Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

I was right with you with everything you said. Until I got to this part.

Seriously? With the 'RM whisperers' BS again? This was a term coined by one or two members that was based on absolutely **** all and has now seemed to stick as a go to point for people in any given RM thread. Didn't expect that from you either I must say man.

If you read the thread you will see that Lee told me he had 'almost decided' on Regan as he likes making horrible characters. I have never pursuaded him either way as I am done with high end custom art figures and also have ZERO interest in this anyway. In fact I told him the majority were actually favouring Hook and Duke however he has chosen Regan. As it stands.

Not confirmed nor was it said it was confirmed: hence no thread yet.

Hope that clears it up. :duff

Please go confirm it with him and get that thread rockin bro!

I'm just waiting to hear back from him man but don't want to push him as he's really busy with Jack. :duff

Can't see it changing in all honesty though. He seemed pretty set on it.

I'm just waiting to hear back from him man but don't want to push him as he's really busy with Jack. :duff

Can't see it changing in all honesty though. He seemed pretty set on it.

Hope so. I've been bothering him kinda lol. Fingers crossed

hmmm...I understand your potential anger...but please understand that it was just me ribbing or joking in my whole commentary....I really never pay attention to the "whispering" or such just because I find it comical....sorry that you took it the wrong way buddy...it wasn't meant as that...to be honest...I had forgotten that RM had mentioned something to you and did not feel like going back to find out what freak on here was the one...(turns out it was you)...so I blame my laziness on not wanting to read all the previous posts from the first pages...:)...

now hook...that's character I could get behind...:)

...either way...and again this is my opinion...but why would you want to have something stare back at you that was based on what could very well have roots in actual evil...?...

The people who aren't so bothered by this and feel differently could easily ask the opposite question. Why are you so creeped out or scared of it? I'm sure those same people like the fiction behind things like Chucky, Annabelle, Puppet Master and the like, but know that dolls don't come to life to kill or haunt our homes, so we're not bothered by having these type of collectibles.

Horror isn't a genre for everyone and not everyone has the stomach for some of the heavier movies. Some people really like the fictional ideas and mythology that come from the genre, others don't. Personally I like possession movies and aside from The Exorcist I've liked the majority of the ones that have come out over the last 10-15 years. I also like things like Evil Dead, Paranormal Activity and many other similar movies. Even though they never exactly name the Devil, everything in those movies are suggested to be in association. Then there are movies like The Omen, most Rob Zombie movies and the Hellraisers which say it more blatantly. I don't think liking movies that deal with that type of subject matter makes me a bad Catholic or that I'm opening the door and inviting evil spirits. God knows my faith is with him and that I just like messed up movies :lol. They're just movies and it's just mythology. Mythology of a darker tone than other mythologies, but fiction none the less at the end of the day.

I was right with you with everything you said. Until I got to this part.

Seriously? With the 'RM whisperers' BS again? This was a term coined by one or two members that was based on absolutely **** all and has now seemed to stick as a go to point for people in any given RM thread. Didn't expect that from you either I must say man.

If you read the thread you will see that Lee told me he had 'almost decided' on Regan as he likes making horrible characters. I have never pursuaded him either way as I am done with high end custom art figures and also have ZERO interest in this anyway. In fact I told him the majority were actually favouring Hook and Duke however he has chosen Regan. As it stands.

Not confirmed nor was it said it was confirmed: hence no thread yet.

Hope that clears it up. :duff

I'm not saying that you had any part of this (but I'd kiss you if you did), but let's be honest Tim, the term did stem from somewhere. It wouldn't exactly be accurate to say that there wasn't ever any influence from select handful of boardies. Not saying that it's a bad thing either. For the most part I see mostly positive results historically, but it has caused it's waves as well. Just saying the term was born for a reason but I don't think you should be offended by it as I don't think Joel was aiming it directly at you

So if this does get confirmed, I'm assuming that we're looking at a fully articulated figure and the bed, right? I'm assuming that these are aspects that would meet the challenge he's after, yes?

The people who aren't so bothered by this and feel differently could easily ask the opposite question. Why are you so creeped out or scared of it? I'm sure those same people like the fiction behind things like Chucky, Annabelle, Puppet Master and the like, but know that dolls don't come to life to kill or haunt our homes, so we're not bothered by having these type of collectibles.
I suspect it is because the film itself is so haunting and effective. You can almost imagine that it's real, and many probably due feel there is some truth to it, seeing as how it is based on "actual" events, and "real" possessions happen, etc. That all makes it more disturbing than the vast majority of other horror characters, and would make people more uncomfortable with it. I personally wouldn't treat it any differently than any other horror character, but I can see how that specific film gives off a certain vibe and mood that could hit closer to home than others, for those of a Christian persuasion particularly. I would personally be more uncomfortable with a figure of a fictional, violent rapist like Alex on my shelf, though.

hmmm...I understand your potential anger...but please understand that it was just me ribbing or joking in my whole commentary....I really never pay attention to the "whispering" or such just because I find it comical....sorry that you took it the wrong way buddy...it wasn't meant as that...to be honest...I had forgotten that RM had mentioned something to you and did not feel like going back to find out what freak on here was the one...(turns out it was you)...so I blame my laziness on not wanting to read all the previous posts from the first pages...:)...

now hook...that's character I could get behind...:)

No problem man. I probably did take it the wrong way. Been a long day. :lol

:peace:

Mike. Totally. It did stem from somewhere there is no discounting that.

What I am discounting though is the people that use it as a snide derogatory term as in people were doing it for themselves. Whenever I or my good mate WERE actually in contact with Lee helping with suggestions and refs it was ALWAYS getting the most popular characters made for the fan base as a collective.

That's all. :duff

Regan would need her own display box with full William Friedkin lighting effect. Unless you want other figures to break one by one with their heads turned backwards...

actually...mine is not related from a religious POV...but moreso from a logical "un explainable" event that happened in my presence many years ago...the fact that I couldn't explain it....scared the crap out of me...possession is unexplainable but a machete wielding character...is...easy enough to decipher...

I suspect it is because the film itself is so haunting and effective. You can almost imagine that it's real, and many probably due feel there is some truth to it, seeing as how it is based on "actual" events, and "real" possessions happen, etc. That all makes it more disturbing than the vast majority of other horror characters, and would make people more uncomfortable with it. I personally wouldn't treat it any differently than any other horror character, but I can see how that specific film gives off a certain vibe and mood that could hit closer to home than others, for those of a Christian persuasion particularly. I would personally be more uncomfortable with a figure of a fictional, violent rapist like Alex on my shelf, though.

No, I totally get it's the weight of the film (which is what makes it so damn good) that may even creep out some horror fans. I get why people are creeped out, I was just offering the different point of view of those who aren't. And really I'm just ribbing those who are a little a-scared to have it in the house :lol. Two different philosophies and different strokes for different folks as always. And I understand how it can conflict with some people's faith, I just don't personally see it that way as a Catholic myself.

Mike. Totally. It did stem from somewhere there is no discounting that.

What I am discounting though is the people that use it as a snide derogatory term as in people were doing it for themselves. Whenever I or my good mate WERE actually in contact with Lee helping with suggestions and refs it was ALWAYS getting the most popular characters made for the fan base as a collective.

That's all. :duff

I'm with ya. You and you're bud aren't the only ones and while it all may have caused some clashing at different times, I think that we all can go to Rainman's site, look over his catalog and agree it's all the better because of this forum :duff

Every individual is going to have their own take on a film and read into it whatever they want, but i do struggle to see how anyone could consider the Exorcist to be carrying some sort of negative aura along with it. It's ultimately a film about faith, right?

Blatty believed that a story about "what happens in these cases could really be a boost to the faith. It could show people that the spiritual world is real."

Shortly after the movie opened, a Jesuit priest told him that he witnessed a "thundering herd of people headed into the confessionals" and Blatty was delighted by that, because his original intention was always to reinvigorate the notion of 'faith' by writing an "apostolate of the pen."

Although the surface fireworks rest on elements such as the possession of a little girl and defilement of the family home, the real crux of the story is Father Karras suffering and fighting through a crisis of faith.

"Karras has started to doubt his own humanity," said Blatty. "He is the ultimate target of this demonic attack. The devil is tempting him to despair."

In the novel, it's made explicit that "...the point is to make us ... see ourselves as ultimately bestial, vile and putrescent; without dignity; ugly; unworthy. And there lies the heart of it, perhaps. For I think belief in God is not a matter of reason at all; I think it finally is a matter of love: of accepting the possibility that God could ever love us."

By the end of the movie, Karras has come to let go of the near all-consuming guilt and grief he feels over his mother and which has led him to doubt that he (and people in general) could ever be deserving of Gods love. Only by coming face to face with pure evil was he able to reopen his eyes, rise above rational doubts and take a (literal) leap of faith....right out the window like, but never mind.

Blatty's (perhaps naive) hope was that, after it had all sunk in, moviegoers might see beyond the surface shocks and special effects to find themselves following a similar spiritual path to Karras, or at least come to contemplate some of the same questions:

"My logic was simple: If demons are real, why not angels? If angels are real, why not souls? And if souls are real, what about your own soul?"

Then again, i could just be talking out of my ass. I mean, i'm not religious at all, so what do i really know of the reasoning behind it? Maybe I'm just excited at the prospect of Rainman pulling off a possessed, pea soup pewking, pre-pubescent with a 'potty mouth' and i'm eager for people to not put a dampener on it's potential realisation?

As for 'explaining to kids'? I'd just use it as a cautionary tale: 'Either cut the crap and get yourself to bed or THIS is what you're going to turn into....A junior version of Jackie Stallone'.

Hey Popcultkid just call me out buddy! Yeah I'm scared so what? Why don't you go take a deuce on a sacred graveyard and see what happens! This stuff is for reals man. This is stuff that makes grown man Pee their pants. This movie and the movie Magic about the dummy has scared me.

OMG so much drama in this thread, there is more drama about Regan than the 18 reality shows my girlfriend watches!! Its actually extremely amusing!!!! No matter what character Rm is doing, someone is going to say not but do this character, no but do that one…. When I first say a movie screen shot of Regan I was like hummmmm, incredible horror movie(that I haven't seen in ages) but I was picturing this in my detolf, and then I saw the pic I posted a few pages ago and I was like WOW, so sick, The scariest face ever, Creeps people the F out. That face is pure Horror. This movie was so creepy and disturbing esp. to come out in the 70's, it will always be a classic. And To Linda to act possessed WOW, give that woman an oscar!!!! Go Regan!!!! I think Hook scares me more than Regan because as a grown man If I were to watch that movie I wouldn't feel right because its only going to entertain a 10 year old(so yes great movie when I was 10).

TMM27HANNIBAL1_a_434295c.jpg

the-exorcist-reagan.jpg

478bc24d4c4bd6bd5bc5354e1b702ff9e02408a06314539ac4f9ccb68d75c189_large

How about Rainman making a figure of "Rainman" Dustin Hoffman from the movie.

Back