Quantum Mechanix 1/6 Star Trek The Original Series Lt. Sulu

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it helps to look at the big picture. We are three characters away from the main TOS crew in 1/6 scale and number 5 is shipping Monday-ish. Well done QMX, well done!

20190402_224848.jpg

Honestly it's taking all my willpower not to cancel both Sulu and Scotty right now, as neither one really look worth the $200 I'd be paying after tax and shipping. It's only my love of TOS that keeps me hanging on, but even that doesn't seem like enough.

Especially when I realize that $400 could be put toward something like the Mk50 instead...
In my mind Kirk, Spock, and Scotty are a good TOS representation because you get one of each crew division that way. It's where I'll be stopping, I think.

In my mind Kirk, Spock, and Scotty are a good TOS representation because you get one of each crew division that way. It's where I'll be stopping, I think.

I think I'd be happy with just Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Uhura to represent the series, especially given my space restrictions right now. But I agree the idea of having the entire bridge crew is still a cool one... even if some of those figures might be less impressive than I'd like.

Well, just paid off Sulu early at Sideshow. This is the first time at having not been super excited that a figure is coming. Hopefully in hand I will like it more. I'm wondering if having the whole crew on display together might make it look better? I guess I'll find out next week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I've always lamented the repeated failures not to make all the main characters. I can't quit now!
I think I'd be happy with just Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Uhura to represent the series, especially given my space restrictions right now. But I agree the idea of having the entire bridge crew is still a cool one... even if some of those figures might be less impressive than I'd like.
Paul makes a good point. Even worth the shortcomings of this Sulu the fact they are pushing forward to make the whole bridge really is remarkable in and of itself.

I've been tempted to get McCoy as well. Very close multiple times, actually. Unfortunately I've missed my window for the Tunic version which would have differentiated him a bit from visually. What are your thoughts on him, Dave? Your tweaks to perfection always give good insight to a figure's intrinsic value.

Yeah unfortunately I missed out on the medical tunic too. I've never been quite as fond of that figure as others here, as the lumpy sculpt (and huge bags under the eyes) makes him look much older than he should be, but it still works well enough on display, especially after putting him on a thinner body.

Sulu has joined the crew! The shadow on his head confirms the brown hair is not helping the likeness for me, I'll be dry brushing some black on there this weekend. Overall I'm pleased.

20190607_173313.jpg

Last edited:
Back