RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see that you and I agree with the philosophy of "nothing is perfect". :hi5:
In my opinion, there's always room for improving everything. In this case here, you'll never find me giving any movie a 10/10. Even a movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

What about the classics? Are there any movies you'd rate 10/10? Just wondering. For me no modern movie will be a full 10/10 because of CGI. I hate it.

Civil War: 8/10
0pf4Xsy.jpg

a6QQzYi.gif

:monkey3

Glad to see that you and I agree with the philosophy of "nothing is perfect". :hi5:
In my opinion, there's always room for improving everything. In this case here, you'll never find me giving any movie a 10/10. Even a movie I thoroughly enjoyed.

But whose going to improve it? Who even knows what to improve most of the time? Usually, for me, if a film is good enough for a 9 it's good enough for a 10. I'll hold back a point if I do have a clear idea what wasn't quite right. Otherwise I'm not going to hold back a point 'just because'.

Just talking generally by the way. This isn't a reaction to any particular score anyone gave any film.

Last edited:

There are a few films I think of as "Perfect". Empire Strikes Back (not special edition) and Fellowhip of the Ring are two of them, that might even include Raging Bull. A movie being perfect is me saying there is no way I can think of to improve this film.

Jaws and Empire are perfect films for me. I have no issue giving films 10 out of 10. It means they have achieved classic status. Meaning I have seen them many times and they are still great, perfect or not. I have to consider how much a film entertains me when I do my rating also. Basically a film does not have to be perfectly made if it is perfectly entertaining. However Jaws And Empire do both perfectly.

Jaws and Empire are perfect films for me. I have no issue giving films 10 out of 10. It means they have achieved classic status. Meaning I have seen them many times and they are still great, perfect or not. I have to consider how much a film entertains me when I do my rating also. Basically a film does not have to be perfectly made if it is perfectly entertaining. However Jaws And Empire do both perfectly.

Yeah, I was speaking mainly of the films that have stood the test of time and never really get old - those are the ones I happily dish out 10s to. A brand new film, maybe I'd give a 10 if I enjoyed it tremendously but with the caveat that if the film doesn't stand up to repeat viewings my score would reduce over time.

Civil War - 98/100

I take a point away for just the Pepper portion. Still have no idea how she's fitting in this. Seems like they tossed her name in there for no reason. Seems pointless imo.

Other point is for how the recruiting point was very quick. No actual reasoning for each person.

Back