Rank the Spider-Man movies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite SM movie?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1.) SM1 - Everything about it, I absolutely loved. It was the comic brought to life as it was always meant to be. Even the Green Goblin costume which so many people maligned as a "power ranger" outfit, I saw rather differently. Again, the Green Goblin is my favorite Marvel character, and I adored the outfit. I saw it as body armor, that he was outfitting himself to be the most fearsome and insurmountable foe NYC has ever seen. The customized helmet was the icing on the cake, personally. They even used very strict source material for the design of the mask.
511t3Pt%2B2wL._SS500_.jpg

The scene which instantly rocketed the already sterling film into my all-time favorites list is the conversation between Norman and the Goblin in front of the fireplace, with the Goblin mask perched atop the armchair. Brilliant.

2.) SM2 - What's not to like? Joel Siegel likely put it best when he said it set a new standard for the comic movie genre. Again, though, it comes down the the Villain, for me (surprise, surprise). Doc Ock was fantastic, and set apart well from the Goblin in terms of his motivation. I've said it before, the Goblin fully embraces what it means to be a villain, he knows that being the foil compelled by vice is buried deem within his soul. Every fiber of the Green Goblin's being is directed towards furthering his agenda to be the undisputed colossus of the criminal world. With Doc Ock, there's now a grey area. Sure, the guy's insane, but there are degrees to insanity, for example, while the Goblin's insanity brings him to do heinous deeds in service to his own narcissism, Octavius is trying to advance the good of all mankind... he just realizes he needs to break a few rules to get there first. There's a virtuous man with an "ends justifies the means" POV, and the Goblin who is willing to walk over as many corpses as he has to in order to reach his goal.

3.) SM3 - Well, this is the great film that could-have-been. The only thing, surprisingly, the ONLY thing that killed the movie for me was emo Parker. I found the Sandman entirely sympathetic, looking to fund his daughter's good health. Venom? Well, as is the complaint most people have, he just had too little screen time. I know Topher Grace wasn't the Eddie Brock everyone was expecting, but he was still good in the part. If Venom had come into the movie much sooner, I think many would have enjoyed it much more. Also, while it was nice to see Harry take up the mantle of the Goblin while haunted by the specter of his father, I think it was a bit much to see his fall from grace and then ascension and death all in the same film. It was just too much packed into too little time. Still enjoy it though, just that I feel we could have pulled a "Matrix sequels" there. Now I know some of you aren't going to agree, but I think it could have been a continuing narrative over two movies. That many actually have worked better and not have seemed like villain overload. Green Goblin II, Sandman, Venom, and Symbiote Spidey all sharing the same 2 hour story... it was a bit too much.

No love for Spidey 3 yet :lol

Well, I wouldn't necessarily take that as hate for #3. The poll asked which one people like best, not which one people don't hate ;).

For me, it's

I always prefer 'non-origin" stories, so #2 has more "a day in the life of the Friendly Neighborhood Spider-man" feel for me.

And personally, I think #3 is a lot better than some people give it credit for, and much of what is "wrong" with it is the fault of the studio, not the director.

Novice posting here....:monkey5 After I saw Spidey 3 last year I thought maybe they should have Brock become Venom @ the end of the movie so he can be the main villian in Spidey 4. I dunno...:duh:D

I voted Spiderman 2 all the way! As much as I loved the first one, the second was that much better.

I really loved Spider-Man 1 and 2. I don't hate Spider-Man 3 but there's no way it's better than the first two movies, which is why there's only one vote for it. Anyway the only reason I liked 1 better than 2 is I prefer the Green Goblin as a villain to Doc Ock. Although the good doctor was better realised on screen.

Spidey 2 was the best so far

as for Spidey 3 :yuck

sadly not looking forward to 4 5 or 6......

2, 1, and then 3 by a long distance. I couldn't stomach anything about 3...just awful. Sadly, I'm not looking forward to 4 and 5....or a Venom standalone movie if it's to be anything like 3.

Back