkey3

Still gay :D

I will say this now and you can mark my words, as soon as SS does something like this, I will sell virtually my entire collection.

but Sideshow has been releasing variant numerous of time. It is called exclusive. For example the Gray hulk or Gray 1:1 bust of Ardeth Bey.

That is a different thing though right? I mean with Gray Hulk it was an exclusive offered at time of order....I think it varies from a reissuing a variant...

Jedi_Mike said:
That is a different thing though right? I mean with Gray Hulk it was an exclusive offered at time of order....I think it varies from a reissuing a variant...

You're exactly right.

How pi$$ed would someone be to pay $350 for a PZ only to have SS release a new varient? They aren't Hasbro.

Darth Roranous said:
A Patient Zero? I threw mine out. I didn't feel right having one when so many others couldn't.

So does that mean there are only 299 of them out there? I'll post pics later :D

Darth Loki said:
So does that mean there are only 299 of them out there? I'll post pics later :D
298 I bought 2. One for my plastic bag parachute that I throw from the 3rd story into my pet lions den. Needless to say, he is missing some parts.

Back