Rainmans next project: the girl possessed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Rainman wants you!

Hey Popcultkid just call me out buddy! Yeah I'm scared so what? Why don't you go take a deuce on a sacred graveyard and see what happens! This stuff is for reals man. This is stuff that makes grown man Pee their pants. This movie and the movie Magic about the dummy has scared me.

You think I bought you all those purdy pink panties just because you look so cute in them? I figured when you wee-weed one you'd have spares

:lol:lol Come on, I'm just messing around with you guys. Believe me, I totally get why people wouldn't want to own a collectible or why people may steer clear of this movie altogether. It's heavy duty, there's no doubt about that. I've seen it umpteen times and admittedly it creeps me out every time. But that's what makes horror fans, horror fans. We like to be creeped out

Every individual is going to have their own take on a film and read into it whatever they want, but i do struggle to see how anyone could consider the Exorcist to be carrying some sort of negative aura along with it. It's ultimately a film about faith, right?

Blatty believed that a story about "what happens in these cases could really be a boost to the faith. It could show people that the spiritual world is real."

Shortly after the movie opened, a Jesuit priest told him that he witnessed a "thundering herd of people headed into the confessionals" and Blatty was delighted by that, because his original intention was always to reinvigorate the notion of 'faith' by writing an "apostolate of the pen."

Although the surface fireworks rest on elements such as the possession of a little girl and defilement of the family home, the real crux of the story is Father Karras suffering and fighting through a crisis of faith.

"Karras has started to doubt his own humanity," said Blatty. "He is the ultimate target of this demonic attack. The devil is tempting him to despair."

In the novel, it's made explicit that "...the point is to make us ... see ourselves as ultimately bestial, vile and putrescent; without dignity; ugly; unworthy. And there lies the heart of it, perhaps. For I think belief in God is not a matter of reason at all; I think it finally is a matter of love: of accepting the possibility that God could ever love us."

By the end of the movie, Karras has come to let go of the near all-consuming guilt and grief he feels over his mother and which has led him to doubt that he (and people in general) could ever be deserving of Gods love. Only by coming face to face with pure evil was he able to reopen his eyes, rise above rational doubts and take a (literal) leap of faith....right out the window like, but never mind.

Blatty's (perhaps naive) hope was that, after it had all sunk in, moviegoers might see beyond the surface shocks and special effects to find themselves following a similar spiritual path to Karras, or at least come to contemplate some of the same questions:

"My logic was simple: If demons are real, why not angels? If angels are real, why not souls? And if souls are real, what about your own soul?"

Then again, i could just be talking out of my ass. I mean, i'm not religious at all, so what do i really know of the reasoning behind it? Maybe I'm just excited at the prospect of Rainman pulling off a possessed, pea soup pewking, pre-pubescent with a 'potty mouth' and i'm eager for people to not put a dampener on it's potential realisation?

As for 'explaining to kids'? I'd just use it as a cautionary tale: 'Either cut the crap and get yourself to bed or THIS is what you're going to turn into....A junior version of Jackie Stallone'.

Indeed. Like mostl great movies, there are much deeper messages and it can't be taken for surface value

OMG so much drama in this thread, there is more drama about Regan than the 18 reality shows my girlfriend watches!! Its actually extremely amusing!!!! No matter what character Rm is doing, someone is going to say not but do this character, no but do that one…. When I first say a movie screen shot of Regan I was like hummmmm, incredible horror movie(that I haven't seen in ages) but I was picturing this in my detolf, and then I saw the pic I posted a few pages ago and I was like WOW, so sick, The scariest face ever, Creeps people the F out. That face is pure Horror. This movie was so creepy and disturbing esp. to come out in the 70's, it will always be a classic. And To Linda to act possessed WOW, give that woman an oscar!!!! Go Regan!!!! I think Hook scares me more than Regan because as a grown man If I were to watch that movie I wouldn't feel right because its only going to entertain a 10 year old(so yes great movie when I was 10).

You think this is drama? You've missed the good ol' days. Hopefully that kind of drama is behind us and and we can continue with mild debates like this

You think this is drama? You've missed the good ol' days. Hopefully that kind of drama is behind us and and we can continue with mild debates like this
No kidding! This is all light, good-humored banter compared to the wars that raged in just about every other Rainman-related thread, ever :lol

I remember when you guys were arguing about Plainview's clothing the quail or the Charcoal. The actual figure came out amazing but I still think the Charcoal was more memorable. Now we have both versions, I had no clue what the hell you guys were talking about , I just jumped on board at the end of Taxi Driver... But I did dig through some back threads and there was some good arguments. Started on the forms in 2012 but I was looking at Sideshow Star Wars rubbish..... Till I met Popcultkid and he showed me the world of customs!!!!

crypt.jpg

Look at her face? The makeup that went into doing that. The chills that it gives you when you see her....who wouldn't want this?? Would love to see Rainman attack this and add it to his collection of brilliant work.

Why anybody would want that is beyond me, but cool for those that do :duff

No kidding! This is all light, good-humored banter compared to the wars that raged in just about every other Rainman-related thread, ever :lol

I was trying to figure out where the actual drama was....some of the other threads tho.....WARS!!!...lol

It's nice when we can put some differences we have with each other aside, and discuss the others like gentlemen

I hope this time of peace is long lasting :lol

I remember when you guys were arguing about Plainview's clothing the quail or the Charcoal. The actual figure came out amazing but I still think the Charcoal was more memorable. Now we have both versions, I had no clue what the hell you guys were talking about , I just jumped on board at the end of Taxi Driver... But I did dig through some back threads and there was some good arguments. Started on the forms in 2012 but I was looking at Sideshow Star Wars rubbish..... Till I met Popcultkid and he showed me the world of customs!!!!

View attachment 184581

:1-1: :hi5:

But stop posting these pics in here!! You're going to awake evil spirits!!

The power of Christ compels you!!!

The Neca set is cool and all, but I've been waiting for a high end 1/6 offering since I started collecting. Bring it on Rainman :rock

WOW Mike is that a Beto BettleJuice? That is amazingly good, wonder if sideshow will even get close. I got cash in hand if you want to sell it , COME ON BRO!

Pazuzu has a boner?

Technically, it's a stoner....but, yeah. In most mythologies he is actually depicted as having a 'serpentine' schlong and, curiously, is almost always pictured casually waving whilst letting it all hang out.

Still, at least in the Exorcist they stayed true to the snake version and avoided going for the 'little helmet and hamsters handbag' look:

pazuzu-9in-s.jpg

Back