QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope, if he’s not at SDCC I’d say it’s gone.

Does QMX not realize they are self-perpetuating their own failure of their new lines??! If they are one and done, few are going to invest. Fool me once with Mal Reynolds and no additional Firefly figures, fool me twice with Princess Bride yada, yada. By all accounts, it took herculean efforts by Nanjin to keep Star Trek going. Few will invest when they show no commitment.

I really think most complications for things like this must be either A) licensing + dealing with the actor, I'm assuming their rights weren't lumped in when the movie was made and B) sales, not everyone who buys Westley will buy Inigo or any other character. If they only sell X amount of Westley's than they know that's their maximum for any other characters, and it'll most likely be a good bit less than that.

The only character I could see bucking the trend would be Fezzik. I think a lot of people would buy an Andre the Giant figure regardless of what character he is. Hell if they included a singlet as a 'bonus' I'm sure sales would be great haha.

I really want a 1/6 Fezzik. Perhaps QMX could make a deal with Star Ace for use of their Hagrid body to cut cost?

Beautiful stand. Did you do it yourself? How did you do the logs?! Aquarium stuff maybe?
m.

Thanks, yeah I made the stand using a HT Dx style base. The wood is drift wood I found on my grandma's lake house down by the beach. Works perfectly!

But I'd bet you could find something similar at a petstore/ aquarium parts or something.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Does QMX not realize they are self-perpetuating their own failure of their new lines??! If they are one and done, few are going to invest. Fool me once with Mal Reynolds and no additional Firefly figures, fool me twice with Princess Bride yada, yada. By all accounts, it took herculean efforts by Nanjin to keep Star Trek going. Few will invest when they show no commitment.

Add Supernatural to that, too. With just Dean released. I'm such a Dean girl I'll keep Dean without Sam, but I know I'm in the minority on that - most see them as a pair and don't want to bother with one without the other.

This license, IMO, needs at least Inigo released to pair with Westley.

Stole this from the new thread for QMX’s Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Inigo is on display at SDCC:
CBE75B98-99B9-40A4-9881-A1F95A4904CC.jpeg

Add Supernatural to that, too. With just Dean released. I'm such a Dean girl I'll keep Dean without Sam, but I know I'm in the minority on that - most see them as a pair and don't want to bother with one without the other.

This license, IMO, needs at least Inigo released to pair with Westley.

Sam should be going up for order soon and I'm told Inigo is a very good bet to go forward.

So I was surprised for my birthday by my wife with this figure from my local comic shop. I guess she had seen me look at it a few times, lol. I haven't had time to pose him up, but it's really nice. Now where is that Inigo Montoya PO?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Artoo, yes I am. I had been cutting back on figures recently because she's been getting some of the DC Bombshells statues. So this was a nice surprise.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back