RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh look, another film snob. This thread needs more of those...

Damn right...or maybe I am not as easily entertained as some people? I know alot of people will watch just about anything...especially if its got T&A , bad jokes or lots of action and death......that's obvious from American culture. (just look at the TV line ups).

Myself I prefer, plot, character development, pacing, score, editing , acting, directing, effects, and the combinations of them to tell a cohesive story that entertains, educated or moves me....

So I guess people are free to rate anything anyway they want....

Yep ....
John Wick 10/10! Just as good as Star Wars!
Deadpool .....Awesome, better than Shawshank Redemption. (why cause it entertained me for 2 hours)
Hot Tub Time Machine....INCREDIBLE FILM! Much better than It's a Wonderful Life!!!!

No wonder Hollywood can produce such crap every year.....when people accept it as good entertainment....

Scale or not, it's always subjective, even from a critical POV.

You can have a "scale" and still give away 9's and 10's like it's candy, it just means your threshold is wider, for whatever reasons.

I have to agree with Xipotec in that it seems lots of people seem to give away super high scores way too easy, but it's their right.

Damn right...or maybe I am not as easily entertained as some people? I know alot of people will watch just about anything...especially if its got T&A , bad jokes or lots of action and death......that's obvious from American culture. (just look at the TV line ups).

Myself I prefer, plot, character development, pacing, score, editing , acting, directing, effects, and the combinations of them to tell a cohesive story that entertains, educated or moves me....

Yep ....
Deadpool .....Awesome, better than Shawshank Redemption. (why cause it entertained me for 2 hours)
Hot Tub Time Machine....INCREDIBLE FILM! Much better than It's a Wonderful Life!!!!

No wonder Hollywood can produce such crap every year.....when people accept it as good entertainment....

:lol:lol:lol
Pretentious much?

Yep ....

No one cares, brah. People are gonna rate however they want to rate. They have before you and they will long after you.

I rate most everything I review pretty high ... because (1) I'm unlikely to waste my time seeing a movie I don't figure will be a 7 or higher, and (2) a 9 or 10 is just a movie I'd want to see again a few times, not an exclusive category only bestowed on an artistic masterpiece. If I liked it a lot, it's a 9 or 10. If I liked it, it's a 7 or 8. If I thought it was alright, it's a 5 or 6. I also don't use decimals, because no arbitrary movie rating system is that precise.

I don't view them as artistic works, I view them as entertainment. If I'm entertained, I'm likely to score it high -- whether it was T&A entertainment, or a groundbreaking work of entertainment. Because ... mission accomplished. If I wasn't entertained, I'm likely to score it low ... even if everybody swears this thing has artistic merit. Because unentertaining movies with 'artistic merit' failed the primary question worth asking in a review ...

tumblr_m21d1flzQ71qa0na7o1_500.gif

Pretense rarely impresses as many people as desired.

SnakeDoc

X Men: Apocalypse 7/10
High-Rise 9/10
The Witch 10/10...seen it now four times. My appreciation for it up climbs with each viewing it seems. No. 1 film of the year for me so far.

The Sting (1973) - 10/10

A classic with Newman and Redford. One of my favorites.

X-Men Apocalypse (2016) - 0/10

Not surprised I didn't enjoy this, like most every popular block buster or superhero flick coming out lately, the new Star Wars, marvel films, BVS, deadpool..

The Big Sleep (1946) - 9.8/10

An A+ private detective film noir starring Bogie and Bacall.

Inception (2010) - 6/10

Not my favorite Nolan movie, that goes to Memento, but enjoyable and a fun watch.

GET A JOB. Good cast Bryan Cranston , Miles Teller A quick comedy on getting jobs move's fast some comedy along the way give a 4. Enjoyed it, just a quick comedy nothing to special.

X Men Apocalypse: 5.5 / 10 - the only pieces of the film I found better then average were Quicksilver and Jean's "letting go"....everything else pretty average if not worse than average.

X-Men: First Class - 8,5/10

I never get tired of watchin' this awesome flick.
Not perfect at all but the good is TOO good!
If only it was part of MCU...

Back