Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the dork Jules aeons work emarae?

If so I must say it trounces the rainman one for me.

Yup, I had to go head and clothing set for both of these in order to work with my personal budget and preferences. I also didn't see the need to spend so much on basic black suits in this case, especially when I sorta made bashes of these guys in the past already. Also allowed me to afford extra head sculpts where needed. All heads painted by the wonderful Aeon! :clap

It looks fantastic in his pictures for sure! Looks as close to Jules as I have seen the sculpt.

Yup, these were all done by Aeon! I haven't seen the RM paint up in person, so I couldn't say, but I'm very happy with what Aeon's done for both! :)

The Jules mod looks great Marlo!

I like the way the suit slims down on the narrow

He mentioned it a while back that it was reworked Octopus head, can't remember if it was a thread or his youtube review.

I didn't see your post before mine. You got it right, IDK why I thought I remembered him saying it was some knock off head. It was a while since I watched that vid

Speaking of feet I think that they're the reason why my EB body has a hard time standing on its own. The ankles are actually tight and so are the knees. The body is a little heavier than a TT and I think the tiny feet aren't a big enough platform to balance the body

May have to look into a foot transplant like Dr. Marlo did

The Jules mod looks great Marlo!

I like the way the suit slims down on the narrow

I didn't see your post before mine. You got it right, IDK why I thought I remembered him saying it was some knock off head. It was a while since I watched that vid

Thanks, Mike! Means a lot as I know you have that eye for details too, bro! I didn't have much of a choice as I had the H&C set and just used the body I had from my previous bash of Jules. I more or less just upgraded the suit and used the head for my dork version of Jules. With the extra waist padding I didn't think it was necessary for Jules, so I put it on my dork Vince. Both of the dorks are on the bootleg narrow shoulder TT bodies that you can get for around $25. Jules' body had a gloss to it, so I sprayed it down with a matt varnish/ dull cote. I think I'll do the same with my dork Vince body today..! :wink1:

I decided that I'll be doing this to my Vince & Jules

tumblr_mi9uazGxLv1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

Last edited:
I decided that I'll be doing this to my Vince & Jules

tumblr_mi9uazGxLv1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

Whoa! Are you gonna bloody them up? I was wondering if someone was gonna be so bold and give that a shot! I thought about it, but just having and standard suited set and the dork set is enough for me! Good luck it you're gonna do it!

This is a rare exception of a figure where the Aeon paint is a lot better than the Rainman paint.

I also think the suit looks and fits so much better on a hot toys advanced body with ankle peg extenders.

Has anyone tried taking off the jerry curl and positioning it slightly higher to make it look a bit bigger?

Face is a big let down but not unexpected. A big problem is the way the eyebrows are sculpted and painted and the fat cheeks. Slight mods would have helped

This is a rare exception of a figure where the Aeon paint is a lot better than the Rainman paint.

I also think the suit looks and fits so much better on a hot toys advanced body with ankle peg extenders.

Has anyone tried taking off the jerry curl and positioning it slightly higher to make it look a bit bigger?

Face is a big let down but not unexpected. A big problem is the way the eyebrows are sculpted and painted and the fat cheeks. Slight mods would have helped

:exactly:...............

Whoa! Are you gonna bloody them up? I was wondering if someone was gonna be so bold and give that a shot! I thought about it, but just having and standard suited set and the dork set is enough for me! Good luck it you're gonna do it!

Yes I am going to bloody them up. So just call me Mr. Bold :wave.

I have several good screen captures
of them in that state I will be working off of.

Already got the coffee cups finished....:lol

Awesome your doing the Bloody scene! Sent you that pm!

I was trying to keep it a surprise and I was going to drop the photo bomb when everything was finished but Ike beat me to it. I've been working on a bloody set too :)

The unpainted sculpt comes unglued and you may achieve the improvement you expecting by lifting the hair piece a mm or two ....

I was trying to keep it a surprise and I was going to drop the photo bomb when everything was finished but Ike beat me to it. I've been working on a bloody set too :)

The unpainted sculpt comes unglued and you may achieve the improvement you expecting by lifting the hair piece a mm or two ....

jules_zps3a3103a5.gif

:)

I have a painted head though, anyone tried prying it off? I wonder how strong the glue is? I don't want to crack the resin

Mine came off automatically. I did try it actually and it looked great face on. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the side profile and round the back.

Anyone with the head/outfit set notice it popping off easily? I didn't actively try to pry mine off, but it hasn't budged despite my messing around with it quite a bit to get it on the body. I wonder if Aeon used a stronger glue than Rainman.

Good question K, I have a Aeon as well but admit I have not tried too hard to get it off, though it looks like there was some spillage on mine, looks to be hot glue. It's too bad to hear it looks wrong sitting higher, I was contimplating sculpting a new, bigger Jerry curl Afro. I've never posted any work but I'm a pretty decent sculptor when it comes to things like this. but i don't know how to cast things and super sculpy even when hardened just ends up cracking eventually.

Back