River Tam statue by Phil Robinson

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... it was a few days late but I now have some updated photo's for 2019.....

Jhj8BIz.jpg

Not really sure what else to say at this point.

Summer is at Wales Comic con (I think in April). Maybe if this arrives in time you could get her to sign it lol!. Hope those updates come sooner rather than later.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Well, I'm not actually in the UK, so a little hard for me to do that myself. Not that it would matter, based on progress so far, there is no way it would be done in the next 3 months anyway.

Funny enough, Summer was at my local comic con a few years ago, but of course, no statue.

We have now gone past the 8 years and 8 months with the latest Phil reply of "Get thus month out of the way and I'll have time to complete it".

Trying to think when I've heard that before.........

We are now only 1 month away from 9 years since the deposit was paid and still nothing new. So I sent a message:

"This isn't going to be like last year is it, months and months and months of asking to see any update/photos, to only get a couple of disappointing pics in very late December."

Phil's reply..... "No need to be rude"

I guess after almost 9 years, he finds the truth to be rude.

lol the gall of some people is amazing.
How dare you question him after 9yrs of waiting!

Jesus Christ! We're in the middle of a lockdown! This guy should be holed up in his house finishing this statue. What else has he got to do? How can a statue take 9 years to complete? Absolute insanity. I hope this guy doesn't get another commission again.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I hope this guy doesn't get another commission again.

I suspect he will, since while I've made a thread on a couple of forums, most of what he does is on Facebook, including a specific page for sculpture (https://www.facebook.com/pages/cate...nt/Philip-Robinson-Sculpture-326458861044538/). Where he seems to have a few fans, tho how many have actually tried to deal with him from a business point of view is hard to know.

As for what else he Phil has to do, looking at that page, Yoda is now at Version 6, while River is maybe V0.7 :gah:

Seems word has finally reached Phil and I've got the following reply:

I will get this finished next month...

This will effectively become a one off piece for half price since you wont be sending me the balance and rather than helping me sell copies (which was part of the new agreement for you to get that deal) you have by trying to blacken my name on these forums that would have been the target for selling therefore ruining any chance of selling copies...

So I have decided to assemble this piece and send you it as a complete statue next month... $3,000 worth of work for half price... hope that somehow satisfies you

Of course there has been a ton of "next months" in the past, guess I wait and see what happens by the end of May.

For anyone who has been following along I'm sure this won't come as any surprise, but I've yet to hear any word from Phil over the past month, even tho the statue is meant be be completed within 2 weeks time.

So I've sent him a reminder, along with pointing out the fact that it is now officially 9 years since I paid the deposit.

Here is what I assume will be the final statue.

lzy8emB.jpg

For anyone that needs a reminder, this is the reference image that we were going for.

EqcS8GJ.jpg

Let me know what you all think, honest feedback is welcome.

Last edited:
I can recognize what it supposed to be because I'm a fan of the movie and familiar with the scene. Otherwise I'd think it's some random girl with a caveman forehead and brow. Frankenstein's monster's sister or something...

Like I said a few posts up, nine years ago it would have looked better but even then still custom and flawed. The body sculpt looks good to me and the tailoring is decent.

The thing that stands out the most I'd say is the headsculpt and hair are lacking and possibly the paint. I also notice that the hand pointing upward doesn't look to be gripping the weapon very well. The sculpt looks like a custom 1/6 figure and that just isn't good enough at this scale imo. This is 1/4 scale right?

If I was a big enough fan I would probably send this on to a reputable, trusted artist who could alter those issues and maybe completely redo the head, hands and paint. It could vastly improve the piece.

You certainly shouldn't have to send it to anyone though and you'll have probably lost most of your enjoyment of this piece given what's happened.

Regardless, I hope you receive it soon and get something out of it man.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Yes it is 1/4 scale or at least it should be.

I've spoken with Phil and he's agreed to a number of fixes.

- The weapons will be re-sculpted and re-painted, the sword is too short and the axe isn't exactly right and I find the paint apps, especially on the axe just doesn't say razor sharp. I too pointed out the thumb holding the axe, or not holding it, making it look like the weapon would just fall out. Not sure if that will be fixed.

- The hair will be redone using black, since it more or less is, especially in the reference photo, with the eyes looking up/forward rather the down like they are now.

- My biggest issue was with the dress. The cloth is just too heavy and the overall fit across the chest and down the side just makes it all look too big and bulky. This is the first time I've seen the dress, so Phil is going to redo it, I hope with a lighter, bit more transparent type fabric, something like silk.

For those wondering what the current status is, I am still waiting on the agreed required changes that were going to be done by the end of June to be completed. At this stage I have no revised ETA. Will let you all know if I get any updates.

Back