RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rate The Last Movie You Watched.

50/50 - 9 out of 10

Amazing presentation of such a sensitive subject.
Levitt has done some wonderful piece of acting, couldn't imagine he was Arthur in Inception.
Seth Rogen is superb! :lol
Anna Kendrick, well, nope. Didn't like her in Up in the Air too. Her acting's too, I don't know, deliberate (if that's something you can say) :dunno

Kyle: “‎No s__t she doesn’t like it, who likes having d___s in their mouths? That’s why it’s called a b___job, no one likes a job.” :lol :lol

Rise of the Planet of the Apes: 8/10

Very impressive. It was refreshing to see how it focused on the characters, which made all the events that much more powerful and emotional. It's easy to see it from the perspective of one's relationship to their pets. I know when I look at my 2 cats and interact with them, I see much more in there than just an animal or a "pet".

I haven't really seen any of the original Apes movies since I was a kid, so I really don't remember any specifics. I did see the Tim Burton version though, which was "eh". Is Icarus supposed to be the space ship with Charlton Heston? Is Caesar spoken about as being the original ape? But wait, wasn't there one movie where a couple of the advanced apes come back in time, and they give birth to Caesar? Agh! So much to keep track of! I'm gonna have to Google it...

Very impressive. It was refreshing to see how it focused on the characters, which made all the events that much more powerful and emotional. It's easy to see it from the perspective of one's relationship to their pets. I know when I look at my 2 cats and interact with them, I see much more in there than just an animal or a "pet".

I haven't really seen any of the original Apes movies since I was a kid, so I really don't remember any specifics. I did see the Tim Burton version though, which was "eh". Is Icarus supposed to be the space ship with Charlton Heston? Is Caesar spoken about as being the original ape? But wait, wasn't there one movie where a couple of the advanced apes come back in time, and they give birth to Caesar? Agh! So much to keep track of! I'm gonna have to Google it...

This movie ties in pretty well with the first Heston movie. The only comment you kinda have to ignore - or rationalize, since Heston's character wouldn't have had any inkling as to the method by which we destroyed ourselves in his absence - is when he says "they blew it all to Hell".

Get past the first one, and you have to start rationalizing a bit more to make it fit. You can do some of it - while the old films focused on the nuclear aspect, it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume that as a plague got worse, wars would start breaking out as countries tried to isolate themselves, and nuclear annihilation would still be possible.

But even the first 6 movies ended up playing a bit fast and loose with the story (who was the first ape to speak, how that happened, etc.), switching things up between them as the story required. They fit this one in well enough, at least as far as I'm concerned.

The movie is a reboot. If anything they are only paying homage to the original.

Safe House- 8/10

Pretty solid flick. Ending was a bit predictiable, and some of the scenes in the last stand were....well, silly after a while. You'll see what I mean. But it's still a good flick.

The Thing prequel 6/10. CGI was a bit weak, but I liked some of the acting, particularly the girl. I really enjoyed the first hour or so, but by the last 20 minutes they'd lost me, and I thought most of the ending was pretty silly, especially how they tied this film to the Carpenter movie.

The Thing prequel 6/10. CGI was a bit weak, but I liked some of the acting, particularly the girl. I really enjoyed the first hour or so, but by the last 20 minutes they'd lost me, and I thought most of the ending was pretty silly, especially how they tied this film to the Carpenter movie.

What?!?!

The effects were a mix of cgi and creature-made effects.

Dead End Drive-In: 6/10
.. satisfied my 80's fix for the month... :monkey1

Since everyone loves giving so many 9's and 10's in this thread...

I'll go one step further...

Drive 10,000 out of 10 and the Grey, 10,000 out of 10! Boiii!

Also Woman in Black.... 10.000 out of 10. Heck, lets give perfect scores to every movie! :yess:

Seriously, all three movies are pretty good.

Event Horizon - 7/10

I remembered liking this one, but hadn't seen it in a while. Holds up ok, but it was too brightly lit and the imagery a little too blatant. A remake with the right director could be pretty spooky.

Event Horizon - 7/10

I remembered liking this one, but hadn't seen it in a while. Holds up ok, but it was too brightly lit and the imagery a little too blatant. A remake with the right director could be pretty spooky.

I remember seeing this in the theater and it gave me nightmares. I haven't seen it since. San Neill was effing creepy.

Back