RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What were you expecting from a rape revenge movie?

Not much. Just typical snuff level ****. The girl was hot, little skinny but hot. She had more hair on her box than the one rapist had on his head :lol

I bet he wasn't expectin' the goofy ass over the top nerd character. :lol

Crows played it well.

RIDE. Helen Hunt , Luke Wilson. A over protrective mom letting go and learning to surf badly lol. I give a 7 a lot of heart.

The Relic (1997) - 6.5/10

A decent and well produced 90's monster flick. Tom Sizemore being 1990's Tom Sizemore. Slick cinematography, lens flares galore, "Die Hard with a Monster," etc. Not great by any means but well put together for what it is and pretty entertaining from beginning to end.

Batman: The Movie (1966) - 3.5/10

Ugh. I started out being entertained as I often am while watching the TV show but I realized just how forgiving the 22 minute run time of each episode is. After about 45-50 minutes the movie really started to lose its charm and by the time it was over I was actively disliking it. Really, REALLY wore out its welcome. Even the one true laugh I got out of the film (Batman trying to get rid of the bomb) had to sabotage itself by actually recycling its own gags (running toward the nuns AGAIN, running toward the baby carriage AGAIN) in literally one scene.

I was often reminded of Schumacher's Batman & Robin and really do think that Joel accomplished what he set out to do, for better or worse. The 1997 and 1966 films really are pretty indistinguishable to me but if forced to pick one I'd go with B&R in a heartbeat.

The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957) 9.25/10

If you're a Raiders or TOD fan you MUST see this film. David Lean really does Spielberg better than Spielberg and Malick better than Malick. And on a side note since this film came out exactly 20 years before Star Wars it's interesting to see Obi-Wan Kenobi as he *really* would have looked in ROTS. :lecture

No Country For Old Men (2007) - 8.25/10

FINALLY saw this one. When this originally came out in 2007 our daughter was only a few months old and we hardly ever left the house for any length of time. Then this kind of dropped off the radar for quite a few years until I just now got to watch it off Netflix. The thing with the Coens is that they really make timeless films. This movie could have hit theaters *this year* and it still would have played just as well. Riveting from beginning to end, I did detract a little bit because I thought if faltered a bit with the ending. The car accident for you know who at the end pushed the "you never know what's going to happen, look how random everything is" just a little too far IMO. Still though, expert filmmaking for the most part.

Last edited:
The Martian ... 9/10. One of the best sci-fi movies I've seen in a long time. Clever cross between Castaway and Apollo 13.

I figured it was going to be one of those exhausting 'catastrophe-a-minute' sci-fi disaster movies (like Armageddon, for instance) ... where literally everything goes wrong, all the time, until the very last minute, and you leave the movie tired rather than entertained. It wasn't. The science was good, which is unusual (see, for instance, Armageddon, or, God-forbid, Mission to Mars). The problems weren't just random nonsense, but a genuine progression through the process. The solutions were clever -- though, having seen Apollo 13, I wondered how they didn't think of the 'gravity slingshot' solution sooner.

All-in-all, a very good movie.

SnakeDoc

No Country For Old Men (2007) - 8.25/10

FINALLY saw this one. When this originally came out in 2007 our daughter was only a few months old and we hardly ever left the house for any length of time. Then this kind of dropped off the radar for quite a few years until I just now got to watch it off Netflix. The thing with the Coens is that they really make timeless films. This movie could have hit theaters *this year* and it still would have played just as well. Riveting from beginning to end, I did detract a little bit because I thought if faltered a bit with the ending. The car accident for you know who at the end pushed the "you never know what's going to happen, look how random everything is" just a little too far IMO. Still though, expert filmmaking for the most part.

Anton is such a cool villain. He's the best cinematic Two Face so far :lol

Yeah, impossible not to see the connection there. Imagine if it was both him and Ledger in TDK.

:drool

He might also be the best Terminator since Arnold in T1. He even "fixes" his injuries like in TI and the way Woody Harrelson describes him in the hospital was similar to how Kyle Reese describes the T 800 to Sarah Connor. He doesn't even behave like a normal human.

Anton is a scarier villain than Ledger's Joker IMO

Oh yeah. Like most Jokers, Ledger is more of a "cool" villain, imo. The only two scenes I felt Ledger was kind of scary was the "Why so serious?" scene, but the PG 13 rating hurts it because you can't see the kill, and the hostage scene because Ledger went from funny and playful to "LOOK AT ME!" scary in the blink of an eye. :lol

I agree. Even Anton has competition in this guy though:

1210423_Whiplash_1.jpg

Close Encounters. A 10 and Classic for sure.

I have watched Seinfeld Over n Over and didnt realize the actor BOB Balaban who played Russel dalmple NBC head was the main Science guy in this ha ha. Besides Richard Dreyfuss and everyone did amazing job. I Never knew the little boy Tobey was Richards nephew ha ha. This movie still holds up very good today imo.

Back