Rank your favorite Freddy!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What's your favorite Freddy?

• A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

Votes: 57 42.5%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 2: Freddy's Revenge (1985)

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 3: Dream Warriors (1987)

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 4: The Dream Master (1988)

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street 5: The Dream Child (1989)

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Freddy's Dead: The Final Nightmare (1991)

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994)

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • Freddy vs. Jason (2003)

Votes: 18 13.4%
  • A Nightmare on Elm Street (2010) lol

Votes: 5 3.7%

• Total voters
I really Hope and pray they don't make a sequel to the tuna fish Freddy,

and, Friday the 13th that actually should get a sequel, they won't, someone told me the abortion freddy was getting a sequel, complete rumor but that pissed me off, even as a rumor, I really wanted to see Jason get a sequel to the remake

Why remake it to begin with? Particularly when you then cast someone who isn't all that much younger than Robert Englund anyway. That'd be my first question. Just because you can do something, that doesn't mean that you should.

Thing is, if you are going to go down that path then they could have relaunched the series without the need to retell the same exact story (only worse) all over again, but much like the wretched Halloween remake, they screwed the pooch in pretty much every concievable way on this one. And the result is truly horrific, and not in a good way.

Now I'm not actually against our modern horror icons being re-invented to freshen them for a new audience, I actually think that it can be done, and if done right and with respect and care it can even be a healthy thing over the long term. But it has to be done with care and attention and both a respect for the originals, as well as a true vision in making those character live and breath and be relevant again in the world we live in today.

Hammer managed to do that with the Universal monsters back in the day, giving us fresh but worthy new versions of Frankenstein, Dracula, Wolfman, Phantom of the Opera and The Mummy, and so on, and in the right hands the torch can be passed, and we could do something similar with out modern horror icons in order to ensure that they remain alive and vibrant and iconic for just as long as the classic monsters have.

Problem is, the people making all these ____ty remakes are purely in it for the money, and see these characters as little more than brand names they can exploit and quickly profit on, then move along to the next, rinse and repeat, all the while taking the easiest cut 'n paste approach possible in order to maximise hype and short term profits, without ever bothering to really take the time to create anything of worth, that can give fans a new experience, while also respecting the originals. There is no artistry or creativity or respect or integrity involved, it is all a very calculated money making exercise. Take a character, follow the formula, dispose of when audiences no longer make crappy remake sequels viable, then move on to the next and start all over again. These people are a plague on horror and horror fans.

With the right people in charge we should be getting remakes along the lines of Carpenter's The Thing, Cronenberg's The Fly, Kaufman's Invasion of the Bodysnatchers, and those Hammer Horrors that I mentioned. Because the characters are iconic and interesting, the stories that can be told with them can be mythic and scary and relevant. But instead we are getting lazy crap made by hacks who care little about the charcters and even less about audiences. It's nothing but a cinematic rape and pillage act, as it has gotten really fricken old.

Do something worthwhile, or leave these iconic characters and properties in peace. Sorry about the rant. :lol:

I couldn't have said it better. The people that made the original movies did it for the love of it, not because they saw it as a way to make millions. They didn't rely on big names and huge budgets to make great entertainment that will last for generations. They just don't get it these days, and probably never will.

I couldn't have said it better. The people that made the original movies did it for the love of it, not because they saw it as a way to make millions. They didn't rely on big names and huge budgets to make great entertainment that will last for generations. They just don't get it these days, and probably never will.

well even if they want to make it for the money, they could make a good movie
maybe I might be the only one but I really liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I thought it was good, not as good as the original but good,
same with the Jason remake, total cash remake but it was really good
I also Liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, I know a lot of people hate it but it was a good movie,
there are others, other cash grabs remakes but they manage to be good

the problem is when Studios want to make Cash Grab movies and they hire really mediocre writers and directors, this Nightmare remake Could have been good given the right direction and a better story, it wouldnt be that hard really
what really amazes me is how Someone can mess up with something when there is already a history and a method to that something, like, when there is a method of making a certain franchise and the people making it go against that method, which happened here,
this is just a bad movie, remake or not, is just really bad

well even if they want to make it for the money, they could make a good movie
maybe I might be the only one but I really liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, I thought it was good, not as good as the original but good,
same with the Jason remake, total cash remake but it was really good
I also Liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, I know a lot of people hate it but it was a good movie,
there are others, other cash grabs remakes but they manage to be good

the problem is when Studios want to make Cash Grab movies and they hire really mediocre writers and directors, this Nightmare remake Could have been good given the right direction and a better story, it wouldnt be that hard really
what really amazes me is how Someone can mess up with something when there is already a history and a method to that something, like, when there is a method of making a certain franchise and the people making it go against that method, which happened here,
this is just a bad movie, remake or not, is just really bad

Both of you are right.
I am a great Freddy fan but with the remakes they smell the money but New Line Cinema wanted to make more cash after the first Nightmare.
Why New line Cinema makes 7 nightmares?
Because the first one brought big bucks.
Twenty of Thirty years ago the film company s wanna making big money thats a old habbit

:exactly: Where has the love gone.

What's your favorite Freddy? I thought the character was most refined in Freddy Vs Jason.

freddy-krueger.jpg

I actually voted for Freddy from part 2. Not the best movie but I thought Freddy was real evil in that one.

That being said, Freddy in FVJ was GREAT! I mean he was so evil in that one he made Jason come across as the good guy. His jokes had an evilness to them and were not just one liners. Sure the first Freddy was the first but I thought he seemed more evil in the two films I mentioned.

Freddy was good in Dream Warriors but the Jokes started to become to campy. Freddy pretty much sucked after that until FvJ came along.

Freddy vs. Jason is great, he's almost a perfect mix of evil and dark humor. I really need to pull out the DVD's and give them a good watching again.

Freddy vs. Jason is great, he's almost a perfect mix of evil and dark humor. I really need to pull out the DVD's and give them a good watching again.

one of my favorite movies, I thought it was so great, the kills are kind of stupid the only fail i see (the bed kill and the way they kill the girl from destiny's child were pretty cheesy looking)
but the movie was so cool, Visually is freaking beautiful to watch, Jason and freddy look great, the sets looked great too, the lighting, I liked the story too, a lot of people had problems with it but I enjoyed it,

plus, Both Freddy and Jason have way worst crap than this movie, i can't agree when some people say this is the worst jason/ freddy movie they saw...:slap

one of my favorite movies, I thought it was so great, the kills are kind of stupid the only fail i see (the bed kill and the way they kill the girl from destiny's child were pretty cheesy looking)
but the movie was so cool, Visually is freaking beautiful to watch, Jason and freddy look great, the sets looked great too, the lighting, I liked the story too, a lot of people had problems with it but I enjoyed it,

plus, Both Freddy and Jason have way worst crap than this movie, i can't agree when some people say this is the worst jason/ freddy movie they saw...:slap

if I could "like" this comment I would.

FvJ has, in my opinion, a non-deserved bad reputation. It's a very fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously and I enjoyed that alot.

The final fight at the the end is pretty badass, and even though I am a big Freddy fan, one can't help rooting for Jason (is it wrong rooting for a homicidal serial-killer?)

I haven't watched a lot of the Friday movies after part 6, so I can't judge how bad the Jason movies are. But FvJ is nowhere as bad as Freddy's Dead, I would rate the remake higher than that stinker.

FvJ has, in my opinion, a non-deserved bad reputation. It's a very fun movie that doesn't take itself too seriously and I enjoyed that alot.

The final fight at the the end is pretty badass, and even though I am a big Freddy fan, one can't help rooting for Jason (is it wrong rooting for a homicidal serial-killer?)

I haven't watched a lot of the Friday movies after part 6, so I can't judge how bad the Jason movies are. But FvJ is nowhere as bad as Freddy's Dead, I would rate the remake higher than that stinker.

If you could cut out the "pinball" scene, it would be near perfect 80's cheese.

I would say Watch Part 7, that one is great, then Don't bother with the rest, got worst and worst after 7,
If you could cut out the "pinball" scene, it would be near perfect 80's cheese.

lol...I rather liked that scene haha, the only thing I wish i could change is the way Kia died, lamest death, Jason should have cut her in half, the caterpillar did not look great either, they should have gone with something else,
but I still Love watching this movie, Is so much fun

I really wish They did a sequel or something else with other slashers...

all of them. Love em all least would have to be wes cravens new nightmare and obviously the 2011. But nothing comes close to the original. He is scariest, mean and fkn deadly. My vote goes to 1984.

BlooDSheD

I liked the pinball scene, too. It reminded me of the silly humor that was so cool in the original Freddy movies. :lol

The problem with the modern stuff is the overemphasis on making the gore look real.

The overdone blood and silly gore was almost comical in the original, and one of the reasons they were so attractive to me.

Good thread - always liked the Dream Warrior Freddy with the New Nightmare being a close second. Also, Even thought I think the remake was unnecessary, I really dig the makeup work on Jakie Earl.

Back