RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox - 4/10

U1PHT7H.gif

The Maltese Falcon - 1941 (6.5/10)

A hard one to rate due to it being a milestone film that gave birth to the film noir genre but at the end of the day I just didn't particularly enjoy it. Almost the entire first hour is people sitting in rooms smoking and talking about a bird. Its influences on films even decades later is obvious but it has been far surpassed many times over.

It's Better than all 7 Star Wars films combined.

Edit : especially force awakens

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's Better than all 7 Star Wars films combined.

Edit : especially force awakens

All seven combined? Well the PT really brings that average down doesn't it? :lol The Maltese Falcon was okay but unless you're a die hard Bogart or private eye fan I wouldn't rank it above other milestone films from that era. Casablanca was far superior and stands the test of time much better IMO. With regard to Maltese vs Star Wars well let's just say that in this case I do agree with the American Film Institute that SW is far superior.

All seven combined? Well the PT really brings that average down doesn't it? :lol The Maltese Falcon was okay but unless you're a die hard Bogart or private eye fan I wouldn't rank it above other milestone films from that era. Casablanca was far superior and stands the test of time much better IMO. With regard to Maltese vs Star Wars well let's just say that in this case I do agree with the American Film Institute that SW is far superior.

You'd be hard pressed to find a real film buff who thinks Star Wars is superior to John Huston's Directorial debut masterpiece. But then again, this a forum for blockbuster lovers, not film buffs.

Well it's an honor to finally meet the man who speaks for the majority of film buffs. I'll just sit here in the corner playing with my Happy Meal toys while you definitively state which Best Picture nominated classic is superior to another. :lol

Last edited:
Well it's an honor to finally meet the man who speaks for the majority of film buffs. I'll just sit here in the corner playing with my Happy Meal toys while you definitively state which Best Picture nominated classic is superior to another. :lol

Honors all mine.

I always found the tone of Orca to be quite unsettling (in a good way.) SO much better than the idiotic JAWS The Revenge (since they both share the "it's personal" theme.

It is... Its a sad film for sure. The music really is a downer. But all of it is intentional and it works. Far from a perfect film but one that I remember seeing in the theaters and one that I return to ever 5 years or so.

Everything is Better then JAWS: The Revenge :lol

Back