QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. It is. Waiting for approval so I have assets to use. I can't show anything until they are approved.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Why...
Many companies show things with a caveat of "awaiting licensor approval"

Why...
Many companies show things with a caveat of "awaiting licensor approval"
I will only do that for some items. Pending studios approval means ?variable dates? and unconfirmed production schedules.

Remember I intend to make the entire process of 1/6 trek as something enjoyable including waiting time and disappointments.

Everything I presented in the coming months have Firm production and release scheduling. I have to meet an annual production quantity to maintain production efficiency and operation effectiveness (I don't really care the sales performance of one particular character).

I am ignoring ALL demands, I am using supply-side business strategies. Demand side strategies would not be considered until after Trek 55th Birthday when I have some solid market info.

I can make 20+ different trek figures or just one as long as I can fulfill the total annual production volume.

I believe people wants solid order-delivery info not excuses with an open end answer.

Note that I have NO EXPERIENCE in merchandising, marketing, or running a business (although I went to Stanford for MBA) not to mention working with studios. I dont want to make mistakes and affect my release dates. I am not rushing anything but take each step with a firm ground.

I no longer depend on ANYONE inside or outside of the industry. From licensing, business operation, to sending out orders for 1/6 trek, all will done with my direct control (technically about 65% of productions will be done in-house). So don't worry about not seeing your favorite Trek character. (I can even make just 10 units for the price of producing in hundreds. I only need to care about the timing and annual volume)

So don't worry, 1/6 Trek is going to be here to stay even if I stop breathing..

How deep can EXO-6 goes, depends on You Guys and Trekverse. I have done my part and ready to go to explore the Gamma Quadrant [emoji110]

Last edited:
I'm VERY curious as well, especially about the following part:

"So don't worry about not seeing your favorite Trek character. (I can even make just 10 units for the price of producing in hundreds. I only need to care about the timing and annual volume)"

This has me thinking that we could be seeing a big variety of characters being made. :pray:

I will only do that for some items. Pending studios approval means ?variable dates? and unconfirmed production schedules.

I can make 20+ different trek figures or just one as long as I can fulfill the total annual production volume.

So don't worry about not seeing your favorite Trek character. (I can even make just 10 units for the price of producing in hundreds. I only need to care about the timing and annual volume)

Very interesting info there. That could lead to some very sought after figures down the line. Do you know if there are any likeness rights issues you may have to deal with? I know for some older properties the individual actors and actresses have their likeness rights not the studio which has created issues for some other properties (mainly thinking about what I have heard with Predator, TMNT and Jaws licenses). Also with focus on a certain quantity of production a year, could you produce a larger quantity if you are making more in demand figures or are you locked it at a specific number? Also if you underestimate the popularity of a figure would you be willing to do a second run of it for those that miss out? Lastly, are you planning on selling these directly to us or just through third parties like Sideshow?

Very interesting info there. That could lead to some very sought after figures down the line. Do you know if there are any likeness rights issues you may have to deal with? I know for some older properties the individual actors and actresses have their likeness rights not the studio which has created issues for some other properties (mainly thinking about what I have heard with Predator, TMNT and Jaws licenses). Also with focus on a certain quantity of production a year, could you produce a larger quantity if you are making more in demand figures or are you locked it at a specific number? Also if you underestimate the popularity of a figure would you be willing to do a second run of it for those that miss out? Lastly, are you planning on selling these directly to us or just through third parties like Sideshow?
Let me sink into these questions for a bit. Although your questions were all addressed, there should be a more appropriate way to inform the end-users in regards to those questions.

These questions touch base with EXO-6's Thesis Statement too (the purpose of EXO-6)

Beside 1/6 Trek, this is not an appropriate thread for the founder of EXO-6 to talk about the company's structure, direction, and operation of EXO-6.

An EXO-6 thread has already been opened for this sort of discussion.

The QMX line is dead, this thread should be as well.

An EXO-6 thread has already been opened for this sort of discussion.

The QMX line is dead, this thread should be as well.

I agree but the Captain (Nanjin) is responding more in this thread than the other so that is what led to my post here. It was also in response to his post here. It sounds like he already addressed my questions too so I need to go back through and reread his posts to see where I missed them.

Yes.

The circle here is very focus. Confirming it here won't affect my plan.

I have 1/6 All Trek from any universe (even the animations), and all possible space time continuums, and in all 4 quadrants.

Note that even I can roam freely in 1/6 Trekverse, I still have to follow Starfleet's orders and Prime Directive.

A tiny dust on the figure eyeball will also be my responsibility from this point forward....

My journey to manning my own ship actually is being documented here at SSF.

From a no body to a Captain.

And suddenly I'm interested in 1/6 Trek again.

In return, I hope the friends and supporters can assist me in spreading the arrival of EXO-6 in the coming year.

I have secured licensing, development, and production for us trek geeks, and gathered some of the best talents in the industry to materialize 1/6 to its best formation.

I will need support to rebuild Starfleet just like what USS Discovery doing in 33rd century.

Trek is a forgotten and abused child in pop culture. Not only that, Trek is part of American history (trek has 54, US has 250s). It had also influenced many in the American or world science progression. Of course, it had also affected us individually one way or another.

EXO-6 will document Trekverse in 3D material form.

Let history of Pop Merchandising remember there is a special group of fans who are loyal to Trek for the past 54 years.

We are giving hopes to the unfortunate through Trek production.

We are materializing the Souls of Trek (talents were the souls of trek character they protrayed)

We are supporting Just cause for humanity. (My first income from EXO-6 will be donated to support the Frontline Medical warriors).

-and-

We are remembering who we once was through these Trek figures.

[emoji110]

Great news Nanjin. You have my support...

This is great news! The sheer number of potential characters to realize in 1/6th scale for the Star Trek universe would be enough to fill the entire Alpha Quadrant. The upcoming First Contact Data figure looks fantastic. I will be supporting this company as much as I can, and the first offering is an easy buy for me. I hope that the QMx figures I already have (I purchased all of their QMx Star Trek releases) are going to be compatible with anything that EXO-6 releases for the TOS/TNG lines. I love the QMx figures I have and would prefer to not have to replace them in order to have them match the EXO-6 versions. But in all honesty, it's a good problem to have. It will all work out eventually.

Back