RATE or REVIEW The Last Movie You Watched.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oblivion

It starts very nicely, like a classic SF of old, welcoming viewers into its own interesting setting. Plus, I love all kinds of "I am Legend", last sentinel/lonely guardian type of stories and Tom Cruise's intensity comes into its own in those kind of roles. So when the movie began with shots of Cruise putting on a hat, holstering his pistol, slinging his rifle over his shoulder and going out into the field to work, I was 100% in. In fact, that's what the whole movie should have been about - two hours of Cruise riding on his white motorcycle around a SF, post-apocalyptic desolation, slowly uncovering some higher intrigue/plot. Unfortunetely as soon as Olga Kurylenko character is introduced, the whole movie turns into run of the mill, cookie cutter ****. Filled with stupidities, plot holes galore, cringe worthy dialogue and scenes, and just general shoddines. Plus the ending becomes a ridiculous mess of all kinds of SF tropes crudely mashed togheter. Overally though, I enjoyed it not only becouse of the good first half hour, but mainly becouse of fantastic, evocative visuals and music. Say what You will about Kosinski's writing skills, but he does know how to make a stunningly beautiful and visually evocative movies.

7/10

The Counselor

This movie is like an inbreed, retarted cousin of "No Country for Old Men", trying more or less to do the same things, but failing miserably in comparison. Its not as tragic as critics are saying, since I think most people didn't gave it a fighting chance becouse of its unwelcoming, nihilistic tone that doesn't vie for viewers sympathy (it can be quite emotionally moving becouse of its depressing ending), but overally its more miss than hit. And I am not sure if its the fault of McCarthy who might have lost his mojo here while switching from novels to screenplays, or is Ridley Scott to blame for taking Cormac's theatrical, pseudo-philosophical script and showing it as 100% literall, classical thriller (which doesn't suit it).

6/10

Warrior: 9/10
The Lone Ranger: 8/10 Yes it makes Mr. Ranger a little hokey, but it's Disney. Loved it. .... a bit long ....
Kick *** 2: 7/10 you're not watching this movie if you didn't enjoy the first. More of the same..... not a bad thing ...(unless you actually waste time informing yourself politically and consider yourself conservative/liberal and allow your soft mind to be manipulated by today's media and allow you to consider it may be too violet or the censorship may possibly infringe on your rights as a free citizen to express your ....... wah ... wah wah ... wah wah .......

007: Skyfall - 6/10: Skyfall had one of the more simplistic plot lines that I've seen of any Bond movie (and I've seen them all). It's not one of the best films in the series by far, but it's still enjoyable.

Agreed, nothing special. If anything it's extremely overrated. Plus It basically steals the majority of it's plot from Mission: Impossible. It has an awesome opening sequence though....

Agreed, nothing special. If anything it's extremely overrated. Plus It basically steals the majority of it's plot from Mission: Impossible. It has an awesome opening sequence though....

Pretty much.
For me, Skyfall was just more of the same, and I enjoyed that.
The media sure hyped the hell outta this movie though. :lol

Anchorman 2: 6/10 - I was really disappointed based on all the feedback from the forum. The first one was far more original and funny....but we did laugh so gave it points for that.

Back