RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been meaning to give this a second watch. I was debating giving Cannibal Holocaust a first watch however I quite fancy watching The Green Inferno again.🤭
Cannibal Holocaust is quite a thrilling film. It is quite disturbing though and you have to be able to handle multiple cases of real life animal abuse and killings. Just for that alone this isn't something I enjoy watching. Have seen it once many years ago and still don't really feel the need to watch it again. I'll stick to The Green Inferno for my cannibal-movie-fix.

The Autopsy of Jan Doe. 7/10
Solid creep factor, but really its a mystery horror film. Once the cat is out of the bag so to speak, its horror and fairly formula.
Its got a great spooky atmosphere, and is now a solid “must watch” for Halloween time.

If it had a bigger budget, probably could have been quite a bit more to it….

Overall a good chill and fun watch!

Amazon’s The Rings of Power - 9/10

I’m glad I didn’t visit the thread for this show before watching it because I absolutely loved it. I’m not a Tolkien purist so whatever is going on with the story line that some people don’t like isn’t anything I’m noticing.

Beautiful visuals. Amazing score. Interesting story. Engaging characters.
Looks like it will tie in nicely with PJ’s trilogy. I just hate that the wait will be so long for season two but continue with this type of quality and that will be forgiven.

Cannibal Holocaust is quite a thrilling film. It is quite disturbing though and you have to be able to handle multiple cases of real life animal abuse and killings. Just for that alone this isn't something I enjoy watching. Have seen it once many years ago and still don't really feel the need to watch it again. I'll stick to The Green Inferno for my cannibal-movie-fix.
Worth a first time watch though?

Halloween Ends - 4/10

I feel like we got Last Jedi’ed here. The movie ignored all of the set up from the previous movies, tried to do it’s own thing, and didn’t really do a good job at fleshing out those new ideas. I feel like this would have been a good standalone movie but not a good way end to the trilogy. It definitely isn’t the worst Halloween, it’s just okay.

Worth a first time watch though?
Sure, I think the movie is significant enough to give it a watch. It made history, that's for sure. At the time of its release people thought it was all real. I believe the cast was instructed to avoid media at all costs, so people really bought into that idea also because of the realistic special effects regarding impalements. I think the director was even arrested at some point because the movie was thought to be a snuff film.

I'd say watch the movie first, and then take a look at the wikipedia page for all the details about the aftermath. It's quite insane.

Sure, I think the movie is significant enough to give it a watch. It made history, that's for sure. At the time of its release people thought it was all real. I believe the cast was instructed to avoid media at all costs, so people really bought into that idea also because of the realistic special effects regarding impalements. I think the director was even arrested at some point because the movie was thought to be a snuff film.

I'd say watch the movie first, and then take a look at the wikipedia page for all the details about the aftermath. It's quite insane.
OK, sounds like I need to watch this. :panic:

Saw - 6/10
It has been a while since I last saw this. I always find it funny that this franchise is known for it's gruesome and graphic torture scenes, where there is almost none of that in this first one. It's quite obvious that it's low budget, but that doesn't detract from a good movie experience.

All Hollows Eve - 2 out of 5
Terrifier - 3.5 out of 5
Terrifier 2 - 3.5 out of 5

Would have never guessed in a million years that I would enjoy the Terrifier films. After seeing the the 2nd one was playing at my local theater, that it was getting good reviews, and that it was 2.5 hours long my curiosity got the best of me. So I watched All Hollows Eve and Terrifier to get ready for it. Glad I did. Art the clown is an official horror icon :lol the gore in these films is unbelievable for the budget they have.

All Hallows Eve was an anthology movie that Art the Clown made his first appearance and his story was the only good one in that film.

Not for everyone. Probably best for fans of Cannibal Campout :lol

All Hollows Eve - 2 out of 5
Terrifier - 3.5 out of 5
Terrifier 2 - 3.5 out of 5

Would have never guessed in a million years that I would enjoy the Terrifier films. After seeing the the 2nd one was playing at my local theater, that it was getting good reviews, and that it was 2.5 hours long my curiosity got the best of me. So I watched All Hollows Eve and Terrifier to get ready for it. Glad I did. Art the clown is an official horror icon :lol the gore in these films is unbelievable for the budget they have.

All Hallows Eve was an anthology movie that Art the Clown made his first appearance and his story was the only good one in that film.

Not for everyone. Probably best for fans of Cannibal Campout :lol

Art's debut was in the short film, Terrifier (2011), which was used in its entirety as a segment of All Hallows Eve (2013).

I only found out about the character and the films when Trick or Treat Studios previewed their 1/6 figure. I tracked down all the films and was strangely captivated.

Art is the most terrifying of clowns. Creepy, but above all brutally sadistic in a way that classic slashers such as Michael or Jason generally aren't.

The cruel mime taking gleeful pleasure in causing pain and physical injury was taken to extremes in Terrifier 2. It's a video nasty on steroids. Parts of it were so gruesome it was hard to watch, but as with his original appearance there's something oddly fascinating about the character and the performance. I hate clowns at the best of times so these are true horror films for me.

I watched Halloween Ends earlier. It wasn't good. But then Terrifier 2 makes every Halloween film seem more like an episode of Scooby-Doo!

The Conjuring 2 - 9/10 Awesome spookiness :rock had to make sure I watched it during the day :lol
Blade Trinity - 8/10 Good to see Blade have a great villain in Drake, overall good watch :clap

Gremlins and Gremlins 2 - 10/10 Gotta love Gizmo, I'd forgotten how much I liked these films. Some dodgy acting but overall both a fun watch

Xx

Terrifier - 6/10
Like @JAWS the buzz about the sequel made me want to watch this first installment. And like Jaws I never imagined I would like it, but I did. Won't go to the cinema for the sequel (not even sure they show it here) but I'll watch it eventually.

Trick 'r Treat - 7/10
I really like how all the little storylines nicely come together. Hadn't seen it in a while, but a fun watch!

Mama - 8/10
No matter how many times I see this, it manages to creep me out every time. Definitely a favourite of mine.

The Conjuring 2 - 9/10 Awesome spookiness :rock had to make sure I watched it during the day :lol

While I prefer the first Conjuring film, this second one creeped me out more after first watching it. That damn nun is terrifying. The way she just stands in the Warren's hallway or how she manifests in that painting is freaking insane. Those two scenes are the scariest she gets in my opinion. Moreso than in her own movie.

Back