Just sold off entire hot toys Iron Man collection and switch to King Arts.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree that some of the HT HP armors are a better deal, but if you compare releases like the Mark 45 and 46 HT are close to $350 retail while KA is around $160. That's a big difference. Of course better deals may come around on both in time.

I consider KA on a case by case basis as I think HT is overrated in some respects.

Plus King Arts just cancelled some of their HPP figures, didn't they? So you'd be out of luck collecting that set, while HT seems to be pushing forward ev

Yep. And king arts doesn't have the human figures to choose from, the soft goods and they are just starting out. The things you dislike with hot toys will happen with king arts. As they grow (if they keep the figures) they will be forced to do things like not offer light up bases (or just cancel the figures like they did) and things like that. Just the way it works. King arts is on their first four year marvel 1/9 license and have stated publicly multiple times that they figures have turned out to be much harder to produce and cost much more money then they anticipated. Right now they are trying to tap into the market and putting out as much as they can with as much included as they can. Eventually that won't work as a long term plan. They will have to achieve a balance.

I like king arts figures, but if you compare a hot toys side by side the level of detail isn't as good as the OP makes it seem. They are fantastic for a 1/9 scale figure. But just as hot toys 1/4 iron man have more detail then their 1/6, hot toys 1/6 has noticeably more detail then KA 1/9. Prices will also grow. Just the way of business. King arts hulkbuster is, msrp, within a few dollars of hot toys. Some of their HPP figures are pretty close 25-50 dollars of hot toys.

And then there's the market and license issues. If they grow Disney/marvel can make sure bbts and any USA/Europe dealer that wants to sell licensed goods can't sell their products. Look at what happened with XM and dealers. As KA does not have the legal right to sell products in the USA. So if hot toys, or sideshow, or CMC or the new IA owners want to say it's not fair then anyone who wants to buy from ssc would have to not carry king arts. All it takes is one phone call. So just be aware that king arts may not have the same availability and may cost much more in the future.

Back