Re-Release Patient Zero SSC!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mike

In the Pixels
Reaction score
I searched and searched and couldn't find anything particular to this request but I'd like to ask Sideshow Collectibles to Redo Patient Zero is some sort of variant form that is a more general release to have it in the line. I really love The Dead line but not getting Patient Zero in the line leaves a large gap since he started it all and the eBay prices and lack of availability make it a hole that might stay unfilled. My request is to change Patient Zero, put him in scrub to go with the Doc or something but redo him in a fashion that lets fans of the line get him but doesn't degrade the original or make someone who just paid $300+ for him on eBay curse you til the cows come home. I know I just want the figure, I could care less whether its the 2005 SDCC version or not...

if SSC did that then everything that has limited edtion in the description will be questioned and rightly so.

True...of course you did just buy one Hydrobud so you're a little biased...lol (unless there's another Hydrobud on eBay) I don't want the limited editionness to be questioned at all I just want the figure....I guess since its really not getting any support I should just offer to plunk down the change....

That route is tinged with danger - as soon as something starts being reissued it can really kill the secondary market which can then in turn kill the demand on the primary market.

I'm afraid you'll just have to fork out what its going for if you really want one.

I don't think re-releasing Patient Zero will cure any ones wants or desires. Hell, I don't even think it will satiate you for a minute because you still won't have the real patient Zero. He will still be elusive and missing from your collection. Just let it go and enjoy your other Dead. My 2 cents. :lecture

While you're at it Sideshow, please re-release the Balrog and Cave troll. I really want them but missed out. Just make them slightly bigger than the previous releases so you can say they're different. thanks.

No harm no foul, its a suggestion and one that if isn't popular should be voiced as such. Got the Advil next to me and threw down an offer of $300 shipped for good ol' Patient Zero in the WTB thread. Let's see if its cash enough....

I hear Jedi Mike's request. Not only he is in search for this illusive catch but many as well. I myself is in search for the whole Platoon line and little by little I am close to sealing the gap. I hate paying the extra money :monkey2 but if that is the way to get what I want then that is what I have to do. Sorry Mike, but you just have to search high and low and when oppurtunity comes. Do not think twice. Just take it.

ps...it took me nearly 2 years to finally find a Pitt Zoyvod Pewter and when the moment came, I just all out.

Though I am one of the many sad non-Patient Zero owning fools out there, I would be strongly opposed to a re-issue or variant. Like Darth Roranous stated you would still need the original Patient to complete the line. I have never been a fan of re-issues/variants and I would not be a fan of this one.

Not to sound rude, but any re-release of any limited item would be the worst thing that SS could ever do. This thing has been out for over a year. You could find one for under $100 before this year's SDCC. Shame on you, and all of us, for jumping on this line so late.

What would happen if GG re-released the CW Padme? Why screw over all those that were smart enough to get in before it got insanely popular?

Its understandable the lack of desire to re-release anything that is noted. As for the "Shame" part, I wasn't even aware of Sideshow Collectibles until the Star Wars announcement and PreOrder in November of 2005. Shame on me for not having the hindsight to realize that I'd really like what SST has been doing and want to add more of their product to my collection. Shame on me for not being able to see past the Star Wars line so early and branch out early enough because when I started like a lot of collectors I was going to stay "strictly" Star Wars. Shame on me indeed. I understand the passion for keeping things in the collector realm but let's keep into perspective that not everyone was a Sideshow FREAK back then.

Jedi_Mike said:
Its understandable the lack of desire to re-release anything that is noted. As for the "Shame" part, I wasn't even aware of Sideshow Collectibles until the Star Wars announcement and PreOrder in November of 2005. Shame on me for not having the hindsight to realize that I'd really like what SST has been doing and want to add more of their product to my collection. Shame on me for not being able to see past the Star Wars line so early and branch out early enough because when I started like a lot of collectors I was going to stay "strictly" Star Wars. Shame on me indeed. I understand the passion for keeping things in the collector realm but let's keep into perspective that not everyone was a Sideshow FREAK back then.

You found out about SS before I did :eek: . I just started collecting earlier this year, so I had to do my fair share of catching up as well. But I'd never want or ask for a company to re-release something because I missed it. Why don't we ask for some more original Balrogs or Orthanc while we're at it? I'm sure a lot of people would like a second chance at those.

I am in the same camp as Loki and King. I was late to SSC, I want Patient Zero, but I don't want SSC to re-release him. He is a rotting gem.

If Master Replicas can do it, so can Sideshow. Limited edition now. Collector's edition later. Everyone's happy. ;)

Darth Waller said:
If Master Replicas can do it, so can Sideshow. Limited edition now. Collector's edition later. Everyone's happy. ;)

Yeah, people love MR :rolleyes:

Back