RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You Were Never Really Here - 6/10 - A very artsy film starring Juaquin Phoenix. Slow pace that makes the 90 minute running time feel like two hours. It's a mixture of Taxi Driver, The Professional and Drive, but nowhere near as good as those films.

Fantastic Beasts 2: The Crimes Of Grindelwald

I liked it a lot! Many have complained online of how they couldn't follow the
story, how there was too much happening at once...but all one needs to do is pay
attention, and listen to what the characters are saying to each other, and view
it multiple times to hear everything.

Plenty of action here, and the characters fill you in on what's going on by
communicating with each other. Yes, there's some unanswered questions,
but one should assume they're going to be answered in future installments.

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 9/10

An amazing love letter to Angelinos from that time period, although not Tarantino’s best work, as a standalone movie it holds its own weight, the storytelling is different but completely mind melting, zero wokeness, it feels good to watch a movie without an agenda being pushed other than good storytelling.

Of course a main chunk of the movie focuses on behind the scenes interactions with the Manson cult but with a Tarantino Twist and the twist behind rick daltons movie career come at you in an intense sequence of events that unroll at the third act, kind of wish this movie never ended.

This is what happens when A director is given full helm with the final cut, editing and creative control of the movie, Im glad Tarantino managed to pull this movie in this day and age and i am glad Sony allowed it more than anything, you can clearly tell that the end of day is a masterpiece on its merit.

I don’t like comparing this movie to his previous work but man it was refreshing to finally see something other than a sequel, remake or rehash in a theater, the beauty of it all, i watched in 35mm!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hellboy (2019) - 3 out of 10 This was bad, Over packed with enough story for two movies, I hated the forced swearing, the new Prof. Bloom was awful, the new Hellboy acting like a bratty teenager in spite of him being 75 yo, the editing was choppy, the flashbacks were misplaced, and Jovavich gave a bad performance. The Hellboy makeup also looked bad at times, specifically his body suit. This is a really bad comedy with some gory horror.
I did like the Giant fight and the creature makeup looked amazing especially the demons coming out of hell, but that's it.

Shazam! - 9 out of 10 This was great! Loved the story, the kid actors were great, Zachary Levi was perfect as Captain Marvel, Mark Strong was creepy and menacing as Dr. Sivana, the directing, editing, and special effects were all done well. It was also funny at times. Just a perfectly told Superhero movie!
Better than Aquaman, maybe even better than Wonder Woman.
I hope they give us a few more Shazam sequels at this caliber.

Juliet, Naked - 8/10

Went into this blind, not even knowing what genre it was or who was in it. Sort of a rom-com/drama - as a single man I normally avoid Rom-coms if I can help it, I think they're better watched when you're with someone. But watch it I did and I thought it was a nice little film. By the end even I was hoping for the cliched rom-com ending...which...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway it's Rose Byrne, Chris O Dowd and Ethan Hawke (who is looking more and more like Nick Nolte as he gets older but particularly in this film).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607096/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

Last edited:
Juliet, Naked - 8/10

Went into this blind, not even knowing what genre it was or who was in it. Sort of a rom-com/drama - as a single man I normally avoid Rom-coms if I can help it, I think they're better watched when you're with someone. But watch it I did and I thought it was a nice little film. By the end even I was hoping for the cliched rom-com ending...which...
Spoiler Spoiler:

Anyway it's Rose Byrne, Chris O Dowd and Ethan Hawke (who is looking more and more like Nick Nolte as he gets older but particularly in this film).

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt5607096/?ref_=nv_sr_1?ref_=nv_sr_1

The idea that anyone could possibly tire of Rose Byrne defies belief. Still, he was a complete wanker so...

The idea that anyone could possibly tire of Rose Byrne defies belief. Still, he was a complete wanker so...

As an obsessive toy collector and forum poster I kind of identified with him in a way - but also recognized him as a bit of an eejit. I hope I've never sounded like him on here. :monkey3 :lol

Iron Man 3

Been a couple years, but I really enjoyed it this time. I like the twist more and more each time :lol
And honestly, other than that, unless you just aren’t an MCU fan, I see no reason to hate this movie.

As an obsessive toy collector and forum poster I kind of identified with him in a way - but also recognized him as a bit of an eejit. I hope I've never sounded like him on here. :monkey3 :lol

Have you ever declined an evening with a smoking hottie because you had to email Howard Chan begging him for a T2 Tim figure?

terminator-2-thumbs-up-gif-11.gif

Alita: Battle Angel 5/10 A bit over-hyped I guess, didn't 'end' which is always annoying, I'd be in no hurry to watch it again just a bit mediocre.

Alita: Battle Angel 5/10 A bit over-hyped I guess, didn't 'end' which is always annoying, I'd be in no hurry to watch it again just a bit mediocre.

Yep. About the same for me. There were elements that really worked. The performance capture and integration as well as Rosa Salazar’s performance in general were terrific, but I just couldn’t get invested in the story. I also found Hugo to be a total blank and the only emotion I had at his outcome was relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back