Rainman Artwork 2013 Pulp Fiction Project 2- Jules the Shepard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe you could contact Ashkanls about getting it cast if you sculpted one and wanted to make a more durable one, or to make it available to others. Seems like he has been willing to do that sort of thing for other boardies in the past.

I can't blv that the ones the hair came off of have not thought
of real hair yet.

Since that went back and forth so many times in the thread, I thought
for sure someone would jump on it fast.

Shame I missed out on the Jules unpainted head, I would have
taken the resin hair off that one and tried it myself..:)

I can't blv that the ones the hair came off of have not thought
of real hair yet.

Since that went back and forth so many times in the thread, I thought
for sure someone would jump on it fast.

Shame I missed out on the Jules unpainted head, I would have
taken the resin hair off that one and tried it myself..:)

Workin' on it. I've already ordered the unpainted head.

jules_zps3a3103a5.gif

:)

:D:D :yess:

Emarae, where did you get those feet for Jules and Vince

I had some feet laying around from various bodies I had for different bashes where the feet weren't needed. I believe the Vince feet are from an ACI Andrew or similar body. They're kinda clunky and ugly, but I thought they suited the fatter Travolta character! The Jules feet are I think Kaustic Plasik feet that I painted over to sorta match Jules. And I had to dremel them both in order to fit the foot pegs just to let you know. They're not the best, but they work for me and I think once Robbie adds the flip flops, they'll look much better!

So I'm still waiting on a painted Jules head I never received from Rainman. He stopped answering my e-mails about it, so now I'm not sure if he just doesn't plan on sending it or what :huh

The customer service communication thing has been my biggest concern from Rainman for awhile, and things like this just reinforce my opinion. If he is so busy with things that he can't get orders right, then at least make right in a timely fashion.

My Jules' pinky ring broker as I was trying to slip it on and I sent rainman two messages to see if a replacement is possible. No response.

Sometimes he takes awhile to get back and sometimes his responses are confusing but he always comes through in the end, iv'e had a couple big mishaps I panicked over at the time and he came through.

Started to finalize the coffee cups.

Though the mix I'm using to create the actual coffee(high gloss clear
coat & brown paint) sure evaporates a lot.

2 hours ago each of these cups were filled to the top.
So it looks like I'l have to do it 2 to 3 times more so after it's
done, it will be full.

Here's some quick pictures.

PFCOFFEECUPS1_zps33e343b9.jpg

tumblr_mi9uazGxLv1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

PFCOFFEECUPS2_zps64216217.jpg

Though looking at the cups again from the film, they dont have
that lip on the top. So I'll be taking my dremel to them to see
if I can get that lip removed. Then I repaint them and fill them
full up with the coffee. :)

Sometimes he takes awhile to get back and sometimes his responses are confusing but he always comes through in the end, iv'e had a couple big mishaps I panicked over at the time and he came through.
As an update, Raymond was right. Rainman did send my painted head eventually, though he stopped responding to e-mails altogether and didn't give me any updates on it. Anyway, all's well that ends well.

Started to finalize the coffee cups.

Though the mix I'm using to create the actual coffee(high gloss clear
coat & brown paint) sure evaporates a lot.

2 hours ago each of these cups were filled to the top.
So it looks like I'l have to do it 2 to 3 times more so after it's
done, it will be full.

Here's some quick pictures.

PFCOFFEECUPS1_zps33e343b9.jpg

tumblr_mi9uazGxLv1s5lf2ro1_500.gif

PFCOFFEECUPS2_zps64216217.jpg

Though looking at the cups again from the film, they dont have
that lip on the top. So I'll be taking my dremel to them to see
if I can get that lip removed. Then I repaint them and fill them
full up with the coffee. :)

What you want is Realistic Water.

You'll never get anywhere with gloss acrylic and paint.

Put a little bit of brown paint or food coloring or even real coffee in this, do two or three rounds and you are good to go.

It was finally time to give these boys there due! Love em so much! Hope you guys dig it! :peace

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v11s6Kosws&feature=share&list=UU7uEFWAwrbK0nYQ62k8zhAA[/ame]

Back