QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not the 1/6 but McFarlane announced this license. They've been branching out a lot so I think we'll get most if not all of the critical cast. Hope there's no actor licensing issues.

I know it's not the 1/6 but McFarlane announced this license. They've been branching out a lot so I think we'll get most if not all of the critical cast. Hope there's no actor licensing issues.

McFarlane jareth says hello

Thanks for the headsup, apparently on his Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/mcfarlanetoys/photos/a.1632738606952678/3122621314631059/?type=3&__xts__

While the McFarlane sculpts tend to be beautiful (closer to statues), I'm torn as I do prefer figures with better articulation.

My Dread Pirate Roberts has been very lonely in my Detolf shelf so I decided to give him some company. It’s still a WIP, but I think it will do as a placeholder until QMX or another company steps up to make a licensed Inigo Montoya or other characters from the movie.
I’ll be painting the boots and weathering his vest soon. Also waiting on some leather pants to arrive.
B3FA2E9C-2795-4450-9881-9EFB7DEC4330.jpeg
FB0A2F68-8C68-4F4B-B162-21CA8AF44992.jpeg

Last edited:
My Dread Pirate Roberts has been very lonely in my Detolf shelf so I decided to give him some company. It’s still a WIP, but I think it will do as a placeholder until QMX or another company steps up to make a licensed Inigo Montoya or other characters from the movie.
I’ll be painting the boots and weathering his vest soon. Also waiting on some leather pants to arrive.
View attachment 505568
View attachment 505583

Wow:thud:

I wish you offer this buddy. I have about 3 of your headsculpts and they are far away superior than any 1/6 companies, granted it's BCS, but still you rock

Wow:thud:

I wish you offer this buddy. I have about 3 of your headsculpts and they are far away superior than any 1/6 companies, granted it's BCS, but still you rock

Thanks for the compliment, but I just dabble in 1/6 sculpting and I still have lots to learn.
I can’t take much credit for the headsculpt on Inigo since it is just a Jake Gyllenhaal head that I modified, repainted and added hair to.
The shirt and vest is from a Zizzle Jack Sparrow figure that I dyed and added strings. The belt/sword holder was from the same figure.
The sword was a cheap Civil War sword that I modified by adding the gold additions to.
This was only a two day project once I had all the parts. Quick and dirty, but I think it still turned out decent.

Looks fantastic though
Thanks! I’m pretty happy with how it’s turning out.
Touched up the mustache, painted and weathered the boots and added the frills as well as weathering the shirt and vest.
Once I get the leather pants in I can call this one done and pair him up with The Dread Pirate Roberts.
I might take a stab (pun intended) at making a more accurate sword as well.

1F62EAC3-ED61-4868-9D10-0175AC5DD234.jpeg

oqjnWm4.jpg

X9gTMZe.jpg

For comparison what their prototype once-upon-a-time looked like....

Done!
Here he is with The Dread Pirate Roberts:

View attachment 506084

Thanks! Finally the display doesn?t look so lonely.
View attachment 506100

They do look fantastic together, thanks for sharing!
and if there is a forthcoming Andre' the Giant Fezzik, to make it the trio, please let us know.

Or pose them opposite the LOTR Three Hunters or MCUs Warriors Three!;)

I hate this company so much. Can someone tell qmx to stop being failures and finish princess bride and firefly. If not then give up the license to someone willing to make the damn figures.

I hate this company so much. Can someone tell qmx to stop being failures and finish princess bride and firefly. If not then give up the license to someone willing to make the damn figures.

I'm pretty sure QMx just got out of the 1/6 game entirely at this point. Q-Figs seem to make them money.

Yeah, I definitely don’t think it’s “good riddance” to QMX. They had good quality and who else has even tried to make anything from some of the licenses they acquired. One figure from a beloved movie is better than none at all.

Yeah, I definitely don?t think it?s ?good riddance? to QMX. They had good quality and who else has even tried to make anything from some of the licenses they acquired. One figure from a beloved movie is better than none at all.

Barely and as for Firefly, no not at all. I just want jayne and I'll never get it even though they already made a prototype.

Back