QMX Star Trek General discussion thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still searching for Sulu - anybody knows where you can find one (preferably outside of ebay)?

Thanks in advance

I don?t think it can be found outside of EBay, unless someone is selling one out of the trunk of their car.
I got mine online from GameStop and my local Think Geek store had a few on the shelves back when it came out.
Both have long since sold all of their inventory.
The figure sold out and QMX is no longer producing Star Trek figures. Good luck though.

I don?t think it can be found outside of EBay, unless someone is selling one out of the trunk of their car.
I got mine online from GameStop and my local Think Geek store had a few on the shelves back when it came out.
Both have long since sold all of their inventory.
The figure sold out and QMX is no longer producing Star Trek figures. Good luck though.
Wait for EXO-6 Sulu

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Just please finish my TOS crew....
giphy.gif

20210213_165838.jpg

-Jim G.G.

I am not sure whether I will be satisfied with a Uhura release. What Nanjin showed as a tunic prototype in the past was not just what I am expecting. There are so many details that can't be missed, the height of the female boots e.g., they were shorter in S1 and S2 and nearly reaching the knees in S3 etc. etc., and then the heels, they were rather flat, of course, but not just as any heels.
Ok, we will see!

Kirk would never be out of the Holodeck.

He'd be in there all the time with a wide selection of virtual women. And virtually no alien race would be left untouched. :lol

So that's it then? No more of the Sulu figures are to be manufactured?

I paid Planet Action Figures £185 for Sulu back in October 2019. They've been messing me around for the last year giving rough dates on when they will be receiving further stock of the figure. Now that I've read this topic I see that I'm never going to receive a Sulu figure from Planet Action Figures. I've contacted them to demand a refund.

That's pretty shoddy customer service from Planet Action Figures. If I'd never read this topic I'd have thought that more Sulu figures were to be produced. And Planet Action Figures would probably have kept my money for months or years. Well, after I receive my refund for Sulu, I don't think I'll ever be ordering anything from them again.

So that's it then? No more of the Sulu figures are to be manufactured?

I paid Planet Action Figures £185 for Sulu back in October 2019. They've been messing me around for the last year giving rough dates on when they will be receiving further stock of the figure. Now that I've read this topic I see that I'm never going to receive a Sulu figure from Planet Action Figures. I've contacted them to demand a refund.

That's pretty shoddy customer service from Planet Action Figures. If I'd never read this topic I'd have thought that more Sulu figures were to be produced. And Planet Action Figures would probably have kept my money for months or years. Well, after I receive my refund for Sulu, I don't think I'll ever be ordering anything from them again.
PAF “received” info, PAF didn't make up info. Someone was passing out misleading info from Oct 2019 up until Jan 2021.

Problems with these 2 characters aftet 2019 Oct were mostly caused by this.

:lecture

PAF was definitely being strung along by QMx.

I was lucky that I got Scotty in the first wave from Aaron.

Sulu just dragged on and on. At first I think he was having trouble getting any information out of QMx, and when he did get news it was always that the second waves of Scotty and Sulu hadn't been cancelled.

It just shows how long that situation dragged out, because I think I got my refund back in January 2020, when it was already looking completely hopeless. Their intentions just didn't ring true, having heard nanjin's account of the situation and the fact QMx didn't even seem to be bothered about their moulds.

By then I'd already secured a Sulu direct from nanjin, just to be sure.

QMx didn't seem to want to make a firm decision, and they continued to imply that they would eventually get round to producing the figures.

This page confirms that certain retailers were advised by QMx of the cancellation of production in April, but PAF, who was meant to be the UK's QMx representative, apparently didn't get the memo.

QMx's handling of the ST: TOS license is another example of how a 1:6 brand/manufacturer manages to secure a beloved license and over time FAIL to live up to its expectations and disappointing collectors in varying degrees.

Hopefully, nanjin doesn't have to directly and indirectly deal with all the bull**** he encountered and have a more definite and firmer control compared to QMx.

We can only wait and see how the EXO-6 endeavors play out and actually right the ship . . . or not.

:lecture

PAF was definitely being strung along by QMx.

I was lucky that I got Scotty in the first wave from Aaron.
Same for me. I also was lucky to get at least Scotty from him. Didn't get Sulu but that's okay as I ordered him partly to keep the line going. Clearly didn't work. I can live without him.

I also asked for my money back early last year when more pressuring things like the pandemic started and I figured I want my business in order. Aaron responded immediately and I had it soon after. It's certainly not his fault.

Same for me. I also was lucky to get at least Scotty from him. Didn't get Sulu but that's okay as I ordered him partly to keep the line going. Clearly didn't work. I can live without him.

I also asked for my money back early last year when more pressuring things like the pandemic started and I figured I want my business in order. Aaron responded immediately and I had it soon after. It's certainly not his fault.
I agree re Aaron and PAF his QMX liaison lady left and he was reliant upon generic customer relations links that clearly were stringing him along.

QMX didnt do themselves any favours by constantly stringing out the lie that they were going to produce more of Sulu and Scotty.
He refunded me the full amount for both last year with no quibles after the initial delays.

Understandable for some companies to do that. I am not talking about retail level but supply source.

I am remedying some of those bad after taste residuals which translated to better productions, better figures in all phases. The true end results favor the 1/6 Trek collectors.

I am actually glad for all those experiences. Good or bad they gave the opportunity to 1/6 Trek to shine in the coming months. Not only they helped pushed my efforts in 1/6 Trek to an even higher level, they also indirectly created some amazing motivation in my production group. First Contact Data is the result.

There will be Scotty, Sulu, and much more coming. If the fans haven't jumped off the wagon, now is when the fun begins for 1/6 Trek.

Without the Past, there's no Present.

We owe them our gratitude as 1/6 Trek collectors.

Last edited:
Back