QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just curious. How would they not be compatible? Are you talking about materials used, etc?

Yes -- I mean materials used, weave pattern of fabric, fabric dyes, arrowhead execution/accessories. The whole shabang. I'm not really concerned about it, because Nanjin is the captain of his ship now. He cares about his crew.

So don't worry about not seeing your favorite Trek character. (I can even make just 10 units for the price of producing in hundreds. I only need to care about the timing and annual volume)

So don't worry, 1/6 Trek is going to be here to stay even if I stop breathing..

This is a dream come true! Nanjin, you are a saint and a passionate Trekkie who has the abilities/talents to realize these dreams. You are much appreciated. There are so many specialty figures I can think of it would be difficult to choose. How do you foresee the process by which we can submit suggestions? At this moment, I can think of a short list of specialty figures that have not been teased before during the QMx run. These are, of course, just a long shot wish list:
(1) TMP Admiral Kirk in dress uniform
(2) TMP Spock in grey duty uniform
(3) TMP Kirk in short sleeve white casual uniform
(4) TOS Kirk in 1st season green wraparound
(5) TOS Kirk in 2nd season green wraparound
(6) Dress uniforms for all bridge crew (TOS)
(7) TOS Klingons
(8) TOS Romulans
(9) TOS Salt Vampire
(10) TNG 1st season bridge crew

Thanks and I look forward to your creative and challenging 1/6th scale endeavors! :pray:

I too hope they match up to the previous QMX figures.
I think they’ll be comparable. Nanjin was doing the Star Trek figures for QMX, and is now doing them with his company, EXO-6. Sounds like there may be upgrades available, but I don’t think the old figures will be completely obsolete. I intend to keep all my QMX figures.

In any event, Backward Compatibility is a MUST for TOS. It is the Prime Directive for TOS 1/6. Furthermore, if any new item that is not Comparable, I will provide the replacements with minimum cost for the end users.

TOS will not be compromised in anyway but improvements with the previous supporters in mind.

No previous 1/6 TOS owners will be left behind.

Furthermore to this Directive, TOS will have its own directions separated from other operations.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Well, Mr. Nanjin did mention this. So I am hoping that the rest of the Bridge Crew match the ones I already have. 😁
Jim G.G.

Nanjin, I am new to the community here, and have only recently started collecting the Star Trek 1/6 figures. I really love the OT series, but I missed out on the Doctor McCoy, that QMx sold. Do you have any plans to make any more of the McCoy figure? Sorry if someone already asked.

Thanks!

Nanjin, I am new to the community here, and have only recently started collecting the Star Trek 1/6 figures. I really love the OT series, but I missed out on the Doctor McCoy, that QMx sold. Do you have any plans to make any more of the McCoy figure? Sorry if someone already asked.

Thanks!
Welcome. Instead of giving a Yes/No answer, I will say these:

My own company will have our own version of 1/6 Trek.

We intend to do ALL Trek series, and TOS is an icon series that every trek companies can not miss.

Each Trek series will be treated as their own individual series and have their own product strategies.

We intend to do ALL Trek series, and TOS is an icon series that every trek companies can not miss.

Each Trek series will be treated as their own individual series and have their own product strategies.

Anxiously waiting on Chekov and Uhura to complete my TOS crew.
Thank you very much Mr. Nanjin for you are doing for Star Trek.
:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin:bouncin
-Jim G.G.

Thanks for the reply, Nanjin. That's great news. I'll definitely be looking forward to seeing all of the figures that your new company produces.

I contacted Qmx asking if they still had plans to release the Lynda Carter Wonder Woman or any more 1/6 figures in the future and received the response below:

Hello,

Due to the global pandemic, many projects have been placed on hold. While we may produce them in the future, we currently do not have plans to do so.

QMx Customer Service
Quantum Mechanix Inc.

I wasn?t concerned about Trek figures since Nanjin has us covered with that, but it looks to me like Qmx is pulling out of the 1/6 market totally now.

QMx have been cagey with their responses to questions relating to the second waves of Scotty and Sulu, always implying that they still intend to produce them, but not committing themselves to a time frame.

The reply you got referring to "many projects" which "may" be produced in the future, yet "we currently do not have plans to do so" is the clearest answer they've given that implies they won't actually be fulfilling pre-orders that some people made a few years ago.

I think without Nanjin they're all at sea. Plus he said he still had their moulds, which were outside rusting away.

QMx have been cagey with their responses to questions relating to the second waves of Scotty and Sulu, always implying that they still intend to produce them, but not committing themselves to a time frame.

The reply you got referring to "many projects" which "may" be produced in the future, yet "we currently do not have plans to do so" is the clearest answer they've given that implies they won't actually be fulfilling pre-orders that some people made a few years ago.

I think without Nanjin they're all at sea. Plus he said he still had their moulds, which were outside rusting away.
I don't have their molds. I informed them to pick them up when i resigned. They didn't pick them up and became scrap after 3 months (Dec 2019)

I don't have their molds. I informed them to pick them up when i resigned. They didn't pick them up and became scrap after 3 months (Dec 2019)

That was a very strange situation. That QMx either couldn't be bothered, or knew they weren't going to be needing them any way.

For those calling for this thread to end, I disagree. This thread should continue. There's still interest in past QMX releases.

Back