Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Lt. Sulu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Most aren't quite quite so austere but negative echo chambers can be far more damaging than positive ones. Criticism and advice on how to better please their customers going forward should be welcomed. An angry rant about why you'll never buy this product before its even on the shelves, is less helpful. Think of constructive ways to engage. Maybe a vote on different facial expressions on their site could be a way for fans to interact and would give them some data to present to the licence holder. That sort of thing.

And yet your passive/aggressive posts towards other posters, talking down to them is fine? :lol Give me a break. You like the figure, great, but a lot of people are disappointed and are showing their displeasure, hoping the company takes the feedback and either does something about it or listens next time. How about you state your opinion without talking down to people?

They'll happily take your money, just not your honest opinions. I always hate it whenever a company goes down that road, where they only accept or allow positive commentary, because echo chambers aren't good for anybody long term... :slap

Exactly.

Definitely growing on me in hand. Some angles look softer than others, but than can be said of many sculpts. Looks great with Kirk and the rest of the crew as well.

I'm a vocal on the fact I dislike the sculpt a lot (because I'm allowed an opinion, despite another poster here) but I'll admit that too: definitely growing on me. I will reserve final judgement until it's in hand.

Came across this on FB. Doesn't look quite as bad here, but the mouth is still throwing the whole sculpt off. Oh well, what could have been. Still keeping my PO with SS.
7a73822b9e4e41736914566f8940c515.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

And yet your passive/aggressive posts towards other posters, talking down to them is fine? :lol Give me a break. You like the figure, great, but a lot of people are disappointed and are showing their displeasure, hoping the company takes the feedback and either does something about it or listens next time. How about you state your opinion without talking down to people?

Exactly.

I'm a vocal on the fact I dislike the sculpt a lot (because I'm allowed an opinion, despite another poster here) but I'll admit that too: definitely growing on me. I will reserve final judgement until it's in hand.

I just counsel people to be a bit more balanced in their criticism. I agree whole heartedly that it was a mistake to change the sculpt given that the previous version was so well received and to do so AFTER many of us had pre-ordered from suppliers based on those images with no warning was clearly poor business sense and an example of missing an open goal.

That said, they would not have done it unless they had to as part of the licence agreement, the sculpt and overall figure is still decent enough. It's disappointing as the previous sculpt looked better but it's not the end of the galaxy.

This is getting the axe from my POs. Too much to finance in the coming months and he just isn't grabbing my attention like Scotty did. I'll stick with the trio of rank colors and be set then.

I like mine and he looks good in hand. I wonder if this head sculpt was used to be a base for a Mirror Mirror Sulu in the future?

I saw a comment from Nanjin yesterday that he wishes they had spent more time refining this sculpt. Which leads me to believe they never thought this sculpt would get approval over the prototype. [emoji2955]

Yeah I definitely get the sense this wasn't Nanjin's preferred sculpt either, and he's hinted about wanting to "make up for it" with some of the newer Trek figures he's working on for us.

The biggest issue I see coming with Uhura is the body being too thin and not even close to her body type, but that's probably understandable given the lack of options they have.

The biggest issue I see coming with Uhura is the body being too thin and not even close to her body type, but that's probably understandable given the lack of options they have.
Well the prototype for Zoe from Firefly they showed awhile back was really bad. Giant head on a skinny body. Hopefully they've got something better for Uhura.

Just got an early processing notice from SS, payment tomorrow and shipping to me right away. I'll be glad to have another crew member on the shelf!

Honestly it's taking all my willpower not to cancel both Sulu and Scotty right now, as neither one really look worth the $200 I'd be paying after tax and shipping. It's only my love of TOS that keeps me hanging on, but even that doesn't seem like enough.

Especially when I realize that $400 could be put toward something like the Mk50 instead...

Back