Which video game character would you like to see as a collectible figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think one of the reasons some figures not selling well is that advertising is hidden from the casual fans. I know we hide things bc of copyright but planned marketing still can be done on social media,especially on Twitter.
Very true, but I also remember back in the day what happened with the 2 third party Assassin Creed figures from like 10 years ago or whatever it was. Figures looked pretty good for the time and when it got out in the world, "fans" started messaging Ubi-Soft like crazy asking it they were licenesed and if so, why aren't they being advertised and made widely available, which then caused UbiSoft to get those figures shut down and those of us who PO'd lost money. The FireFigures Brotherhood Ezio never saw they light of day nor did they take money, but the Edward Kenway was like over $300 for the deluxe figure with special base, fullsize canon and tons of other accessories; but, once they got shut down by UbiSoft AFTER the PO window and money was already exchanged, many of us lost that money though some were able to get their money back think. I was one of the losers in that situation though :LOL:

So, because of all that, it sorta doesn't surprise me that videogame figures try to run under the rader. Maybe gaming companies care more about unlicensed stuff than movie studios and therefore are quicker to take action? idk the answer, just speculating

Very true, but I also remember back in the day what happened with the 2 third party Assassin Creed figures from like 10 years ago or whatever it was. Figures looked pretty good for the time and when it got out in the world, "fans" started messaging Ubi-Soft like crazy asking it they were licenesed and if so, why aren't they being advertised and made widely available, which then caused UbiSoft to get those figures shut down and those of us who PO'd lost money. The FireFigures Brotherhood Ezio never saw they light of day nor did they take money, but the Edward Kenway was like over $300 for the deluxe figure with special base, fullsize canon and tons of other accessories; but, once they got shut down by UbiSoft AFTER the PO window and money was already exchanged, many of us lost that money though some were able to get their money back think. I was one of the losers in that situation though :LOL:

So, because of all that, it sorta doesn't surprise me that videogame figures try to run under the rader. Maybe gaming companies care more about unlicensed stuff than movie studios and therefore are quicker to take action? idk the answer, just speculating
That makes sense but promotion needs a smarter plan, it must be only informative,no sales. Ubisoft can sit on their weird licensed figures,I wouldn't even take them as a gift lol I think it depends on the company, I'm sure most of the game developers know about this market without trolls noting them.

Soo Soo is doing exactly that on IG.
If you know you know.
Screenshot_20221126-052225_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
He was one of our most requested figures so I wouldn't exactly agree with that, overall it just seems like video game figures are selling less and less no doubt due to the current economic situation so most gamers are buying even less merch and 1/6 collectors are mainly sticking to lines they collect like MCU or Star Wars.

I suppose Nate will be a litmus test to see how well these characters will keep doing but I have my doubts he will fare any better than John in which case there's no point in continuing putting in the money we do into these and we will either have to quit doing them all together or drastically change our plans to make these more affordable, a lot of people love to complain that video games and other mediums don't get enough love in collecting but when licensed or unlicensed superhero stuff is all that sells in this business it becomes incresingly hard to justify putting in the ammount of work and money we do in video game figures if only a few hundred people will buy them, meanwhile the new superhero figure will easily sell thousands.
This was only my hypothesis back then, but then you confirmed it as a guy who works in the industry. Video game figure is always on the low popularity. Not as many people relate to it, not like movie characters. And I always thought good design helps. Armor looking or robot looking are always popular in Asian market. That’s why Iron Man always gets a repaints of all kind.

I have to add another character here ..

Mad Moxxi from Borderlands lol
forgot to add her in my list.

Aaaaaand .. Travis Touchdown from No More Heroes. (cause Im playing it right now)

Someone give me Shepard, Liara and best space bro Garrus in 1/6 and I'll die a happy man...
View attachment 568859

This. My first ME game was ME3, and I went into it with 0 expectations. One of the best single and multi player games combined I've ever played. I used to be aimbot good with the headshots til I got neck damage that threw off my coordination. Good memories. One of EAs rare shining titles that wasn't just a money mill game.

Mass Effect is painfully lacking a presence in my display for sure.

& With Callisto Protocol falling short of my hopes, I'm pinning them on the Dead Space remake. Isaac is another figure I've wanted in 1/6, but I didn't want the DS3 version. I'm stoked about the remake. I hope that i.p. finally gets the attention it deserves. I want a TV show, too.

I just wish one day we could see something from the Yakuza series, such a great game especially Yakuza 0 which they put all their heart in it.

I would really LOVE and I bet many would too, having Kyriu and Majima together. I mean, they look cool as heck and imposing as hell.

I mean really, for me, these 2 would look so cool in our collection, side by side.

Attachments

• a53cead5a7dfe86d6923517c65d50f83.jpg
    a53cead5a7dfe86d6923517c65d50f83.jpg
    833.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 0147625e46e68cb97e7bd04a09d7bbc0.jpg
    0147625e46e68cb97e7bd04a09d7bbc0.jpg
    869.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 9a94633ec7b5217f3065293d51aa044f.jpg
    9a94633ec7b5217f3065293d51aa044f.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
1181242126219.jpg

798j18.jpg

798mkk.jpg

Ok they weren't even in the game, but because of the mini-comic, I imagined them on the Liberator.

Last edited:
Someone really needs to give us the ultimate Assassin's Creed figure

View attachment 620633
I guess you missed the Hot Toys release some years ago when they did Ezio from AC2? It’s a beautiful figure. The coat tails are shorter, the boots are more visible and it’s gray, decorated and with red highlights. It’s every bit the figure you posted here be it a little different. You might be aware of him but in the event that you aren’t it’s a cool figure you might be interested in. Just do a search for Hot Toys Ezio or Assassin’s Creed and he’ll show up in abundance on a Google search. 👍🏼 Cheers Mate~

I guess you missed the Hot Toys release some years ago when they did Ezio from AC2? It’s a beautiful figure. The coat tails are shorter, the boots are more visible and it’s gray, decorated and with red highlights. It’s every bit the figure you posted here be it a little different. You might be aware of him but in the event that you aren’t it’s a cool figure you might be interested in. Just do a search for Hot Toys Ezio or Assassin’s Creed and he’ll show up in abundance on a Google search. 👍🏼 Cheers Mate~
Thanks for the reply! I definitely missed it as I just recently started collecting but I knew about it, such nice piece, I was literally just watching an unboxing video of it. :lol I wanted to get the Hot Toys one or the Damtoys version however I really love Connor Kenway so I'm still looking for that first.

I know there was a 3rd party company trying to do Ezio from Brotherhood a few years ago and if I'm not wrong they got a C&D from ubisoft or something like that and that was it.

Thanks for the reply! I definitely missed it as I just recently started collecting but I knew about it, such nice piece, I was literally just watching an unboxing video of it. :lol I wanted to get the Hot Toys one or the Damtoys version however I really love Connor Kenway so I'm still looking for that first.

I know there was a 3rd party company trying to do Ezio from Brotherhood a few years ago and if I'm not wrong they got a C&D from ubisoft or something like that and that was it.
I just looked at Altair from DamToys. On first look the costume is nearly identical minus the wrist gauntlets. I was surprised he was so close to the image you posted. If I were wanting an AC figure I might work on getting the DamToys and make some custom bracers and maybe even a head sculpt down the road. At least it would be something on the shelf to enjoy seeing even if he’s not your favorite character. You might be in for a very long wait if he even gets made. With his costume being so close to Altair’s I wouldn’t think he will. That’s just a personal opinion.

I just fairly recently finished playing Origins. Really enjoyed it. Don’t care for Valhalla as much. Didn’t get too far. Played the original and got board to death way before the end. Hadn’t played since the first game and picked up Origins a few months ago on a buddy’s recommendation. Glad I did. They changed a lot, made better story lines and gave us more to do. It was a cool game. I love Egypt and that time period of history.

Good luck in your pursuit.

I'd love to see a figure of Deacon St John from Days Gone.

View attachment 601580
I’ve got Deacon and a NERO Soldier standing together. I will post a few pics for you. You’ll enjoy seeing them. I hand painted all of his tattoos. I’m currently working on O’Brian and only need to finish his hood to have him done. 👍🏼

Last edited:
Back