RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

I think that is what I rated it also.

It was a great directional debut and stellar performances from Peter Mullan and Olivia Colman.

Olivia Colman really impressed me. Only seen her in comedies before. She was fantastic. I teared up during one scene.

Olivia Colman really impressed me. Only seen her in comedies before. She was fantastic. I teared up during one scene.

Yes she really impressed me also.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Yes she really impressed me also.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Great film though even though some things didn't quite add up.

Apparently they're having a Timothy Olyphant weekend on FX.

Die Hard 4/ Live Free or Die Hard ... 8/10. Solid Die Hard movie. McClane in the wrong place, at the wrong time again ... though more out-of-his-league with the high tech terrorist plot. I actually liked the geeky hacker kid more than I thought I would. Olyphant is a capable villain ... he's no Hans Gruber -- who is? -- but he's good enough. Action sequences were solid ... though the F34 vs. the semi-truck was way over-the-top. Kevin Smith was amusing in his cameo. I'd rate it even with Die Hard 3. Better than 2. The original Die Hard is as untouchable as Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Hitman ... 5/10. Never played the games. Movie was a pretty mundane action plot with a brooding assassin and a useless chick. Made somewhat better by Olyphant, though. Had a bit of a bald, bar-coded Raylan Givens vibe. There were some cool weapons and gunfights, though, which I guess was the whole point. I still don't get why anyone would want a bunch of assassins with bald heads and bar codes. Assassins usually don't want to stand out in a crowd.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

Real Steel 8.5/10

Why didn't I see this at the cinema :slap

Absolutely wasn't expecting this to be anywhere near as good as it was.

Genuinely loved this film. Packed full of heart as well as steel. It was basically Rocky the robot.

Best blind buy I have bought in a long time.

Last edited:

La piel que habito (The skin I live in): 7.5/10 Recommended.

Having rewatched these again last night only for the first time in a as a double bill at the New Beverly....(they've been out for a while on Netflix as well)

OSS 117: Cairo: Nest of Spies 9/10

OSS 117: Lost in Rio 7/10

Although much weaker than the first film, Lost in Rio was still full of the campy humor that was well received from Cairo Nest of Spies. Great films. Recommend anyone who likes old school Bond films and dare I say even Austin Powers movies.

In Time - 7/10

I like this a lot more then I thought I would. Really cool premise. Although, all the time puns were a little off putting.

Real Steel 8.5/10

Why didn't I see this at the cinema :slap

Absolutely wasn't expecting this to be anywhere near as good as it was.

Genuinely loved this film. Packed full of heart as well as steel. It was basically Rocky the robot.

Best blind buy I have bought in a long time.

Just watched this. Was quite enjoyable but so damn cheesy. The ending was proper justice. 6.5/10.

Just watched this. Was quite enjoyable but so damn cheesy. The ending was proper justice. 6.5/10.

Reel Steel:

Just finished it myself. I'd give it around the same. I thought the majority of it was way over acted, but still really enjoyable. And thought it was weird they didn't write in Charlie trying to get his son back.

The Sitter - 7/10

- It's Superbad without McLovin & Michael Cera. Not as funny but not entirely a bad film. Rockwell was hilarious though.

Hugo 7.5/10

A very beautifully made film. Scorcese has come a long way since Mean Streets.

X-Men: First Class - 7.5/10

Some fantastic moments, but I found myself hoping the film would pick up a few too many times. Maybe 132 minutes wasn't the best length.
I will say that James McAvoy and The Fass were excellent. Really digging these guys in their movies lately.

Back