QMX Princess Bride - Westley, The Dread Pirate Roberts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The perfect mawwiage: new figure, new remastered Blu-ray from Criterion!

IMG_20181212_160916_319.jpg

Anyone in Oz waiting for this, its just arrived at PC. My wife will love me, its her favourite movie, should get this just in time for Christmas....

Anyone in Oz waiting for this, its just arrived at PC. My wife will love me, its her favourite movie, should get this just in time for Christmas....

It's been in stock at Global Gear on eBay for a month. I got mine 3 weeks ago, and for $60 less than Popcultcha. I'm a fan of PC, but they've been having some really unacceptable delays lately.

It's been in stock at Global Gear on eBay for a month. I got mine 3 weeks ago, and for $60 less than Popcultcha. I'm a fan of PC, but they've been having some really unacceptable delays lately.

With pennies, I got it for $249, not bad. Congrats on getting him.

Wow am I late to this party and WOW is this party dead as FK! And I'm not sure why because this is an impressive fig

Finally opened this guy today and only did a quick once over, but this is much much better than I was expecting. As others said something goes wrong when you aim a camera at this. I was crushed when I first started seeing pics months back and the unmasked head appeared to have a Hasbro level paint job, but this is infinitely better in hand. Nice to see accurate skin tone and accurate blonde hair as opposed to the too-tan approach and non-blonde color other companies have used to tackle characters with this similar coloring (Luke, Thor, etc). Maybe that does lend itself to a bit of a more toyish look but I think QMX executed this really well.

Have to say after unboxing BW Lecter and this in the same day, this was more impressive, especially for a $70 difference in MSRP

Hope they complete the line!

Wow am I late to this party and WOW is this party dead as FK! And I'm not sure why because this is an impressive fig

Finally opened this guy today and only did a quick once over, but this is much much better than I was expecting. As others said something goes wrong when you aim a camera at this. I was crushed when I first started seeing pics months back and the unmasked head appeared to have a Hasbro level paint job, but this is infinitely better in hand. Nice to see accurate skin tone and accurate blonde hair as opposed to the too-tan approach and non-blonde color other companies have used to tackle characters with this similar coloring (Luke, Thor, etc). Maybe that does lend itself to a bit of a more toyish look but I think QMX executed this really well.

Have to say after unboxing BW Lecter and this in the same day, this was more impressive, especially for a $70 difference in MSRP

Hope they complete the line!
Yeah man I love this figure! It hits on the nostalgia childhood spots for me. I hope they do more 80s fantasy stuff!

What I'd give for a Willow Madmartigan and Willow Uffgood...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

If anyone is looking for this figure I have one that is in like new condition up for grabs for a cheap price. PM me.

I had four friends over this past Monday, none of which had ever seen my collection (I have seven detolfs that are overflowing with over 50 1/6 scale figures, almost all are Hot Toys). Even in the crowded little space that I have, each of my friends managed to spot Westly like he was Waldo. It was funny because everyone was talking about different figures all at once, so each person discovered The Dread Pirate Roberts without the others catching on. As each person saw him, they’d share a reaction with me like they’d just discovered America. Then, each would share some nostalgic story about The Princess Bride. I had no idea this QMX figure would be so easily recognized and receive such high praise from my friends. Even though I own several grail figures and numerous custom head sculpts by JNIX and Spencer, The Dread Pirate Roberts was the star of my collection that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Still have one available if anyone is looking. Cheaper than retail.

Yeah man I love this figure! It hits on the nostalgia childhood spots for me. I hope they do more 80s fantasy stuff!

What I'd give for a Willow Madmartigan and Willow Uffgood...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yea this is really a great piece. It needs a nice custom metal sword but it’s a great package at the price point.

What’s the deal with that custom forum? I’ve been off the grid for a while here. I heard something happened with the custom section here but don’t know exactly what. Is that the place everyone moved to or is all the custom stuff (buying/selling/talking) scattered around social media now?

Now if QMX would just get off their ass and make Inigo and Buttercup. This one and done $#@t is really pissing me off.

Didn’t they show Inigo at SDCC? is that not still happening?

Didn’t they show Inigo at SDCC? is that not still happening?

Yes, and that’s it. We also saw Raylen from Justified, but that’s dead. We haven’t heard a thing about Inigo, which was first shown a couple years ago. We should have gotten a PO for Inigo by now, unless they’re putting all their 1/6 energies on Star Trek.

What’s the deal with that custom forum? I’ve been off the grid for a while here. I heard something happened with the custom section here but don’t know exactly what. Is that the place everyone moved to or is all the custom stuff (buying/selling/talking) scattered around social media now?

It ended up separated from here into its own site. Our logins from here work over there:
https://customonesixth.com/index.php

To the best of my knowledge:

Sideshow Collectibles threatened to pull affiliate status from the site over threads about unlicensed figures and custom runs. Which meant revenue from affiliate sales links would be lost, so unlicensed threads started getting shutdown and the custom section disappeared completely for a bit. Only to have Sideshow pull it anyway, so all the custom stuff got moved so projects people had already paid on were able to be finished and we’ve been free to discuss any figure from any company without the threads being closed.

If I’m wrong please correct me or add anything I missed.

Back